Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess MMOs are the only games released buggy as hell

Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

While waiting on a good MMO to be released (been waiting a while now), I decided to give up on subscription games for a while and go with others.  I loved Mass Effect and thought I'd try out Fallout 3 since I've heard a lot of good about it.

Wow.  This game is FULL of bugs and random crashes.  It's got a good storyline and I enjoy the gameplay, but I'm crashing or locking up at least once every hour or two of gameplay.  This is with the patched version of the game and no mods installed!   Yikes! 

It seems the trend of releasing broken games isn't a MMO only problem.

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

It's a video game developement culture thing.  When you go into a game developement forum the least busy forum is the engineering/IT design/anaylsis/tools forums while if you go to a bussiness programming forum it's one of the more busy ones.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

Game has become pretty much unplayable online imo.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661
    Originally posted by Gameloading

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

The host's connection is probably dirt slow then. If you notice, they tested frome ONE host only.

As for Fallout 3, I've never had any bugs with it myself. Worked just fine.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by nickelpat

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

The host's connection is probably dirt slow then. If you notice, they tested frome ONE host only.

I experienced the exact same lag situation in every Gears of War 2 game I have played.

I love Gears of Wars's online gameplay, but the connection issues totally kill the game.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

I used to work Quality control for Activision testing titles before they went gold for bugs. But alot of companies cut back on that department, so thats why you get alot of broken games. Fallout 3 is still a great game though, Ive ran into a few problems but nothing huge.

BTW what system are you running it with, and on what settings.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Battlecruiser 3000 AD.

Daikaitana

Ultima 9

E.T.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by nickelpat

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

It's not just the host...a friend of mine sold back the game after just a few weeks because online play is so broken...I'm glad that I never bothered with it

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by digitydarkman

I used to work Quality control for Activision testing titles before they went gold for bugs. But alot of companies cut back on that department, so thats why you get alot of broken games. Fallout 3 is still a great game though, Ive ran into a few problems but nothing huge.

I'm running it on a E6600 2.4 dual core, 3 gigs, GTX260 NVidia, Vista 32 machine.  I have the game set to Ultra and there's no lag or performance issues.  It will just randomly crash and give me an error saying the program has stopped working and will be closed.  I have no mods installed and I don't run anything else like browsers or anything while I'm playing.

When the game works, it's great!  I just wish it were more stable.

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Originally posted by digitydarkman

I'm running it on a E6600 2.4 dual core, 3 gigs, GTX260 NVidia, Vista 32 machine.  I have the game set to Ultra and there's no lag or performance issues.  It will just randomly crash and give me an error saying the program has stopped working and will be closed.  I have no mods installed and I don't run anything else like browsers or anything while I'm playing.

When the game works, it's great!  I just wish it were more stable.

Did you try running it only on one CPU?

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Possibly a Vista Issue. I had the game crash on me once and this was when i first started playing havent had it happen since.

I place multithreading as a likely issue(2 using more than one CPU or trying to, even works with one).   It's one of those things that can  just randomly break and be quirky.   Can work perfectly fine on the some computers and speeds but once you start moving it around you'll eventually find a computer where it doesn't work if you made even one mistake, which is easy to do.

It's a big system so it could really be anything this is just the most likely bug I place it as.