Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance of some new servers?

jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Lately, this site has been getting more and more popular. Also, it has gotten slower and slower. Often times I'll sit there for a minute waiting for the page to load(on cable, btw). Other times it will just come up [MMORPG.com is under maintenance] or whatever it says. I know it's not my connection because everything else works fine, just not this site.

Any plans for some new servers or anything?

With all the problems this site has the way it is(deleting posts, search function is bad, etc.), having it going this slow only makes it that much worse.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

Comments

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

I'd like to second that request. Even with copying and pasting, I seem to get the blank page effect after posting and hitting back and re-replying doesn't do the trick. So I have to reload the thread and post again. Even then, sometimes I get that maintenance message and decide not to even bother with posting anymore for a while.

Anyway, I hate to complain, but any word on fixing these issues?

• PsychlonusPsychlonus Member Posts: 45

I'm glad someone else brought it up. image

I thought it was just me for some reason.  And like you, I have cable and every other site works fine.  I've noticed over a thousand new users in the past couple days... that seems like a fair bit.  I spend a lot of my free time here reading right now, as i'm sure MANY others do. 

Great site... and some new servers would be awesome.  image

"Holy crip he's a crapple!" - Peter Griffin

"Holy crip he's a crapple!" - Peter Griffin

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

Aye, get more bandwidth. You seem to do enough advertising.

Our Site Is Performing Maintenance.

Please Check Back In a Few Minutes.

I'm sick of this.

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak