Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know what charms do?

AshenkharAshenkhar Member Posts: 61

I have a question for those who have already figured this out.  What do charms do?  I crafted a few charms out of my ranger skills, but I haven't really noticed that they do anything useful.

Are they for giving/selling to other people that aren't rangers so that they can use ranger skills?  I haven't found any way to use or equip them.

Thanks for the help!

-Ashenkhar

Comments

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

I dont have a clue either and would like to know

• AshenkharAshenkhar Member Posts: 61

Well, I did a bit of looking around last night, and I figured out what charms are good for.

First, charms are essentially skills in an item form.  You can either make your own or you can buy them from a vendor.  You can only make skill charms out of skills that you already have.  So as a ranger, I have the Troll Ungent skill, so if I have the right materials I could make a Troll Ungent charm.

They are used to put into necklaces, to give you temporary skills.  There are two types of necklaces.  A basic necklace, and a superior necklace.  You can only place charms into a basic necklace for charms that match your primary or secondary profession.  So it would be handy to pick up a skill you want, but haven't bought yet.

However a superior necklace can hold charms of any profession.   So if I am a Ranger/Elementalist, and I had a superior necklace, then I could place a skill charm in it from any of the professions, and then choose that skill for my next quest.  I did this yesterday.  A friend of mine crafted me a healing charm from his monk skillset, then I placed the charm into the superior necklace and chose that skill for my next mission.

From what I read, the charms only last for 24 hours, but the necklaces can be re-used.  I haven't seen if this is the case first hand.

-Ashenkhar