Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I predict a rapid exodus of players from WoW in early 2009

Comments

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by IcoGames

Originally posted by Mwaji

Originally posted by popinjay

Clearly the OP is a genius.  I mean he actually predicted the demise of AoC! 

I suppose announcing new servers is a sign of WoW's apocolypse; not to mention record sales.   Of course, this is all Blizzard propaganda.

Those crazy Blizzard execs!

They celebrate impending losses by opening new servers! What a buncha crazy old hoots they are!

Yeeehaaa!

I don't mind haters at all of any game, I just don't like haters without facts to back the hate up.

Before they open new servers maybe they should do something about the Entire Retaliation Battlegroup having low servers on every single server exept maybe area 52. The new servers your drooling over are probably the new South American servers. Fanboi logic gotta love it.

or ... maybe Blizzard is reacting to queues; that's not to mention Free Realm Transfers.

Don't forget paid transfers off of dead servers, you can't just leave dead servers on WoW you have to        PAY Still though your dodging and parsing with fanboi speak, Blizz can free realm transfer you to one of the already dead servers they HAD without having to make NEW dead servers just for it.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

I suppose announcing new servers is a sign of WoW's apocolypse; not to mention record sales.   Of course, this is all Blizzard propaganda.

They celebrate impending losses by opening new servers! What a buncha crazy old hoots they are!

Yeeehaaa!

I don't mind haters at all of any game, I just don't like haters without facts to back the hate up.

Before they open new servers maybe they should do something about the Entire Retaliation Battlegroup having low servers on every single server exept maybe area 52. The new servers your drooling over are probably the new South American servers. Fanboi logic gotta love it.

or ... maybe Blizzard is reacting to queues; that's not to mention Free Realm Transfers.

Don't forget paid transfers off of dead servers, you can't just leave dead servers on WoW you have to        PAY Still though your dodging and parsing with fanboi speak, Blizz can free realm transfer you to one of the already dead servers they HAD without having to make NEW dead servers just for it.

Lol, and you think I'm dodging the question ....

Are we discussing Blizzard's fairness with transfers, which I'll agree with you on, or whether WoW's population is decreasing (in context of the OP)?

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Yeeehaaa!

Are we discussing Blizzard's fairness with transfers, which I'll agree with you on, or whether WoW's population is decreasing (in context of the OP)?

I wouldn't expect him to answer the question DIRECTLY Ico, you're wasting your time asking him to. His mission is to cloud the question until it gets lost, then present a whole other question he has already prepped an answer for to which he could defend slightly better. All the while calling people 'fanbois'. Classic distraction tactics.

Even though I don't play Wow, I like taking this side of this argument because its easier to shoot down trolls with facts than to call people 'fanboi' without them.

*EDIT for clarification.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

All I can do is LOL at the OP. Predicting the demise of AoC somehow qualifies you as an MMO expert? These forums get funnier by the day.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

You just flamed him, making what he said true.

So by me "flaming" him once, that makes seven pages true? Ok... I guess you're right. Can't argue with that logic, it's airtight.

Guess what. He chose not to read all the pages. Its his damn right not to. He then voiced his opinion on a single quote (Obviously having read that), which is also his damn right.

Then you come along and flame him for it. Coincidence that you do this in a WoW topic? I doubt it.

Im not gonna read the pages either. I bet there's plenty of you lot in here. *waves*

Yeeehaaa!

I wouldn't expect him to answer the question DIRECTLY Ico, you're wasting your time asking him to. His mission is to cloud the question until it gets lost, then present a whole other question he has already prepped an answer for to which he could defend slightly better. All the while calling people 'fanbois'. Classic distraction tactics.

Even though I don't play Wow, I like taking this side of this argument because its easier to shoot down trolls with facts than to call people 'fanboi' without them.

*EDIT for clarification.

Cloud? whats soo hard to understand? Dead server= Low pop = Blizz create new Dead Server = Higher pop? the math doesn't work. I am simply asking the question of why when you have multiple low pop servers that need players, instead of boosting their population to be medium, why create the potential for more low pop servers? It's like trying to make an Omelet with empty eggshells and then wondering why you only got hashbrowns. And Jay how do you know anything at all if you admit you don't play WoW or never have? How can you shoot down trolls when you don't know what your talking about, that's about as useful as having a retarded math teacher.

I stated this becuase it seems like an attempt to show confidence when those of us who know better realize many people who know better will be leaving soon, and with soo many low pop servers that have been low pop since BC it seems more like a PR stunt more than anything.

Yeeehaaa!

*EDIT for clarification.

Cloud? whats soo hard to understand? Dead server= Low pop = Blizz create new Dead Server = Higher pop? the math doesn't work. I am simply asking the question of why when you have multiple low pop servers that need players, instead of boosting their population to be medium, why create the potential for more low pop servers? It's like trying to make an Omelet with empty eggshells and then wondering why you only got hashbrowns. And Jay how do you know anything at all if you admit you don't play WoW or never have? How can you shoot down trolls when you don't know what your talking about, that's about as useful as having a retarded math teacher.

I stated this becuase it seems like an attempt to show confidence when those of us who know better realize many people who know better will be leaving soon, and with soo many low pop servers that have been low pop since BC it seems more like a PR stunt more than anything.

Probably because Blizzard anticipates new servers will be needed in addition to server transfers.  Blizzard just announced another population milestone (which have previously been included in Annual Reports - read legal documents), and this is most likely a reaction to anticipated server loads and complaints with queues.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

So by me "flaming" him once, that makes seven pages true? Ok... I guess you're right. Can't argue with that logic, it's airtight.

Guess what. He chose not to read all the pages. Its his damn right not to. He then voiced his opinion on a single quote (Obviously having read that), which is also his damn right.

Then you come along and flame him for it. Coincidence that you do this in a WoW topic? I doubt it.

Im not gonna read the pages either. I bet there's plenty of you lot in here. *waves*

This is cute.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Yeeehaaa!

*EDIT for clarification.

Probably because Blizzard anticipates new servers will be needed in addition to server transfers.  Blizzard just announced another population milestone (which have previously been included in Annual Reports - read legal documents), and this is most likely a reaction to anticipated server loads and complaints with queues.

Ah well they can keep their population milestone PR  buy my battle group is still totally low pop, and were not the only ones. I don't need your Annual BS reports or legal documents to know Coilfang has trouble trying to get a 5 man group together much less run high end content gimme a break. The only thing they are anticipating is the new commercial they are gonna need to fool people to think it's business as usual maybe next time they will use Pee Wee herman playing a Warlock, hes used to being a joke after all.

Church of WoW all Praise

Yeeehaaa!

*EDIT for clarification.

Ah well they can keep their population milestone PR  buy my battle group is still totally low pop, and were not the only ones. I don't need your Annual BS reports or legal documents to know Coilfang has trouble trying to get a 5 man group together much less run high end content gimme a break. The only thing they are anticipating is the new commercial they are gonna need to fool people to think it's business as usual maybe next time they will use Pee Wee herman playing a Warlock, hes used to being a joke after all.

Church of WoW all Praise

Lol, my fault for trying to debate with someone who's only capable of creating non-sensical statements.  Have fun in 'Conspiracy Land'. 

Ico

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

It's true, WoW players are going to be abducted by aliens and cross-bred to create a super-race of mutants to help fight an intergalactic war that has raged for aeons.  

Also Darkfall is going to rock!

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

So now you make it personal Ico, typical I guess. Never argue with a True Believer.

Originally posted by templarga

Predicting a loss of players for WOW is like predicting that the grass will turn green in the Spring or that the sun will come up tomorrow. Of course WOW will lose players. If you take a game with such a high population, it will lose players. And seriously,  a loss of 500k players is nothing for the game. Why? It is because the game also adds players regularly too. People try the game and like it. This is why you see the original WOW in PC sales charts a lot.

I actually see a massive jump in WOW's numbers as well as other MMO numbers too. With worldwide economic problems, MMO's are a cheap way to entertain yourself ($15 for a month's sub versus $10 for a single movie ticket).

What WOW has done is to make the MMO a common, everyday activity. 10 years ago MMO's had the stigma of being played by nerdy types who lived in their parent's basement. Now you have celebs, politicians and others who all play MMOs and admit to it. Due to this aspect of MMO players changing, they have become more readily accessible by everyone and more and more people are trying the genre and most often, WOW is the one they chose to play.

And just to add, annual reports and legal documents are the best source we have for subscription numbers and to not trust those documents is being a conspiracy theorist of the highest order. They are the proof.

WoW is not the sun or alligned with mother nature in any way, It will come down just like UO did or EQ as soon as you guys realize WoW was not sanctioned by GOD it won't be as hard when your game is replaced by something superior. And not trusting numbers put out by MMORPG companies is not conspiracy theory it's just good practice.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • snowyjoesnowyjoe Member Posts: 36

Even as we speak, there are less lvl 80s in WoW compared to all the 79 and below charaters.

This says that there are more casual people that like to lvl instead of doing high lvl, end game content.

Because of the large population of casual gamers in WoW now Blizzard has 3 options:

1. Focus on end game content hoping for the "hardcore" gamers to stay

2. Focus more on casual endgame content so it would be "fun" for when casual gamers hit 80

3. Add more content in the lower lvls from 1 to 60.

Either way. WoW is going to loose a lot of numbers in the past few months.

I myself is quiting WoW after 2 years because of how boring it's gotten.

Originally posted by snowyjoe

Even as we speak, there are less lvl 80s in WoW compared to all the 79 and below charaters.
    This says that there are more casual people that like to lvl instead of doing high lvl, end game content.

Because of the large population of casual gamers in WoW now Blizzard has 3 options:

2. Focus more on casual endgame content so it would be "fun" for when casual gamers hit 80

Casual players don't need more content.  The defintion of casual means they're not seeing all the content anyway, the very fact they haven't reached level 80 means they still have stuff to do.

The flaw in your argument seems to be "no new content for casual players", so they will quit.  This makes no sense, since all content to them is still new.

Casual players now have access to TBC dungeons that used to be considered hardcore, they can fight the big-bad demonic bosses ... a few months later than some of us did, but it doesn't really make a difference to a casual player.

Originally posted by Recant

Casual players don't need more content.  The defintion of casual means they're not seeing all the content anyway, the very fact they haven't reached level 80 means they still have stuff to do.

The flaw in your argument seems to be "no new content for casual players", so they will quit.  This makes no sense, since all content to them is still new.

Casual players now have access to TBC dungeons that used to be considered hardcore, they can fight the big-bad demonic bosses ... a few months later than some of us did, but it doesn't really make a difference to a casual player.

Coming from a WoW background the word Content may mean only one thing to you and that is Raiding. However since raiding was not what was mentioned maybe he meant content in general. Like player events, I know for a hands off kind of game like wow where GM created content is unheard of  that it's a stretch but many players want more than running around leveling and Raid grinding. Thats what is boring, after BC many held it together because of pvp battlegrounds, well they had to because battlegrounds killed world pvp so. I also think Snowyjoe can decide for himself what he needs as a player lol. See I doubt when he say CASUAL endgame content he means waiting in line for a Raid Que so he can hack away for 6 hours with some aggrevating people, he probably means the kind of content WoW simply does not have.

Sorry, to rephrase it.

If a casual gamer is down below, let's say lvl 40.

And more and more content in higher lvls are added.

As you lvl, you still will be getting content, but wouldn't you acturally want to see and play the brand new ones instead of the old ones that were there from 2 years ago?

It's like playing FInal Fantasy X when people around you are playing Final Fantasy XIII.

And my personal reasons for hating WoW is

1. I hate the music ( i use a addon to play MGS4 music lol)

2. Most of the time I'm in a major city and punching numbers to see which gear is best

3. Even if i do get into a instance, most people tell me I'm not good enough halfway through and replace me because i can't afford to rep grind doing dailys every single day.

4. It's very repetative >.< Grind, Do some raiding, get better gear, repeat.

5. Pvp also got boring since there are only a number of tactics in each BG you can do. Go go! Defence! Kill healer! Yay!

Originally posted by Recant

Coming from a WoW background the word Content may mean only one thing to you and that is Raiding. However since raiding was not what was mentioned maybe he meant content in general. Like player events, I know for a hands off kind of game like wow where GM created content is unheard of  that it's a stretch but many players want more than running around leveling and Raid grinding. Thats what is boring, after BC many held it together because of pvp battlegrounds, well they had to because battlegrounds killed world pvp so. I also think Snowyjoe can decide for himself what he needs as a player lol. See I doubt when he say CASUAL endgame content he means waiting in line for a Raid Que so he can hack away for 6 hours with some aggrevating people, he probably means the kind of content WoW simply does not have.

Blizzard have made end-game content more accessible to casual players, all instances can be explored and conquered by 10 men.   You could argue this is raiding, but there's plenty of 5-man instances as well. You could just ignore instances altogether and work on reputation, or battlegrounds, arenas, lake winterspring...

If all of that is consumed then you are not a casual player or this is simply not your kind of game.

Also I don't come from a "WoW" background, I was playing MMORPGs since 2000, 5 years before I even touched WoW.

Everyone's definition of casual is diffrent.

My definition of "casual" is able to play a game, when I want to, not that i have to.

I like grinding for rep, and doing dailys..... but not every single day.  

If having to play game every single day in order to acturally get somewhere....... might not be the game for me.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Didn't know his 'rights' were in question; didn't see anyone bring that up. But now that Civil Liberties class is over...

Another unsatified troll leaves after bringing no facts to bring to the Fact War. Dang.

How can you shoot down trolls when you don't know what your talking about, that's about as useful as having a retarded math teacher.

No wonder you're talking about retarded math teachers. If you think this is math:

Cloud? whats soo hard to understand? Dead server= Low pop = Blizz create new Dead Server = Higher pop? the math doesn't work.

it's obvious this subject hits a little too close to home for you.

Home schooled or self-taught?

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

Everyone's definition of casual is diffrent.
    My definition of "casual" is able to play a game, when I want to, not that i have to.
    I like grinding for rep, and doing dailys..... but not every single day.  
    If having to play game every single day in order to acturally get somewhere....... might not be the game for me.

May I remind you that you admitted somewhere above to be playing Wow for 2 years.

That takes an awful long period to understand you dind't like to play it.

Now two possibilities : OR you didn't play it for 2 years, OR you are a very slow person to understand a game.

Your choice.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

LMAO  bodypass

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

This discussion has been closed.