Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real quick question about Trial accounts

Just had a quick question on trial accounts. Basically, just wanting to know if I put a game time card on it, does it become a full fledged, full access account?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by DaveTheRave

Just had a quick question on trial accounts. Basically, just wanting to know if I put a game time card on it, does it become a full fledged, full access account?
    Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately not, in order to upgrade the account I believe you have to upgrade it first with a game Key and then your time card.

• DaveTheRaveDaveTheRave Member Posts: 11

Dang....oh well I guess no snow mammoth for me   I'll just have to reactivate my old account back from release of the game.

Thanks for the quick response also

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Dang....oh well I guess no snow mammoth for me   I'll just have to reactivate my old account back from release of the game.

Don't worry, the snow mammoth is completely useless, except for the cool looks. Contrary to what the newest AoC ad on this website tries to show, the screen does not shake when the mammoth moves and you cannot knock back 5 people with it.

• BearShammyBearShammy Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Krewel

Don't worry, the snow mammoth is completely useless, except for the cool looks. Contrary to what the newest AoC ad on this website tries to show, the screen does not shake when the mammoth moves and you cannot knock back 5 people with it.

WTF?????? Of course the Mammoth is usefull. Huges Structual damage zone and of course you can use your mount to do knockback moves!!!! This is what happens when you have experts that's not playing the game.

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Dude, wtf are you talking about? Show me one movie where the mammoth is useful, where a player with a mammoth is owning people, show me. I had it in my inventory for 3 months, only used it to diss people in OT. In sieges mammoths can be used for damaging buildings, but guess what - it takes 30 mins to destroy a building with 10 other mammoths, so it's easier and quickest to just destroy a building with a trebuchet or catapult.

If Funcom wants to get people to join, they should stop wasting time doing that with blatant lies, such as that stupid white mammoth ad.

• BearShammyBearShammy Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Krewel

Dude, wtf are you talking about? Show me one movie where the mammoth is useful, where a player with a mammoth is owning people, show me. I had it in my inventory for 3 months, only used it to diss people in OT. In sieges mammoths can be used for damaging buildings, but guess what - it takes 30 mins to destroy a building with 10 other mammoths, so it's easier and quickest to just destroy a building with a trebuchet or catapult.
    If Funcom wants to get people to join, they should stop wasting time doing that with blatant lies, such as that stupid white mammoth ad.

This is right, trebuches and catapults are better to destroy buildings, but nevertheless you fail to say that. I am only saying this because I have used mammoth many times now and it is kind of semiusefull with it's huge damage zone. Perfectly balanced as a mount also should not really become like a vital factor in success or not in the game.