Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone?

tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Does anyone still play? If so how is the community? are there alot of people? Is it worth coming back? I have a level 52 Ranger.

---------------------------------------------
WoW
-Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
-Rhalon 81 UD Mage
-Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I just recently gave in to the dark side, against my better judgement and reactivated. On Xegony, my main server, the higher end population seems healthy. My 73 SK made it to 75 in no time at all, and I've picked up about 200 AAs, all since Dec. 23, even taking an interstate trip and having houseguests.

Also on Xegony, I deleted a couple of characters I knew I'd never play and started a new necro. My experience was that I saw maybe 1 to 4  other people in the tutorial there. There were a few people between level 11 and 15 in Crescent Reach, and they almost all had mercs.

There's a merge of The Combine and Druzzil Ro happening soon, so I bopped over to both of those servers to see what I had there, to discover I had nothing (left? Did they character wipe already?) on Druzzil Ro and 2 characters on The Combine. Making a new necro on one and a SK on the other and jumping into the tutorial, I found both servers had 12-14 people in them the various times I was there. I think the impending merge is generating interest in those servers.

Lots of people are using mercs even in the tutorial. I haven't gotten the latest expansion, though, so I am oldschooling it. The newest expansion I have on that account is TSS, but the latest expansion is an all-in-one, which seems to be the new SOE way. (I just haven't sprung for it yet because I don't know if I am staying, or if I am going to walk away again, or if I am going to go to whatever the new server is. And if the new server is a progression server, there won't be too much point in upgrading for a while, eh?)

I am afraid I can't say what it is like at 52 just now. I had a 47 pally on the account I walked away from recently, but everything I have on Xegony is either over 60 or below 40. The good news is that if you can get a group in a hot zone, leveling is a whole ton easier than it used to be.

I *think* you'll get claimable items-- I was really mad because I resubscribed the account I am playing now *before* the Living Legacy promotion and missed all that goodness, so I subscribed a different account in order to get the Living Legacy benefits--mainly the free expansion upgrades. When I subscribed the first account again on Dec. 23, I found I could claim a "Legacy Lost" bundle similar to the items available for Living Legacy. (Didn't get all the expansions for free, though.  )

(The more I edit this post, the worse it gets. I am going to stop picking at it now.)

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by neschria

I *think* you'll get claimable items-- I was really mad because I resubscribed the account I am playing now *before* the Living Legacy promotion and missed all that goodness, so I subscribed a different account in order to get the Living Legacy benefits--mainly the free expansion upgrades. When I subscribed the first account again on Dec. 23, I found I could claim a "Legacy Lost" bundle similar to the items available for Living Legacy. (Didn't get all the expansions for free, though.  )

I got the Original Everquest and 2 expansions with the living legacy :( Which your probally already had.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

I got TSS, Buried Sea and Secrets of Faydwer for free when I came back on an old account for Living Legacy.  It was a good deal for me. Sounds like you kinda got the short end of the stick though.:( 

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by neschria

I got TSS, Buried Sea and Secrets of Faydwer for free when I came back on an old account for Living Legacy.  It was a good deal for me. Sounds like you kinda got the short end of the stick though.:( 

Heh, I got ALL the EQII expansions, even though Ill prob never play it :P

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

so none of this has really helped me decide if its worth coming back to haha. i've had one guy try to explain something to me and it was alittle confusing lol. whats this living legacy and all that stuff? Is there populated servers, etc. I would appreciate more peoples opinions.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Living Legacy information

Easy for new MMO players to get into? & A couple questions about Everquest & Help in deciding class and server...

Only you can answer if it is worth coming back.

My suggestion is wait until March when they plan to open a new server depending on what the players want. There's supposed to be some voting this month.

• buzzzxbuzzzx Member UncommonPosts: 41

To give you a more direct answer: If you haven't played for a few years you're level 52 Ranger will be woefully underequipped by today's standards. The gear is totally out of control in EQ, and the stuff you have will be basically garbage. Finding groups at your level won't be easy, certainly not like you remember it, and you'll need support to get better gear. Do you have any friends who can join you? I have a level 53 Enchanter and couldn't find a group last time I logged on. You might get lucky and find somebody 2 or 3-boxing who'll let you tag along. I guess it depends on your server, but groups for mediocre-geared 50-ish players aren't very common anymore.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I wouldnt waste my time going back to smething left many years ago and certainly would pay a red cent for EQ.  The genre has trickled forward since then and then stalled, but try something that doesnt cost you and has much more to offer.

I'd suggest Runes of Magic. www.runesofmagic.com/us/index.html

Free as it's in open beta, full-time development staff, tons of quests, attentive customer service, community, varying professions and skill development, player-run environment for the most part, events, player housing, mounts, crafting, easy learning curve, etc.

Originally posted by tu_uilwen

so none of this has really helped me decide if its worth coming back to haha. i've had one guy try to explain something to me and it was alittle confusing lol. whats this living legacy and all that stuff? Is there populated servers, etc. I would appreciate more peoples opinions.

To summarize: Some servers are populated. Some are less so. Level 52 is kind of mid-level now that the level cap is 85, and I'll second that your gear will be crap, even compared to other people who are playing more recent level 52s.

Living Legacy was a promotion this past summer where they reactivated all old accounts and gave them all the expansions to bring them up to current at that time. It came with a bundle of equipment, and that equipment is still available, even if you missed the promotion. You should get three pieces of armor that are more or less level appropriate and a weapon that will be, frankly, crap compared to what you should be able to get at your level, as well as double experience potions, SoW potions, and 5 charges of gate to Plane of Knowledge.

If you join general channels and you're on a generally friendly server, you might be able to get some advice and/or powerleveling.

I think it might be less frustrating to wait for the new server in March, start over, and level up with other people.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I am not going to try to sway you against the idea of coming back but I do want to make you aware that SOE now has an item shop AND they want you to pay a subscription. I will leave it like that and let you decide if that is the game you want to participate in. But I will give you an overview of how I feel the game is today.

The game isn't worth it now. It isn't EQ anymore it is something else. Something cobbled together, something mixed and matched, something broken. The lore is ridiculous to me and the world goes from old graphics to new in different places, corpse runs are gone, npcs to group with are in, Many classes have lost many of their roles due to changes in the game. A group game trying to become a solo game to level, it's ugly and broken. Books to travel, cats on the moon, bazaar, bezerker class, beast lord class .... you decide!

• maxskate2001maxskate2001 Member Posts: 2

you should def consider coming back alot of changes have been made since u left, the lvl cap is now 85 and there r new spells abilitys and revamped and new zones. the most populated servers right now r stromm and antonyous bayle (SP?) lol, contrary from what u hear eq is not dying its coming back if anything. the only bad thing i can say about it right now is that they r making it easier, and doing alot of the same things WoW is doing =/

-------------------------------------------

Everquest II

43 wizard Senshiartimis (guk server)
    16 conjurer Senshistar (guk)

Everquest 1

85 magician Senshiartimis (stromm)
    76 cleric Starmedic (stromm)
    65 berzerker Gohanx (Stromm)
    65 wizard Sakurax (stromm)
    70 bard Supersonickitty (stromm)

WAR

20 Archmage senshiartimis (badlands)