Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought family meant something

13»

Comments

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379
    Originally posted by JayBirdz

Originally posted by Wickersham

If I am wrong please point it out.
      If you were not  so caught up in trying to make a ridiculous point, you would already have seen them being pointed out by just about everyone who has replied to your posts.    

By parent obviously I meant the person who is the legal guardian that raises and nutures a child.  A birth parent giving the child away would be considered taking care of it.  I think I did a good job of illustrating that point within the content of that paragraph. 
    "We're not debating what's morally right. We are talking reality."  Explain this to me I don't understand the concept.
    No you didn't imply that. 
     "What others have tried to show you is that her parents could have done whatever the hell they want as well. Get it , Got it , good." I don't get it - A parent MUST take care of the children that they birth until that child becomes an adult." 
    Where does that statement imply that is what you mean?  Maybe that is what you meant to type. 
    When a person indicates that family matters and then shuns a member of thier family the word hypocrite is apt to me.
    Someone could just as easily say, "When a person indicates that family matters then fails to help a family member in need the word hypocrite is apt to me."
     Someone could also say, "I think we are looking at the biggest one on the block for arguing a point he/she possibly doesn't agree with."

"I'm not telling you your opinion is wrong."  Is this your way of telling me my opinion is right?
    It means that is your opinion and who can tell you that your opinion is wrong.  It's yours after all.    You seem or pretend to not understand this, tossing out insults and proclaiming how much of a better individual you are because you agrea with your own values.   You fail to understand that your definition of values is probably not the same as other individuals.
    That's also pretty much what got my atention.  I then started thinking about the crap your spewing and either you have had a very fucked up life, Or you are in this thread not actually giving an opinion of what you would do.  Rather arguing for the sake of arguing. 

" Your dime store attempt at psychology failed. Try again. This time try working from a premise of compassion and concern for others. Not who owes who something."

So if a family member is in need as the ops would you offer to help them or not? 

I think Gnome hit the nail on the head and summed up all your posts so far,

You point out my error.  Majority rule does not mean the majority is right.  If everyone in a room said

1 + 1 = 1 does that make them right?

A parent "MUST" take care of the child that they birth until that child becomes an adult.  If the parent cannot take care of the child then giving that child up to a surrogate parent is considered taking care of the child - is this not so?

"It means that is your opinion and who can tell you that your opinion is wrong. It's yours after all."  I understand this all too well since it is the point I've been driving at with my all my posts on this thread.  Substitute "opinion" for "wealth" or "property" and what do you notice?  Shall I ask you to get off your soap box now?  You've been a very apt pupil of mine haven't you?

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

If you were not  so caught up in trying to make a ridiculous point, you would already have seen them being pointed out by just about everyone who has replied to your posts.    

By parent obviously I meant the person who is the legal guardian that raises and nutures a child.  A birth parent giving the child away would be considered taking care of it.  I think I did a good job of illustrating that point within the content of that paragraph. 
    "We're not debating what's morally right. We are talking reality."  Explain this to me I don't understand the concept.
     "What others have tried to show you is that her parents could have done whatever the hell they want as well. Get it , Got it , good." I don't get it - A parent MUST take care of the children that they birth until that child becomes an adult." 
    Where does that statement imply that is what you mean?  Maybe that is what you meant to type. 
    When a person indicates that family matters and then shuns a member of thier family the word hypocrite is apt to me.
    Someone could just as easily say, "When a person indicates that family matters then fails to help a family member in need the word hypocrite is apt to me."
     Someone could also say, "I think we are looking at the biggest one on the block for arguing a point he/she possibly doesn't agree with."

"I'm not telling you your opinion is wrong."  Is this your way of telling me my opinion is right?
    It means that is your opinion and who can tell you that your opinion is wrong.  It's yours after all.    You seem or pretend to not understand this, tossing out insults and proclaiming how much of a better individual you are because you agrea with your own values.   You fail to understand that your definition of values is probably not the same as other individuals.
    That's also pretty much what got my atention.  I then started thinking about the crap your spewing and either you have had a very fucked up life, Or you are in this thread not actually giving an opinion of what you would do.  Rather arguing for the sake of arguing. 

" Your dime store attempt at psychology failed. Try again. This time try working from a premise of compassion and concern for others. Not who owes who something."

So if a family member is in need as the ops would you offer to help them or not? 

You point out my error.  Majority rule does not mean the majority is right.  If everyone in a room said

A parent "MUST" take care of the child that they birth until that child becomes an adult.  If the parent cannot take care of the child then giving that child up to a surrogate parent is considered taking care of the child - is this not so?

"It means that is your opinion and who can tell you that your opinion is wrong. It's yours after all."  I understand this all too well since it is the point I've been driving at with my all my posts on this thread.  Substitute "opinion" for "wealth" or "property" and what do you notice?  Shall I ask you to get off your soap box now?  You've been a very apt pupil of mine haven't you?

LoL.  Think we established that is what you meant.  It is clearly not what you said.   

Since insults seem to be your cup of tea.

*Kicks translator*

Try puttings more thought intose onez post before putting themz up. Youze brain seems to works like a bag a hammerz. Makes alots of noises, never making anyting usefull happen.

Hmmm, Maybez youze could trys callings  peoples hypocrities word a few more times. Oooohhh, I know teach youz kiddies aboutz fredems. Don't forgets your preaches tooze the worlds hows you loves is freeze, maybes someones loves you back eventually.  SPCA has lots of  freeze friends. Them has sharp teephs on'em.  carefull.

*Hands whickersham his own translator*  

Your posts are a great example of why being literate doesn't necessarily make someone intelligent. 

Let's not even talk about your  flawless logic.  If I can turn it around on you so easily, your logic bloody sucked.  You should be ashamed.  That's right, I just said that.   Did you pay for that education.  Fuck, I hope not.  Don't even tell me you are in college.  You are getting ripped off no matter what the deal is..  

When you changed the meaning of this sentence. " A parent MUST take care of the children that they birth until that child becomes an adult.".  I was honestly amazed that you were that sloppy with your wording.  Shit happens right, right.  Later on I even ackonledged that it may not have been what you meant. There is however no mistaking what that sentence says.    

Your insults need much improvement.   However if you ever feel the need to insult someone make sure those same insults couldn't be applied to ones self.  This can never be understated.   

If all else fails and you can't keep track of your own comments when they are written only a few posts up, just remember ignorance is truly bliss.  Figure it out.  I warn you once you do the bliss is over.

I actually thought you were just being an ass.  I don't know anymore tbh.    

1+1= 11  learn to math.

WARNING  If you bang them hammers hard enough and get a spark, something might catch fire. Cease all brain activity Immediately for the sake of others.   Burning flesh stinks. 

At this point it is more entertaining to read the Darkfall forums than trying to show you how your mighty logic is flawed.     

To the OP: Do what you want to do.   It's your life and only you can deciede what the best coarse of action is for you.   If some twit pops in spouting how morally incorrect you are about your life, and rather than trying to be helpfull and give an honest opinion or advice, they try to play bullshit mind games, fuck'em.  Those are the ones who have generally neglected their own lives from my experiances.  Dam near every single time so far.     

LoL.  Think we established that is what you meant.  It is clearly not what you said.   

Since insults seem to be your cup of tea.

*Kicks translator*

Try puttings more thought intose onez post before putting themz up. Youze brain seems to works like a bag a hammerz. Makes alots of noises, never making anyting usefull happen.

Hmmm, Maybez youze could trys callings  peoples hypocrities word a few more times. Oooohhh, I know teach youz kiddies aboutz fredems. Don't forgets your preaches tooze the worlds hows you loves is freeze, maybes someones loves you back eventually.  SPCA has lots of  freeze friends. Them has sharp teephs on'em.  carefull.

*Hands whickersham his own translator*  

Your posts are a great example of why being literate doesn't necessarily make someone intelligent. 

Let's not even talk about your  flawless logic.  If I can turn it around on you so easily, your logic bloody sucked.  You should be ashamed.  That's right, I just said that.   Did you pay for that education.  Fuck, I hope not.  Don't even tell me you are in college.  You are getting ripped off no matter what the deal is..  

When you changed the meaning of this sentence. " A parent MUST take care of the children that they birth until that child becomes an adult.".  I was honestly amazed that you were that sloppy with your wording.  Shit happens right, right.  Later on I even ackonledged that it may not have been what you meant. There is however no mistaking what that sentence says.    

Your insults need much improvement.   However if you ever feel the need to insult someone make sure those same insults couldn't be applied to ones self.  This can never be understated.   

If all else fails and you can't keep track of your own comments when they are written only a few posts up, just remember ignorance is truly bliss.  Figure it out.  I warn you once you do the bliss is over.

I actually thought you were just being an ass.  I don't know anymore tbh.    

1+1= 11  learn to math.

WARNING  If you bang them hammers hard enough and get a spark, something might catch fire. Cease all brain activity Immediately for the sake of others.   Burning flesh stinks. 

At this point it is more entertaining to read the Darkfall forums than trying to show you how your mighty logic is flawed.     

To the OP: Do what you want to do.   It's your life and only you can deciede what the best coarse of action is for you.   If some twit pops in spouting how morally incorrect you are about your life, and rather than trying to be helpfull and give an honest opinion or advice, they try to play bullshit mind games, fuck'em.  Those are the ones who have generally neglected their own lives from my experiances.  Dam near every single time so far.     

Huh? 

To sum up:

- The OPs sister owns her wealth and a person who owns property has a right to decide how that property is used.

- The OPs sister is not a slave - she is free to decide whatever she wants for herself.

- The OP believes that family should matter but is willing to shut a family member out of his life over money issues.

The OP came here with a question and will have his own answer when he decides how he will treat his sister.

I dunno what I did to you personally fella but you seem to be very hostile towards me and I don't think I've done anything to warrant it.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Huh? Exactly!

To sum up:

- The OPs sister owns her wealth and a person who owns property has a right to decide how that property is used.

- The OPs sister is not a slave - she is free to decide whatever she wants for herself.

- The OP believes that family should matter but is willing to shut a family member out of his life over money issues.

Strike 3 your out.  I refuse to explain it anymore.  I rather talk to a wall. 

The OP came here with a question and will have his own answer when he decides how he will treat his sister.

I dunno what I did to you personally fella but you seem to be very hostile towards me and I don't think I've done anything to warrant it.

I am Blunt. There is no emotion.   

My initial post was a shot in the dark.  Though you started spewing your rhetoric and I just couldn't leave it at that.  You were tossing words like hypocrite (while more than likely being one yourself) around, referencing how much better your morals are than others. 

You were either trying to be slick and play the part of the ass (which you sucked at, I couldn't figure out why you kept playing the part) or if you actually didn't see anything odd with what you were saying.  It has all become pretty clear at this point.  I regret ever proding you (That can mean whatever you want).    

Huh? Exactly!
    To sum up:
    Strike 3 your out.  I refuse to explain it anymore.  I rather talk to a wall. 
    I am Blunt. There is no emotion.   

My initial post was a shot in the dark.  Though you started spewing your rhetoric and I just couldn't leave it at that.  You were tossing words like hypocrite (while more than likely being one yourself) around, referencing how much better your morals are than others. 

You were either trying to be slick and play the part of the ass (which you sucked at, I couldn't figure out why you kept playing the part) or if you actually didn't see anything odd with what you were saying.  It has all become pretty clear at this point.  I regret ever proding you (That can mean whatever you want).

"You were tossing words like hypocrite (<snip>) around..."  i suggested that if the OP thinks family matters then to act against a family member over this issue would make her a hypocrite.  Hypocrite is actually a word that has a meaning to it - I've highlighted it for you in red.

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite

Pronunciation: ?hi-p?-?krit

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokrit?s actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai

Date: 13th century

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

— hypocrite adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

"...referencing how much better your morals are than others."  Please quote all the times I did this below.

All you've done in this thread is state that I am wrong in thinking or called me names or suggest things about me that I've let pass up until now - you have done nothing but point to other people and say that they think I am wrong too when I ask for evidence of my error in thinking.

Point out the error:

- The OPs sister owns her wealth and a person who owns property has a right to decide how that property is used.

- The OPs sister is not a slave - she is free to decide whatever she wants for herself.

- The OP believes that family should matter but is willing to shut a family member out of her life over money issues.

The OP came here with a question and will have her own answer when she decides how she will treat her sister.  (thank you for pointing out the OP is female)

Upon reflection, I think I know what the problem is - I didn't give the OP a straight answer to her question and that upset you.  I didn't think that her question was a valid one (to ask or for me to answer) so I tried to give her ideas that I believed would help her make her own decision - you had a serious hissy fit over it, why is that?

Also and again - please explain this:  "We're not debating what's morally right. We are talking reality."

Would you or would you not help a family member in need? 

If yes you would help your family member you are a hypocrite for arguing an opinion you do not agree with.

If you say no you are a hypocrite for arguing that you have family values when your trait is greed.  While the phrase "family values" is open to some interrpetation it generaly means exactly what it says.  Puting ones wealth before family is greed. 

Is it ok with you to call someone a hypocrite while being one?  

I find your lack of empathy odd so I kept posting.  That's the kindest way I know to explain it.  

If I hurt your feelings.   Sorry.   Call me an ass whatever floats your boat.  My skins thick and I have been called it all. 

To the OP / MMORPG.com staff / off topic browsers my apologies for letting the stupidity carry on as long as it did.  My posting in this thread is over. 

Would you or would you not help a family member in need? 
    If yes you would help your family member you are a hypocrite for arguing an opinion you do not agree with.
    If you say no you are a hypocrite for arguing that you have family values when your trait is greed.  While the phrase "family values" is open to some interrpetation it generaly means exactly what it says.  Puting ones wealth before family is greed. 
    Is it ok with you to call someone a hypocrite while being one?  
     I find your lack of empathy odd so I kept posting.  That's the kindest way I know to explain it.  
    If I hurt your feelings.   Sorry.   Call me an ass whatever floats your boat.  My skins thick and I have been called it all. 
    To the OP / MMORPG.com staff / off topic browsers my apologies for letting the stupidity carry on as long as it did.  My posting in this thread is over. 

This thread is not about me and never was.  I am Wickersham - I recognize that other people are not Wickersham and I respect their beliefs but I expect them to live up to those beliefs.  If a person believes that family matters then that person should not reject their family members because, to them, family matters.

It's like we're playing a wierd game except I don't know the rules and no matter what I do - i'm still "it".  You asked questions and I answered them.  I asked you to point out my errors, and you didn't, but you still maintained that I'm wrong.

Whatever you've tried to accomplish here, aside from baffling me, you've failed.

Yes, you have managed to baffle me and i would like someone (anyone aside from you obviously) reading this to explain you to me because I don't understand you at all...