Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

orly now

luckypotatoluckypotato Member Posts: 251

So looks like RuneScape has a new head of mmorpg.

I dont play runescape anymore..sence they took out the wildy.. due to that ceo of paypal comming in and screwing up the whole game..

But apparently "2009 is the year of improvement"

Anybody think that they will actually turn this game around and possibly bring it back from the dead?

Yes yes i know..RS is far from dead.. but .. do you think they could bring it back to the good ol golden days of runescape? You know.. 2004-2005ish.. before all the nerf's started rolling in

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Runescape 3, in a full on proper mmorpg in full 3D world. Remember the upgrade from Classic to current iteration. Well it is time to do that again or start working on it. Keep Runescape 2 for the browser market and make a proper mmo.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

If RS goes off browser there's no way its gonna be able to compete with the current MMOs. I've seen so many browser games try to go full 3D applications and almost all of them either never came out of beta or never got more than 50 people to play. Even if it is RS, one of the attributes RS has is that its easily accessible and can be played from anywhere.

But hey they've made a bunch of money off of RS and most companies don't have that kind of backing so it could work unless they say to themselves "well we're targeting babies so f*** it" and they don't even try to have good graphics or good anything else like games, tv shows, movies, etc of today.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

New manager or not, it's still Jagex. Majority of Jagex people want runescape to be for or kids and teenagers.  They want it to be "=) land" No excuses.