Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOME1 PLZZZ HELP ME!!

hi guys i just got a new pc that has an ATI Radeon 9800, so i installed a game(thinking drivers where installed) so i was playing the game and suddenly the screen goes black and it says "NO SIGNAL" so i switch the screen off and then on and it said something about the hardware not listening to the drivers!? image  so i got a cd with all the pc's drivers and went 2 the folder with radeon 9xxx series which had two other folders, i installed the 1st and the problem continued, so i tried to install the other one too but it came up with 2 pop-ups one after the other, the 1st oe said that "INF ERROR, setup could not finish instalation coz no video drivers where found" so i click ok and it says "Try setup ur display adaptor with a standar VGA driver b4 running setup" wot should i do? some1 plzzzz plzzz help me im despret to use the pc coz i havent played a game 4 two months... PLZ SOME1 SAVE ME!! P.S. i does that with all the games, but the screen just stays black now i have 2 restart to get back 2 windows

Comments

• Skratch1320Skratch1320 Member Posts: 162

Uninstall the current drivers
    Set the video card to Standard Video Display driver
    Goto ATI.com and download the latest driver package
    Install it
    Install the latest Direct X if you haven't already

"Rehab is for quitters."

"Rehab is for quitters."

• N4rToN4rTo Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Skratch1320

how do i do that?image

ty man image

• Skratch1320Skratch1320 Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by N4rTo

Originally posted by Skratch1320

how do i do that?image

ty man image

Try downloading and installing the new Catalyst drivers first.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-ccc-8-062-040929a-018115c.exe

If that doesn't do the trick, try uninstalling the ATI software from Add/Remove Software and the Video Card itself from Device Manager in System Properties

"Rehab is for quitters."

"Rehab is for quitters."