Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4Story-Why you should give it a try...

beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80

4 Story “Three kingdoms and one hero”

I know what you’re thinking, that’s a pretty lame game name, and the motto’s not that great either. I was skeptical at first myself. I just canceled my WAR Sub if you’re interested in where I am coming from. So, my wife and I started looking for another game to play, and we found 4story.

So I saw the whole free thing, and it furthered my skepticism about the game. But I am all for giving something a try, at least once.

The game has three races humans, fairy, and werebeast (I know, great names right?). But the classes are a lot better than you might think. Actually, think along the lines of final fantasy and it looks a lot like that.

So far my wife and I love the game. Traditionally I play warrior classes in games, so that’s where I started. Warrior plays like…well a warrior. If that’s what you’re interested in, you get exactly what you want. But I wanted to try something else, so I started to play the summoner class.

It’s hard to figure out where to begin. It’s just an amazing and fun class. The way you play with your

summoned beast is a lot of fun, not to mention that no beast in the game is untamable! I won’t say much more, hope to wet your whistle.

If you want to know more, you will just have to check it out.

I am not a professional reviewer, nor am I looking for some ‘prize’ from 4story for posting. I actually just found the game, was enjoying it, and saw little to no post about it on mmorpg.com, so I decided to share some love for the game.

Hope you will give it a try, http://global.4story.com/

Best regards,

BeeJ

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Comments

• MikescorfifsMikescorfifs Member Posts: 1

LOl, I think you've explained a lot why you chosen a game that's not great and attract to you, as you said, just give it a try, but finally, it seems that it still is a just so so game, nothing in fact attractive to you. Also you've explained a lot that you're not a professional reviewer from 4story, I'm just wondering if you think you've talked too much about why you post and why you chose it, but not what and how the game like?

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Tried it, just another asian f2p mmo.

• Jzone09Jzone09 Member Posts: 3

Yer I agree try the game I didnt think it would be that great but hey it is a FREE mmo so its worth a try and its alot better than i thought. A really fun game so try it out especially if your not willing to pay for an mmo.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

I'm downloading Runes of Magic at the moment, if it  isn't good then i'll give 4Story a try. Looks decent, nothing that really stands out to seperate itself from the rest of the other MMO's.

• StagnantStagnant Member Posts: 16

Although i havent played 4story for about a month, here is my experience|:

I should note i reached max level before the cap was raised....

this game is a quest grinder...plain and simple

you get your story line quests and then you get your repeatable quests.  Killing mobs get you nearly no exp on their own you need quest xp to level.

Heres how it works... after level 8 you get new repeatable quest sets every 3 or 4 levels.  You go to the npc, you get like 4-6 quests.  THe quests take you in a nice little lap around the area where the mobs are seperated.  You get a large group if you can find one and you do a lap, killing all the mobs needed or finding all the auto found drops needed.  You move on to the next area nearby and continue.  For every part of the repeatable set you get a token, which stack up to 20.  Once you feel that youve done the repeatables enough you take your tokens back to a "master npc" usualy at a major city and turn them in.  You get decent xp from completing the quests and a "bonus" xp from the master npc for the tokens. 

It seems wordy but its really simple and repatative. 

You o this untill you can take tout the next set of repeatables.  THis is how you level.  So from level 31 to level33 you spam repeat quest.  Once 34 is hit you get the new quests and spam those untill level 38 rinse repeat.

THe RvR was nothing more than one faction with 50 max levels and 50 near max levels vs 4 max levels and 30 kinda close to max levels.  Basically one side steamrolls another....wasnt fun since i was on the losing side and our respawns were camped, despite not having to do that to beat us.

Other than that youll notice a lot of similarities with WOW.

so if this sounds like a blast 4stroy is for you. 

If your like me, youll come to the realization that you dont want to do repeat quests in order to do more repeat quests.

unfortunatly i hear RoM is like 4story, just a wow game reskinned.

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

Game made me go

'ew'.

Ew.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

4story-Why you should NEVER give it a try...

it's an disgusting rip off game (like runes of magic too). They didn't even try with these ones, it's really truly pathetic. The only thing worst than the devs of these abominations are the players that play and defend it

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Im sticking uit out with Runes of Magic. They've gotten a great game and the rip-off that is WoW and WAR and AoC just arent worth the money any more.  RoM provides an even more immersive world at a fraction of the price that kids playing the afformentioned games are fleeced for.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Originally posted by Asamof

4story-Why you should NEVER give it a try...

it's an disgusting rip off game (like runes of magic too). They didn't even try with these ones, it's really truly pathetic. The only thing worst than the devs of these abominations are the players that play and defend it

Truth

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by beej1986

that’s a pretty lame game name, and the motto’s not that great either.

So I saw the whole free thing, and it furthered my skepticism about the game.
    The game has three races humans, fairy, and werebeast (I know, great names right?).
    Warrior plays like…well a warrior. If that’s what you’re interested in, you get exactly what you want.
     I won’t say much more, hope to wet your whistle.

If you want to know more, you will just have to check it out.

When do you get to the "why you should give it a try" part of the post?