Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow this game is good..

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

i just played the Beta..it's really really good..some bugs in game..but still!..

Graphics are awesome! .. thats all i have to say..it;s just great..

/wave

65 Necromancer
60 SK
45 Cleric
(innoruuk server)

Comments

• HyperBalladHyperBallad Member Posts: 65

My roommate is in EQ2 Beta.

I do agree it's a very pretty game, and there are some  bugs. But over all it's a B+ as far as a new MMORPG goes. Even if it's not all that at first, EQ1 was a joke when it first came out. We should be thankful EQ2 is in relatively good shape.

But people have been taking the poor qualities about it WAY out of proportion. It's actually doing very well, people just have a tendancy to be more descrutive than anything. image

EQ: 65 Druid. 65 Rogue (Cancelled;2002)

Final Fantasy XI: 75 Monk. 75 Ninja. (Current)

EQ2: Prospective?

-----------------

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

The first impression is good.

Up to level 10 is awesome.

After that...

Well they mine as well flashed the "congratulation you have beaten the game",  because there isnt much to do after level 10.  Else doing quests,  which arent in any kind of storyline and dont yield any factional gain.  You will get zome meager coin and XP though.  

Everquest is no doubt what this game is.  Everboringquest2.

I personally agree with that...

After level 10'ish your pretty much playing your own game, not theirs.
    However, I do see lots of room for improvement. I'm very curoius to see what they will do to address this issue.

Good news for me. I"ll most likely remain playing Final Fantasy XI, since i've been playing 1.5 years and it STILL holds my interest and I always have fun. EQ2 will be a fun kick for (what seems to be) a month MAX until they do some refining. Then i'll jump back into FFXI, a mmorpg that always welcomes you back.

-----------------

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by zareon
    Graphics are awesome! .. thats all i have to say..

65 Necromancer
    60 SK
    45 Cleric
    (innoruuk server)

WOW!! This game sounds freaking amazing!!

"The Crimes of the Servers are No Servers ONline and BLIZZARD KNOWS this! We play to beta test to WOW play the game that we Tested... FOR THEM!! Why then to the Devs give us excuses for the Servers of Delays on their DElays. CRIMES! I'm a Elf and need levels because I couldn't Play THURsday. I couldn't play FIRDAY either because Ther servers DOWN and Today's Friday!" - Catavari

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Rathma if your being sarcastic you made me laugh imageimage

If not, good to hear image

-----------------

-----------------

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Yeah i was being sarcastic heh. Usually I need more than graphics to enjoy a game.

"The Crimes of the Servers are No Servers ONline and BLIZZARD KNOWS this! We play to beta test to WOW play the game that we Tested... FOR THEM!! Why then to the Devs give us excuses for the Servers of Delays on their DElays. CRIMES! I'm a Elf and need levels because I couldn't Play THURsday. I couldn't play FIRDAY either because Ther servers DOWN and Today's Friday!" - Catavari

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • AeryithAeryith Member Posts: 162
    yes rathma has stated many times they won't play everquest 2, but we keep finding him here on the eq2 boards for some reason...

EQ2 Mantra: Get more RAM. Get more RAM.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

That's because all the conversation is here or the WoW forum

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436

Those that keep coming here to bash EQ2, are really closet fanbois, why else would they be so obsessed about a game they have no intention of playing?image

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    Because im a wizard

• NamjaNamja Member Posts: 117
    You should definately change the thread title!!! QUICK QUICK!!! I mean ASAP!!!!! Next thing you know all the WoW fanbois will be in here thinking were talking about "WoW" when were actually talking about "wow EQ2 is good" image Well now that I think about it they would come in this thread anyways just to bash. Nevermind keep the title the same...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    I don't know...I have a lvl 20 character and it's still fun for me. Who knows

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DreikDreik Member UncommonPosts: 5

I just got into the Beta!! A little late but I still get to play early and I have a 5 day weekend. 

WHOOOHOOO!!!!

• KnoxayKnoxay Member Posts: 98

"Well they mine as well flashed the "congratulation you have beaten the game",  because there isnt much to do after level 10.  Else doing quests,  which arent in any kind of storyline and dont yield any factional gain.  You will get zome meager coin and XP though.   "

What would you (or what does any other game) do differently?  Up until lvl 10 there's one linear story line for your character, that's not what I play MMORPG's for.  Levels 1-10 are pretty much just a tutorial.  If your idea of a storyline is confined to "do this now, then do this, then do this" you might be better off playing console games.  I like the quests in the game, the voice overs help them be less boring than other games, and you get more than coin and xp for them.  I'm decently equipped with items I got from questing.  Yes the quests can get repetitive, please go make an MMO with as many quests as EQ2 has and make each one individual and interesting, I'll pay 30 dollars a month for such a game.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    But it takes more than graphics to make a game!--usually said by people who play a game with crappy graphics image Let's face it, if you want great gameplay you can go play parchesi with your uncle Ted. I want the best graphics possible, and EQ2 looks as though it delivers. EQ was the most successful longest running mmo ever, so im sure theres a game in there tooimage Oh let me add that WoW graphics are sucky in comparison =)