Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Review

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Gikku

WoW is a good game. Yea for the most part it is easy to learn and play at least for the most part, so yes I would agree on that. However, it is geared more to the high end/hard core player. Without being in a guild or finding good pug groups you are not going to have the best of equipment. Once you could at least PvP and gain armor by doing battlegrounds and gaining honor to obtain better equipment. Now that is out unless you also do arena.
    Summoning it up yea the new expansion is nice(very nice) but some of the new things suck. WoW is more and more gearing to those hard core players and forgetting that they also have many that can't invest that much time into a game like it or not, RL does come first for some. Job means you got money to pay bills one of which is your lovely WoW account.  If you can spend plenty of time in the game and be able to raid/do battlegrounds and arenas you should be doing flips. If not you are probably like me and not overjoyed at many of the new things that are going to make it less fun to play.

Lets se i have pugged 25 naxx, os, mylagos ... so i would think this x-pack was for causal players seeing as ANYONE can jump into lfg and get into a pug and literally finish end game content atm.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Member Posts: 185

Actually I found that D&D MMO to be far more "Easy". The Eberron one. I don't find the raids to be that easy at all. The Naxx one with the fire wall was pretty tough and their was another with a giant beattle guy. Though he was bugged I'm told so that explains his cheapness.

• SanguiniaSanguinia Member Posts: 235

WTF is with all these people calling for player housing? How can you complain about the pointless grinds and achievements and then bother asking for an online dollhouse? I'm all for more storage, but I don't think they need to add housing just for that. If I wanted to decorate a house, I'd do so IRL.

What Happened With SWG Went Down YEARS AGO! Please Try To Stop Whining About It In Every Thread I Read. Mourn It, And Finally MOVE ON With Your Lives! Thanks A Heap.

• freakworldfreakworld Member Posts: 67

Give a gnome some LOVE!!!

What Happened With SWG Went Down YEARS AGO! Please Try To Stop Whining About It In Every Thread I Read. Mourn It, And Finally MOVE ON With Your Lives! Thanks A Heap.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Sanguinia

WTF is with all these people calling for player housing? How can you complain about the pointless grinds and achievements and then bother asking for an online dollhouse? I'm all for more storage, but I don't think they need to add housing just for that. If I wanted to decorate a house, I'd do so IRL.

How ironic!

The same can be said of Raiding. If I wanted to have better gear (read clothes) then I'd do so IRL and go to a shop and buy me some new fancy clothes.

So your point is pretty mute. 

• logan400klogan400k Member UncommonPosts: 68

WoW is one of those topics that gets a good deal of attention. I think anyone who has played it and even many who have not, have their opinions on the game.

The topic at hand however, is the review of the WotLK expansion and not WoW itself.

Q. How do I feel about WotLK after the review?

A - I have no idea. The review mentions customer service which has nothing to do with the expansion whatsoever. It does make mention of some hardware issues like Graphics and Sound but there is not much depth to it.  There is also very little talk about content other than how wonderful it is.  I appreciate the reviewer is a fan of the game and being a fan does not disqualify him from being a reviewer or making an honest and unbiased review.

Unfortunately and with all do respect to him and MMORPG's staff, that is not what we got here.  The review tells me nothing about the expansion other than it's <expletive> awesome. Such a review only serves to further the notion of fanboyism and re-open what are really pointless debates on the pros and cons of WoW itself.

The reviewer mentions three Cons in the side teaser but only talks about two of them. The blurb about the Gnome Death Knights was actually eye catching and I wanted to read the review to see why that was. Nowhere in the review did I see any mention of the reason why the reviewer dislikes Gnome Death Knights. (If I am wrong on that someone feel free to point it out.)

So how do I feel about WotLK after the review?

I really do not know.

Just My 2 Lunars

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

You could make that argument for almost anything in the game. The entire reason we play these games is because we would never be able to do ALL of these activities in real life, and certainly not to the extent or without the threat of dying. Someone once posted this "advertisement" on these forums and I think it says it all:

triptronix.net/ishbadiddle/images/outsidecj0.jpg

A house isn't about storage. And the fact that you would consider a house to be nothing but a storage box speaks volumes about how people regard MMOs today. Housing and player cities are about creating a virtual world rather than a virtual themepark. Do you really think that your epic, l33t warrior would be homeless after completeing the most difficult raiding dungeons? If so, that's pretty sad.

When I played SWG, I was extremely proud of my house. I will never have a house like that in real life, and so that game allowed me to do something and feel like I had a second home somewhere else. But that's what these games are supposed to be about and what has been completely lacking in most MMOs: virtual immersion.

• BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158

WOTLK - Is a casual player expansion. My guild cleared all raid content by 12/1. It's such a joke I quit playing my main and left my guild. I play to raid and kill the biggest mobs in the game. Any PUG can do that now.

Achievements? Who cares. They are nothing more than a time waster. Big deal. So I cleared Naxx. Now lets do it with 21. Now lets do it naked using only one hand standing on one leg. Big deal. We cleared the content, its NOT fresh or new just because you do it with 21 or with 3 drakes up. Again, big deal.

LAG - OMG Lag. My guild had to start raiding at 12midnight east just to be able to raid. I swear we fought ONE trash spider pack for at least 5-10m one night.

Diversity? What's that? Everyone looks even more the same now. Epic gear means nothing, raid gear means nothing. I would say the effort and time put into raiding should get you something different but to be honest there is not a lot of time or effort anymore. Simply login, AOE everything down and stay out of the fire. That's really all raiding in WOW has come too. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

So yeah, if you login for an hour or two every day or so, I bet WOTLK is cool to you. Specially if your idea of raiding is joining a PUG and clearing all the lvl 25m content. Yep, I bet it's real cool. However, to those like myself that have played Wow from day one and enjoyed the more CHALLENGING aspects of the game.....it's not so cool.

So I quit raiding. Playing my DK now just for kicks. I will wait and see what the next content patch provides and if it's more challenging then  I will go back to raiding. Till then I will just relax :)

• euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109

I agree with most of what the review had to say, Blizzard is very good at delivering a polished game... Though like many others I'm awaiting the new content and hoping it will be harder. I do understand why they made WotLK version of Kara(Nax) easier for new comers who have never raided, but I think they could have tweaked it up a little. Arthas should be quite contenting.

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera

Originally posted by Guillermo197

How ironic!

The same can be said of Raiding. If I wanted to have better gear (read clothes) then I'd do so IRL and go to a shop and buy me some new fancy clothes.

I don't think my point is moot at all. I never said I was a raider. In fact, I don't raid. Closest I came to it was my friend came over once and logged in his character and let me Frost Bolt the Fire Lord for five minutes. Cool, but... meh. I do my own thing in mmos. Housing just doesn't seem epic. Sounds rather lame. "Ooh, let's decorate my house!" Sounds like something out of Neopets. Me, I just like killing monsters. If there were zombies invading, I wouldn't even play games. I'd be out there killing those damn-dirty zombies. [They're trying to take our jobs, you know?]

Me, I just like killing monsters. If there were zombies invading, I wouldn't even play games. I'd be out there killing those damn-dirty zombies. [They're trying to take our jobs, you know?]

I think that sums up the problem right there. You have no problem with the endless repetition of killing monsters, so you can't appreciate anything not associated with combat. MMOs were once upon a time focused more on creating a vibrant community with as many opportunities to fight as to so socialize, craft, and feel like you were apart of and shaped the world around you, rather than riding themepark rides.

Originally posted by Daedalus732

Me, I just like killing monsters. If there were zombies invading, I wouldn't even play games. I'd be out there killing those damn-dirty zombies. [They're trying to take our jobs, you know?]

I think that sums up the problem right there. You have no problem with the endless repetition of killing monsters, so you can't appreciate anything not associated with combat. MMOs were once upon a time focused more on creating a vibrant community with as many opportunities to fight as to so socialize, craft, and feel like you were apart of and shaped the world around you, rather than riding themepark rides.

Meh, when I was younger I was a role-player. AD&D for ages. [the real role-playing] That's immersive. This is a video game. Most people [WoW numbers] just play to relax. Sure, some socialize and blah blah blah, but that's not for me. Ever try to hold a conversation with people in an mmo? UGH! Between the kids who think saying "Vagina" in public chat = comedy, or the PvP'ers who hop constantly and aggro an entire room full of mobs only to complain when we all die, or the blind invites for no reason and the gold farmers... UGH! And the spammers! Constant. Freaking. Spam! Socialization is what ruins the immersion and feel of the world you're playing in. Other than that, there's only so much you can do to feel like part of the world around you. In my opinion, that'd be more of an immersion thing than a socialization/crafting issue. Those things wouldn't make someone feel like part of a world just.. part of a guild, or something.

And to me, it's not just combat, it's how it's done. I have a Druid in WoW, and he has Cat Form. Meaning, he can turn into a "panther" [I don't know what the damn thing is supposed to be. It's some kind of cat.] And I imagine him to be developing animal instincts. Especially since I have him mostly fight in Cat Form. So, he spends less time in his normal Elven form. And that type of little thing amuses me. But, when I approach NPCs nine times out of ten, I'll switch out of Cat Form because to me they'd figure he was some damn "panther" or whatever, just coming out of the forest at them. And even if they would figure that it's a Druid, how would they know which one? All of the Cat Forms look alike on the same faction. So, that's the type of thing I do. It's not just about swinging a sword or slinging a spell. [Though, my Warlock does have macros for most of his casting time spells! One spell I even took portions derived from the Necronomicon! That is where I get my fun! That's where I'm coming from. It's not just "kilz more monstars plz!"]

• sorciellesorcielle Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Bravnik

WOTLK - Is a casual player expansion. My guild cleared all raid content by 12/1. It's such a joke I quit playing my main and left my guild. I play to raid and kill the biggest mobs in the game. Any PUG can do that now.
    Achievements? Who cares. They are nothing more than a time waster. Big deal. So I cleared Naxx. Now lets do it with 21. Now lets do it naked using only one hand standing on one leg. Big deal. We cleared the content, its NOT fresh or new just because you do it with 21 or with 3 drakes up. Again, big deal.
    LAG - OMG Lag. My guild had to start raiding at 12midnight east just to be able to raid. I swear we fought ONE trash spider pack for at least 5-10m one night.
    Diversity? What's that? Everyone looks even more the same now. Epic gear means nothing, raid gear means nothing. I would say the effort and time put into raiding should get you something different but to be honest there is not a lot of time or effort anymore. Simply login, AOE everything down and stay out of the fire. That's really all raiding in WOW has come too. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
    So yeah, if you login for an hour or two every day or so, I bet WOTLK is cool to you. Specially if your idea of raiding is joining a PUG and clearing all the lvl 25m content. Yep, I bet it's real cool. However, to those like myself that have played Wow from day one and enjoyed the more CHALLENGING aspects of the game.....it's not so cool.
    So I quit raiding. Playing my DK now just for kicks. I will wait and see what the next content patch provides and if it's more challenging then  I will go back to raiding. Till then I will just relax :)

Great post, actually more informative than the original review, which I agree is a joke.

People that say this game is easy to play, hard to master are delusional. There was a time when this may have been more true, but the game has been cooked down to the easiest common min/max denominator.

The new dungeons are uninspired, the quest flow completely compartmentalized, and the old world of the game, which was very well done, completely trivialized.

Sure it gives everyone who is casual, or came late to the game, a mee too I am a badass feeling.

But truly talented hardcore players? Meh, get off my lawn!

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I agree to a certain point, but compared to the Burning Crusade and the original game release, this is by far the best pack they have come out with to date.

Blizzard has been able to take the normal everyday grind and bring it to a level that is just overall enjoyable.  If you know anything of the Warcraft series, the story of the Lich King, and the creation of the undead prevails as one of the most enthralling and engrossing aspects of the game.  I am hoping this is a turnaround to the direction that the Blizzard games has been taking.  Since the release of Diablo 2 I have thought that their quality has been going downhill.

Their games are always good for at least 10 years if not more which is a heavy reputation to carry.  I am finally glad to see that one of their recent games has been given a good review.  The only problem here is that it will take you some time to get your toon to level 68 to actually play the game.  And it will cost you quite a bit of money.  But the price of the original game and the Burning Crusade expansion has come down.  So you will be saving alot more then those of us who have been with it since the beginning.

Slowly, Blizzard has turned the MMO into an online amusement park.  Which explains the large attraction to the game for people of all ages.  It still has the grind that most MMOs have but it has taken it one step further by introducing amusement type park things to do.  (i.e. leaping on the backs of giants, taking control of robots, flying dragons into battle).

For me, going from level 70-80 has probably been the most enjoyable thing I have done in an MMO so far, though I have only played 6 or 7 of them.  Also the instances seem more centralized as in most players can go into them, including the heroics level once they reach level 80.  Some of the players I have talked to complain about this saying that they are too easy but I dont see it that way.  I guess if you plan to play this game as a life long game and it being the only game that you play that would be annoying.  Only problem I had personally with them is that they were too short.

There are many subplots or chains off the original story to get involved in and don't forget to team up with somebody though they have made it so in most cases you can solo many of the quests.  It will make it that much more enjoyable.  The soloing prolly came from the complaints that you can not get things done in the other packs without grouping.

I highly recommend this game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the down side I have a few complaints.  I would imagine that Blizzard made the game to be family oriented, just as the team who is putting together Star Trek Online plans to do.  Well WOTLK looks it.  To me it looks so family oriented as to almost be a saturday morning kiddie cartoon.  I am not saying it is not fun, it is alot of fun.  I am just saying per the artwork and the overall design, its appears to me to be a bit more geared towards the kiddies.  I see that in the artwork, and I see that in the gameplay as well.  Now I could get into a discussion of what I consider to be mature or non-mature artwork but I am just mentioning this briefly.  Afterall, Blizzard designed this game to be family oriented.  Which by far it is.  Far from me to say that their should be different styles of artwork in a game for the money that is paid out.

The instances are too short.  Compared to the past instances in BC and WOW, they are maybe 1/2 the distance and time for completion.  They are immense and huge as are with most WOW instances but to complete them for your quests or dropped itmes it takes far less time.

Oh and I have to mention the crowd, I have maybe 10 servers with characters on them, both alliance and horde and have to say that WOW players are still some of the most greedy, self-centered and rude individuals I have ever played with.

It is not unusual for a 25. 10 or 5 man team to kick someone because they do not like the damage they are doing or the way they are playing.  Plus, they act as if they would kill someone in real life over the attainment of one elite item.  The language, attitudes, and overall  consciousness of the players seems almost to be in league with the Lich King himself.  Also with an extreme gang appeal.

Lastly I have to mention the battlegrounds.  With games like Team Fortress, Battlefield 2, Enemy Territories Quake Wars I find it uncomprehensible to see that WOW has only 5 battlegrounds if you include the new Wintersgrasp.  True their seems to be different arenas that you can enter to PVP in but if you compared what WOW is offering to play against other players and games like those I mentioned above, for the money that I have payed out you would think they would have maybe 50 or 60 arenas and battlegrounds.  It just does not make sense.  I have to give credit to Guild Wars for having the system that they do over WOW.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reviewer here gave it a 9.2 and called it fantastic.  I am sorry but I can't go that high.  To me an MMO should last a lifetime.  I have already spoken to individuals that that appeal does not hold for WOW.  Level to 80, get what you can and quit.  Partly I blame this on the price.  I find it sad that games like Guild Wars will be adhering to $14.99 or so a month with the release of GW2 following in the footsteps of WOW. 

As I said, I feel an MMO should be a hobbie, lasting for a long time, much like collecting trains, model airplanes, or cars.  I dont feel that WOW has that sort of appeal.  The games is turning into a buy the 'in' sneaker or cellphone that their friends have that seems to happen amongst most groups or high school crowds.  Most of the people that seem to be playing it is because their friends are playing it, as if they 'have' to play it because their friends are.  I really wonder just how many people actually like it.

I hate to give out numbers but if I have to with this I would give it a 'good' rating of 8.0.  It is by far the best of the 3 but the overall childish feel that the game has which the players also help to create, the rigid artwork, and strict "don't go off the bleedin' track" gameplay gives it that score for me.  Plenty to do, lots of fun to have, but once finished my interest drops to 0 and the boredom rate happens real fast.  At least for this player it does. 

GlassEye

Get off my lawn you kids!

• OverpowerOverpower Member Posts: 105

Critics ratings of Lich King pwns WoW haters.

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
    To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
    Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

the review was like done by someone who started gaming a year ago.

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717
    Originally posted by Bravnik

I see your point. Luckily for me, I don't raid anymore due to the time requierements (I don't do PUGs) and the fact that patched can nerf a lot of work (i.e. special gear not being special anymore). So with my 2 - 3 h max a day it is really okay, since I will never get to see all contents anyway.

the typical problem of all MMOs - casual versus hardcore....

why don't you try EQ1 or L2 ? you'll get some raiding there which is not possible with PUGs.

imageimage

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Guillermo197

How ironic!

I don't think my point is moot at all. I never said I was a raider. In fact, I don't raid. Closest I came to it was my friend came over once and logged in his character and let me Frost Bolt the Fire Lord for five minutes. Cool, but... meh. I do my own thing in mmos. Housing just doesn't seem epic. Sounds rather lame. "Ooh, let's decorate my house!" Sounds like something out of Neopets. Me, I just like killing monsters. If there were zombies invading, I wouldn't even play games. I'd be out there killing those damn-dirty zombies. [They're trying to take our jobs, you know?]

He never said you were a raider. He was applying your view of housing to other aspects of the game, specifically raiding for better gear. Nowhere does he say "You're a raider", or even imply it.

That said, the larger point I think you're missing (and many players, in their rather short-sighted view of "what a game should be") is that just because *you* personally wouldn't enjoy it doesn't mean there aren't many, many others who would. Don't like private housing? Don't get a private house. Simple.

What he says about older MMORPGs is true as well - regardless of your personal experiences with AD&D. Before WoW came along and stripped out almost all the aspects of a player-influenced-world, many MMOs were focused on things like housing, a deeper crafting system, and other elements that made building and nurturing a community as much part of the game as going out and slaying beasts.

Just because it doesn't appeal to someone like yourself, or to someone else who'd rather spend their time killing mobs, doesn't mean it would be useless.

Would you seriously want to deprive numerous others something they'd personally enjoy, simply because you don't? That would be a bit selfish, wouldn't it?

There's a certain response that last bit that I'm almost anticipating.. but I don't want to seem like I'm putting words in anyone's mouth.. so I'll wait and see if someone actually says it before commenting on it :-p

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Kalay
    The reviewer here gave it a 9.2 and called it fantastic.  I am sorry but I can't go that high.  To me an MMO should last a lifetime.  I have already spoken to individuals that that appeal does not hold for WOW.  Level to 80, get what you can and quit.  Partly I blame this on the price.  I find it sad that games like Guild Wars will be adhering to $14.99 or so a month with the release of GW2 following in the footsteps of WOW. 
    Actually, they'd be following in the foot-steps of many, many pay-to-play MMOs that came along long before WoW. Blizzard did not invent subscription-based online games, no more than they created the MMORPG.

Once upon a time, some MMOs billed on an hourly basis. Imagine paying those bills?
    And, in another context, it's a commonly held fact that MMORPGs are more a "service" than they are a game. You buy a single player game and receive a finite amount of content (player-made content notwithstanding where applicable). It's a one-time deal. MMOs, on the other hand, are an on-going service that continue to expand, adding updates, patches, providing in-game events, etc. They are not finite, but can continue to grow and expand as long as the company continues to support it. Besides that there is the cost of hardware, bandwidth and of course paying the employees who develop, test and implement the new content, who design and run in-game events, etc.

I'm not sure how ArenaNet makes money on Guild Wars with no subscription. They don't even have an item shop (thankfully) like other free-to-play MMOs do.

Personally, I'm glad if they are going with a monthly subscription. If it's not going to be a one-time purchase like GW is and they're going to implement a way of making money, a subscription fee is the most fair way to go about it. Unlike "Item Malls", a flat subscription fee helps to maintain a level playing field where everyone has the same resources available to them in-game and how much extra real-world money you have to spend on in-game items doesn't have any part in the design (RMT notwithstanding... they aren't playing the game as designed).

As I said, I feel an MMO should be a hobbie, lasting for a long time, much like collecting trains, model airplanes, or cars.  I dont feel that WOW has that sort of appeal.  The games is turning into a buy the 'in' sneaker or cellphone that their friends have that seems to happen amongst most groups or high school crowds.  Most of the people that seem to be playing it is because their friends are playing it, as if they 'have' to play it because their friends are.  I really wonder just how many people actually like it.
    Regardless, if you enjoy a hobby like collecting trains, model airplanes or cars, you'd expect to spend money to maintain and expand on that collection wouldn't you? And probably a lot more than a $14 or $15 monthly sub.
    I think people focus so much on the "monthly subscription" part that they lose perspective of just how little that is compared to the many other things people do for entertainment, spending far more than $15 in a single evening, much less an entire month. A MMO subscription is one of the cheapest forms of sustained entertainment you can find with a price-tag. You're paying about 50 cents a day to play a MMO as many or as few hours as you wish. Last I checked you can't even get a single game on many arcade machines for that little.

That said, whatever the reason people are playing the game, they're paying to play it just like everyone else. If you don't want to pay the subscription fee, you don't play. There seems to be an overtone of "people play because their friends do", as in peer-pressure... Frankly, that's not Blizzard's problem. People play for their own reasons and Blizzard's only responsibility is to provide the service they're charging for.
    I hate to give out numbers but if I have to with this I would give it a 'good' rating of 8.0.  It is by far the best of the 3 but the overall childish feel that the game has which the players also help to create, the rigid artwork, and strict "don't go off the bleedin' track" gameplay gives it that score for me.  Plenty to do, lots of fun to have, but once finished my interest drops to 0 and the boredom rate happens real fast.  At least for this player it does. 
    Heh, I'll go one step farther... the gameplay of WoW bores the hell out of me. I tried, 5 different times, the last 3 on by the urging of friends and/or family, who *swore* if I just let them show me how great WoW is, I'd be hooked. Guaranteed.

Didn't happen.

I get to the 30-40 range and I just run out of steam. Logging in seems to be more effort than it's worth. Of course, I'm told by them all that "I didn't give it a fair chance", which I laugh at. I gave it *5* wholehearted tries, from as far back as the game's launch to as recently as a couple months ago. It's just not for me... they just can't accept it. Ah well. To each their own.

For me, personally, WoW as a whole gets around a 6. I give it high points in terms of polish and world presentation (its stylized graphics are subject of much controversy, but I personally think they're fine) . But in terms of gameplay and "things to do", it falls flat for me.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ventcgventcg Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Conley

Let me tell you a secret though, healing in general is nerfed (mana regen is nerfed, no downranking, potions nerfed). So while the DPS is ignoring their ability to CC, the healer is blowing all his cooldowns to keep the tank up, and you'll find such groups whipe very often because of it. While you can certainly ignore CC on many trash, a group that does take advantage of their CC, will put a lot less stress on their healer and as a result have a much bigger chance to finish the dungeon without a whipe.

As a healer, I haven't noticed this so-called nerf.  I've been playing a priest since day one and have never had to downrank spells.  I didn't even realize that downranking spells saved mana, until the so-called nerf.  I have always topped healing done, had lowest over heals, and never have a mana problem.  I rarely used potions, so 1 potion a fight limit isn't really a limit to me either.

It's all in how you play the game I guess, in my personal opinion the uprank spells have always served me better.

Originally posted by Overpower

Critics ratings of Lich King pwns WoW haters.

Some day, you will learn that a Critic's review doesn't always hold true for a person's personal opinion.

Every critic on the planet could get down on their knees in front of Blizzard for this expansion, and I would still not be able to stomach this game.

Most people [WoW numbers] just play to relax. Sure, some socialize and blah blah blah, but that's not for me. Ever try to hold a conversation with people in an mmo?

I play to have fun more than anything else, and if there's anything I learned about WoW from almost day 1, is that I probably wasn't going to have fun in the long run because I just couldn't get into the game, and part of that is that most people give themselves rediculous names and talk about the stupidest things in chat. And this holds true for RP servers as well.

This wasn't a problem for me when I played SWG. Probably because SWG was a much harder game and kept the kids away. I actually DID hold good conversations in SWG, sometimes with people who just killed me on the opposing faction to discuss their tactics, weapons, armor, etc. That's certainly not something you could ever do on WoW. Most likely the person who killed you will type in some stupid laughing macro, accompanied by some weird posturing.

Video games are not a place for me to relax. If I want to relax, I will get a snack and watch television. When I play a video game, I want to be actively thinking and engaged, not mindlessly hitting a button over and over again.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

I quit WoW recently. The expansion made an easy game even easier.

Take a look at wowjutsu ratings and you'll see guilds that couldnt complete Kara having cleared all raid content for WOLK.

My guild had completed all 25 man and 10 man raids within 4 weeks from launch. And because Bosses drop 3-4 epics each, everyone in our guild is fully epic equipped.

For Molten Core and other classic raids it took us 6-12 months to finish gearing a tier set. Many of us completed our tier 7.5 sets in 3 weeks.

Blizz even made pvp easier. If you suck at pvp just do 25 man raids and then spend those badges buying epic pvp gear set pieces.

Heck you dont even have to raid to get tier armor. You can now buy tier 7 gloves and chest piece with heroic 5 man badges.

Personally Ive already managed to get the best possible fist main hand, best possible fist offhand, all 5 pieces of t7.5 armor, 3/5 offset t 7.5 armor, 3/5 pvp armor (without ever having to do any pvp outside of wintergrasp). I have all the cooking recipes possible (all daily cooking done). I finished the rep grind for exalted with sons of hodir, the fishing epic item, head enchant, and more.

There is absolutely nothing left for me to do in this game. Im not going to pay Blizz $15 a month to sit around and pat themselves on the back.

I sure do miss Star Wars Galaxies. That was a rare MMO experience where the game had no ending. I miss my houses. The player cities. The deals with crafters to hunt resources for them. The complexity. A true Steak amongst MMO's. WoW is just hamburger