Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instanced zones?

ShatterShatter Member Posts: 172

I was wondering something that i haven't heard about yet.

How do instanced zones work? what i mean to say do you enter a instanced zone dureing a quest or are some dungeons instanced now. Or worse are all dungeons instanced?

I know the hassles of waiting for a camp after many hours of hanging out near the zone waiting for something to open up. But that is where i have meet alot of my long time eq friends. I guess if all dungeons would be instanced you would just hang outside the dungeon and start a group but i can think of alot of problems with that happening, trains, shouting for groups disrupting the rest of the zone.

Someone please explain this one to me.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Dungeons are both intanced and static in EQ2.

if a Dungeon is tailor-specific Quest entry only then it can be Instanced. Other Dungeons are open to the public.

For example: A Quest dungeon in the beginning of the game is instanced as you and your party can go into their own dungeon. The Hallmark trial quest (to go from Scout to Predator, Fighter to Crusader, etc) is instanced.

While the public dungeons are the Dark Elves keep, the old Dwarves keep (Stormhold), Wailing Caves, BB, etc. and isn't quest specific (although the dungeon itself isn't a Quest per se, they do have quest specific items, mobs, tasks, etc.)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ShatterShatter Member Posts: 172

Ahh ok that is what i was hopeing for.

Few more questions please.

1. Do mobs respawn in instanced quest zones or do you fight your way to the back and kill the named mob and thats the end of it?

2.I don't know if you have played coH but the instanced zone missions (quests) would vary in size due to the size of your group. For example the groups of mob's you would enconter in a full group would be about 12 per group but if you had a much smaller group the groups of mob's would be smaller also. I have a feeling your going to say that the groups of mob's are goin to always be the same no matter how many are in your group and that will put a damper on doing some solo quests when you don't have much time to play dureing the day.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Shatter

Ahh ok that is what i was hopeing for.

Few more questions please.

1. Do mobs respawn in instanced quest zones or do you fight your way to the back and kill the named mob and thats the end of it?

Typically when you kill a mob in an instanced area you have to leave before they are refreshed. For the most part, the instanced dungeons is like a golf course. You've got the green to get to and anything you take care of along the way will remain gone.

If you screw something up, then you leave the area. Usually their is a 10 minute penalty before going back in.

2.I don't know if you have played coH but the instanced zone missions (quests) would vary in size due to the size of your group. For example the groups of mob's you would enconter in a full group would be about 12 per group but if you had a much smaller group the groups of mob's would be smaller also. I have a feeling your going to say that the groups of mob's are goin to always be the same no matter how many are in your group and that will put a damper on doing some solo quests when you don't have much time to play dureing the day.

Yup, I remember playing CoH. However the mobs stay the same in instanced dungeons (as far as I have seen...it may be different higher up I dont know). The reason many of the instanced dungeon mobs stay the same is because of two things:

1. Only you can enter it with no group (Hallmark Quests {Fighter to crusador, Scout to Predator, etc})

2. Many instanced dungeon heavily encourages a group so the area will be more the likley designed for a party anyways

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.