Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall, and my take..

HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I personelly love the concept of the game, I hate alot of the artist work on some of the races, like the orcs, Dwarves, Elves, and the others... but otherwise the graphics arent bad.     I understand the need to dumb down some of the graphics in favor of performance.    This is WHY games like WWIIOL and Roma Victor do it.   Cant have a HUGE graphic based game on current bandwidth and computer processing power.  

I will probly give this game a chance.  Seeing as I like Roma Victor, not for its graphics but because of the scale of the game.    I also like the fact that DF is taking a note from games like RV, and WWIIOL, with the huge persistant world.     Where you can be killed by anyone anyplace, anytime.     At first its going to be a giant frag fest.   After a few months and the kids get board and their free trials run out, some players will orginize and form factions, guilds, and clans.    Then the game will REALLY take shape.    But that will take alot of work and time.   Which will most likely drive off alot of players.        I also see "gold farmers" becoming a fact of life in that game.     Worse than WoW, or UO.      Seeing as this game will basicly be a big new Ultima Online, with a twitch style combat.     

I for one am looking foward to the game.   I will see about trying to get it and trying it out.   But until then I wont say it will be a WoW beater or a WAR beater... cause those are a total different type of play style.  

Now all we need is a modern or futuristic game like this.

So much crap, so little quality.

Comments

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I don't know if I see gold sellers being that big of a problem.  If you can kill anyone at any time..what's stopping you from simply slaughtering the bot armies and taking their gold?  Or tracking down and killing anyone spamming advertisements?  Or setting them up, and killing them when they show up, then dispute the charge with your credit card company and get your money back?

That would be pretty friggin hilarious if you ask me.  I hope you can do things like that.  I don't even know if I'll even try the game, but that would be awesome.

• UnforgetableUnforgetable Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Hodo

I personelly love the concept of the game, I hate alot of the artist work on some of the races, like the orcs, Dwarves, Elves, and the others... but otherwise the graphics arent bad.     I understand the need to dumb down some of the graphics in favor of performance.    This is WHY games like WWIIOL and Roma Victor do it.   Cant have a HUGE graphic based game on current bandwidth and computer processing power.  
    I will probly give this game a chance.  Seeing as I like Roma Victor, not for its graphics but because of the scale of the game.    I also like the fact that DF is taking a note from games like RV, and WWIIOL, with the huge persistant world.     Where you can be killed by anyone anyplace, anytime.     At first its going to be a giant frag fest.   After a few months and the kids get board and their free trials run out, some players will orginize and form factions, guilds, and clans.    Then the game will REALLY take shape.    But that will take alot of work and time.   Which will most likely drive off alot of players.        I also see "gold farmers" becoming a fact of life in that game.     Worse than WoW, or UO.      Seeing as this game will basicly be a big new Ultima Online, with a twitch style combat.     

I for one am looking foward to the game.   I will see about trying to get it and trying it out.   But until then I wont say it will be a WoW beater or a WAR beater... cause those are a total different type of play style.  
    Now all we need is a modern or futuristic game like this.

at least with the gold farmers you'll beable to farmer them with your guild or what not for gear hehe. cause i doubt the starter areas or starter gear you dont lose will be enough to farm with.

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

it's hard to see gold-sellers being a problem in Darkfall because of full loot -- noone will want to be carrying large amounts of gold around. the gold sellers could form a huge alliance i suppose and fight back but then the entire server would be against them, not to mention the Darkfall market probably isn't large enough for them to put their WOW businesses on hold.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by javac

it's hard to see gold-sellers being a problem in Darkfall because of full loot -- noone will want to be carrying large amounts of gold around. the gold sellers could form a huge alliance i suppose and fight back but then the entire server would be against them, not to mention the Darkfall market probably isn't large enough for them to put their WOW businesses on hold.

yes, and also thank god, there's not global chat... Gold Farmers stay out!