Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How close to Fallout1,2,3?

popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Anyone know if this game will have any gameplay similarities or other to the Fallout series? (other than environment look). I had really enjoyed the Fallout series humor and storyline.  Will this be a 'serious' MMO will little humor thrown in given a nuclear backdrop to keep it grim?

I know Bethesda doesnt have anything to do with this MMO, just wondering if they will be able to glean much off of it though...

I just hope they are able to have some fun with it along the way.

Comments

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

No.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Good to see that informative, helpful Warhammer community at work.

Thank you.  :)

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I don't really know anything about this game, but I do know a bit about the Fallout series.

First of all Fallout 1 and 2, humour/style wise will probably not be seen again, if I'm not mistaken the company that created the first 2 games has gone out of business. Fallout 3 really does not share the 'monty-python' type of humour that the originals did. Bethesda even stated that they wanted to steer away from that.

With that being said, I believe the only thing that this game and Fallout will share is that both are set in a post-apocalyptic setting.

O_o o_O

• CelticarrowCelticarrow Member Posts: 5

Other than the whole "Post-Apocalyptic" feel I dont see many similarities to Fallout. Also the original company who developed Fallout is Interplay and they are back in business. They also have the rights to make an MMORPG which is in development. As far as I know its consiting of some of the original minds behind the series. So I'm holding out for more information on a Fallout MMO than anything else.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

Considering the Landshark was pulled because it was a little too ridiculous, I think there will be more than a fair amount of humor in the game.

Not sure what all of these "experts" are talking about what they see in-game, unless they are in alpha; and in which case they are breaking the NDA.  Hm.

Basically the real answer is the one that can be put to every post, check the Question of the Week, there is a lot there that tells you about the game, and it also gives you a sense of where they are going with the game.  Many of them are on this message board, the rest are on their site.

As for Interplay and their rights to Fallout - those rights were sold so they could stay in business.  They have the oportunity to develop the Fallout MMO, but the stipulations written out by Bethesda will likely keep them from doing so.  Check out the story. - pulled from "Wasteland" thread.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Combat seems to be a honestly good attempt at FPS Style. A bit like Fallout 3 but actually a lot more accurate then Bethesda managed. Mind you Im very fond of Fallout 3 and how it works.

Crafting seems to be very much like Fallout 3 with you using scavenged materials and being able to make a very wide variety of items. Mind you to some extent the world is in a bit better shape then fallout 1,2,3 because basic vehicles and advanced tech have survived to some extent.

Humorwise... They have a fricking psycho kangaroo that rules the roost.. nuff said I have a feeling from what I've seen they went WAYYYYY out of there way to make it funny. I mean sheesh some of the developers are absolute loons and I've seen the missions and just had to laugh my arse off. 

What I'm really curious about is if they have the decapitations like Fallout 3 hehe. I LOVE blowing people to bits! I MEAN LOOOOOOVEEEE!!!!! OH OH! I WANT A CHAINSAW!!!! Hehehehe

• JTJT Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by popinjay

Good to see that informative, helpful Warhammer community at work.
    Thank you.  :)

No reason to make the Warhammer remark.  I'm in alpha and covered by NDA, so I can't say much.  I'm also playing FO3 atm.  Gave you the best answer I could.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Techleo

Combat seems to be a honestly good attempt at FPS Style. A bit like Fallout 3 but actually a lot more accurate then Bethesda managed. Mind you Im very fond of Fallout 3 and how it works.
     Crafting seems to be very much like Fallout 3 with you using scavenged materials and being able to make a very wide variety of items. Mind you to some extent the world is in a bit better shape then fallout 1,2,3 because basic vehicles and advanced tech have survived to some extent.
     Humorwise... They have a fricking psycho kangaroo that rules the roost.. nuff said I have a feeling from what I've seen they went WAYYYYY out of there way to make it funny. I mean sheesh some of the developers are absolute loons and I've seen the missions and just had to laugh my arse off. 
     What I'm really curious about is if they have the decapitations like Fallout 3 hehe. I LOVE blowing people to bits! I MEAN LOOOOOOVEEEE!!!!! OH OH! I WANT A CHAINSAW!!!! Hehehehe

Hehehe I assume you've gotten the Bloody Mess perk , shoot someone in the head and watch all their limbs fly off lol.

O_o o_O

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Ty all for the responses. here's to hoping and waiting. :)

Funny about the Bloody Mess perk though.. I passed on it to do other things and honestly, the 'Bloody Mess' shots go off so often, that I don't think I'll use that perk when I make another character on reroll. It really activates quite a bit (helped along with a combat shotgun)  hehe

So far, I like that shiskabob weapon you make. Getting the recipe was a surprise cause I thought it was a meal. I was looking in the Items bank for it lol.

• zombie_nixonzombie_nixon Member Posts: 13

it has radiation beltways and some humor.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Yup and the Muties are missing sooo many arms! Seriously! I LOVE THE RIPPER!! Oh and no I dont have bloody mess. Im just good Or bad depending how you look at it

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

So far, I like that shiskabob weapon you make. Getting the recipe was a surprise cause I thought it was a meal. I was looking in the Items bank for it lol.

LOL! I have just got that and thought it was just some recipe too at first.

In fact, I'm going to make one right now! ^^

-iCeh

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

NVM

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• cjdjcjdj Member Posts: 18

Well if you like the lore behind the fallout series then im sure youll be interested in this game becouse of its post-apocolyptic setting.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Anyone know if this game will have any gameplay similarities or other to the Fallout series? (other than environment look). I had really enjoyed the Fallout series humor and storyline.  Will this be a 'serious' MMO will little humor thrown in given a nuclear backdrop to keep it grim?
    I know Bethesda doesnt have anything to do with this MMO, just wondering if they will be able to glean much off of it though...
    I just hope they are able to have some fun with it along the way.

Agreed! I'm having a blast with Fallout if this mmo had much in common i'd deffinently check it out

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by Hazmal

Considering the Landshark was pulled because it was a little too ridiculous, I think there will be more than a fair amount of humor in the game.
    Not sure what all of these "experts" are talking about what they see in-game, unless they are in alpha; and in which case they are breaking the NDA.  Hm.
    Basically the real answer is the one that can be put to every post, check the Question of the Week, there is a lot there that tells you about the game, and it also gives you a sense of where they are going with the game.  Many of them are on this message board, the rest are on their site.

As for Interplay and their rights to Fallout - those rights were sold so they could stay in business.  They have the oportunity to develop the Fallout MMO, but the stipulations written out by Bethesda will likely keep them from doing so.  Check out the story. - pulled from "Wasteland" thread.

Its still doubfull they manage that they need to rais alot of money for it and they have to finihed it before a some date if not bethesda get all the rights to make a mmo of fallout universe.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Hazmal

Its still doubfull they manage that they need to rais alot of money for it and they have to finihed it before a some date if not bethesda get all the rights to make a mmo of fallout universe.

Is that not what I said?

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• mr138mr138 Member Posts: 65

EDIT: Post eaten.