Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here that actually hopes WoW doesn't die?

13»

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I hope it doesn't die. The players that migrate from WoW to the new MMOs totally ruin the new ones. WoW players try to play every MMO like it's WoW, and when its different they cry and whine until the devs change it to WoW.

Case in point:  AoC has some of the freshest most unique combat in any MMO. There was huge potential for it to be THE pvp mmo. But what happened? Nobody participated in PvP outside of low-level ganking because there were no item rewards for it. Instanced PvP was completely non existant.

Case in point: WAR offers 5 scenarios (BGs) in tier 3. Guess how many get played. One. Just like WoW. Players didn't even set foot in the RvR lakes because there was no item rewards.  Now that they give players a RvR grind for item rewards, all the retards and their mothers are in the RvR lakes, completely abandoning the scenarios.

Players from WoW are only interested in the easiest fastest way to level up their stats. That's all they care about. I want them to stay in WoW, so therefore I hope it never dies.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I love the game and wish it to go on for a long time to come.

Weather people wanna admit it or not - over all World of Warcraft is a great game.

It may not be the best around - but what game is. Besides, that's the joy of there being so many different games and game designers out there. Everyone has different ideas and plans for games.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by Pheace

Try Fallout 3, you'll not regret it :)

But, but...how am I supposed to get my epix and uber gear so everyone thinks I'm "skilled"?!  Does Fallout 3 have BGs and arena I can AFK in?

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

WoW CANT BE KILLED!!!! OMG!!! is that really hard to understand!????

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Palebane

I hope it doesn't die. The players that migrate from WoW to the new MMOs totally ruin the new ones. WoW players try to play every MMO like it's WoW, and when its different they cry and whine until the devs change it to WoW.
    Case in point:  AoC has some of the freshest most unique combat in any MMO. There was huge potential for it to be THE pvp mmo. But what happened? Nobody participated in PvP outside of low-level ganking because there were no item rewards for it. Instanced PvP was completely non existant.
    Case in point: WAR offers 5 scenarios (BGs) in tier 3. Guess how many get played. One. Just like WoW. Players didn't even set foot in the RvR lakes because there was no item rewards.  Now that they give players a RvR grind for item rewards, all the retards and their mothers are in the RvR lakes, completely abandoning the scenarios.
    Players from WoW are only interested in the easiest fastest way to level up their stats. That's all they care about. I want them to stay in WoW, so therefore I hope it never dies.

Not everyone is like that - so please take your steroe-typing elsewhere...

I don't care bout only leveling as quick as I can and only getting items. Yes; it's nice to get something for your time - but I actualy spend about 60-70% of my WoW time helping others.

And when it Comes to PvP-related things -- I usualy don't do any PvP stuff; weather there are items/rewards or not. I don't like PvP and I'm nto any good at it.

Granted there are several people that have the whole "me, me, me" mentality - I have faced several of those; even in the guild I'm a part of - but by no means is everyone like that. And I hate when peopel generalize EVERY WoW player like that. Juts dumb.

But, every game has those type of people anyways in it. No matter whom it caters to - or gaming style.

• SinaaSinaa Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by jdm12983

I don't care bout only leveling as quick as I can and only getting items. Yes; it's nice to get something for your time - but I actualy spend about 60-70% of my WoW time helping others.

And when it Comes to PvP-related things -- I usualy don't do any PvP stuff; weather there are items/rewards or not. I don't like PvP and I'm nto any good at it.

Granted there are several people that have the whole "me, me, me" mentality - I have faced several of those; even in the guild I'm a part of - but by no means is everyone like that. And I hate when peopel generalize EVERY WoW player like that. Juts dumb.

But, every game has those type of people anyways in it. No matter whom it caters to - or gaming style.

100 % sign....

i met people of the 'all-mine!!"-race in every game..i also met  the "OMG-I M SO GOOOD"dmg-meter posters, "got my quest-item, bye"-wavers and so on

wow doesnt have the privilege to own this type of players alone...and as said not all players are like that...

back to topic:

this must be the 65857456487-thread assuming wow will die, must die, is about to die....

for what? i dont see any sense in speculating about that....why should it? and even if ..there will be another game, which of course- if very successful- is again about to die, will die, must die...

waaaah....much adoo about nothing....

Originally posted by jdm12983

Don't lie. You are one of them.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by Sinaa

wow doesnt have the privilege to own this type of players alone...and as said not all players are like that...

Perhaps not, but that's where they get it. Regardless of whether or not you are a selfish player, something about WoW requires players who try other games to try and play them like WoW and get upset when it's different.

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

I hope that it does die with antiquated idea of leveling in lieu of a skill system and sandbox environment that can be an evolving world. So, I cast my vote in the hat of hoping that it dies. Or at least gives birth in it's next incarnation as what I just said.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Manmadegod

I hope that it does die with antiquated idea of leveling in lieu of a skill system and sandbox environment that can be an evolving world. So, I cast my vote in the hat of hoping that it dies. Or at least gives birth in it's next incarnation as what I just said.

If Blizzard shut down the servers at midnight tonight, would sandbox games somehow spring to life tomorrow?  Doubtful, but I bet you would see an increase of WoW clones slapped together in an attempt to gobble up that market that is suddenly empty. 

No one is making sandbox games right now, because sandbox games have historically shown to be difficult and not be very productive.   Especially when they are compared to linear level based games.  

I love sandbox games and wish someone would make a great one again, but I realize the lack of sandbox games in development are a result of companies delivering duds.  It is going to take a small miracle to revive sandbox over linear anytime soon. 

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Sinaa

Perhaps not, but that's where they get it. Regardless of whether or not you are a selfish player, something about WoW requires players who try other games to try and play them like WoW and get upset when it's different.

More likely people get upset when shiny new game X plays to much like WoW.  Minus the polish that is.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Daffid011

If Blizzard shut down the servers at midnight tonight, would sandbox games somehow spring to life tomorrow?  Doubtful, but I bet you would see an increase of WoW clones slapped together in an attempt to gobble up that market that is suddenly empty. 

too true   $$$

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    Originally posted by Mwaji

Oh and as for Blizzards new mmo If Chilton is involved expect people not to even touch it, that mans name is synonymous with the plague. 

How many of the current 11.5 million people playing WoW know who Tom Chilton is? Or even care what he did before joining the WoW team?

My guess would be ......very few.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Mwaji

Oh and as for Blizzards new mmo If Chilton is involved expect people not to even touch it, that mans name is synonymous with the plague. 

How many of the current 11.5 million people playing WoW know who Tom Chilton is? Or even care what he did before joining the WoW team?

Fail. Chilton works for Blizzard since the end of 2002, so he's very much involved in what Wow brought. And i like very much the new WotLK compared to the early launch.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I never heard of the guy and I've played for a couple yrs.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

I know of Mike Morhaime and Chris Metzen and a bunch of other people from Blizzard, i haven't heard of Tom Chilton though, who is he?

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I just want to play another MMO that doesn't suck....variety plz

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"I've been seeing alot of posts about games that might kill WoW, but never did. And i was just wondering if there is someone On this website that actually hopes this game doesn't die."

I don't want to see any game die. All games have their fans and by all means, they should all be able to play and enjoy the game of their choice...

All games will die eventually, but let's hope those lifetimes are long and fruitfull...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• spdkillaspdkilla Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by xusheng2

I've been seeing alot of posts about games that might kill WoW, but never did. And i was just wondering if there is someone On this website that actually hopes this game doesn't die.
    /discuss
    Edit: Happy New Year!!

MEH... There is always room for GOOD competition and NO mmo (outside of a scam mmo) should fail.

--On a side note your avatar pic reminded me of the console fps wars and the cry of "Halo" killer for years from every fps wanabe company in the world ,and even some of the console makers as well .....

I guess some ppl just want those they disagree with or don't like to fail and they don't seem to understand that there is room for many differing points of view as well as mmo's and console games.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

Yes I would like it die, but to die as a result of a better game coming out.

By die I mean have a massive drop in subs, not shut down completely.

Don't think it won't happend either, history and common sense shows otherwise.

• HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

I only want WoW to die to get rid of the constant flaming over it and the discussions of whether or not it is a good game

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    Originally posted by bodypass

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Fail. Chilton works for Blizzard since the end of 2002, so he's very much involved in what Wow brought. And i like very much the new WotLK compared to the early launch. 

Chilton left Origin in 2004 when EA absorbed it. Shortly afterwards he joined Blizzard.

Don't call "fail" unless you know what you're talking about.

For the curious, Tom Chilton previously worked on Ultima Online and is one of the people blamed for it's downfall.

In WoW Chilton is known as Kalgan and is the head of PvP.

• aodoineaodoine Member Posts: 24

Well I have to agree to most haters of this game... WoW has to be left on the shelf dying.

I played this game since the Alpha version. I tried BC and disliked it to crush my PC. Even now when I log or see some friends playing i just can't stand it. The game never evolved and what they add to the game broke the game itself in so many ways.

I beta tested and played so many online games since 1995 that i can't put them here. But i can tell that i enjoyed WoW at first but now Blizz has to go in a new direction. The Cow cash is good for them i agree but the game is more a Korean game style now than a real MMO. Before long I can tell that Blizzard will come with buyable tokens just like the Korean games where you buy your gear instead of playing to get it.

Games like AOC or WAR and many more are over the top and brings new blood to the MMOS.

That is my point... WOW should die!