Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any RP in PotBS?

I'm on the trial account, so I can't initiate /tells or talk in the nation channel.  I also can't seem to post on the official forums, so I'm at a loss as to how to find out what I need to know.

Basically, is there any RP in PotBS?

The game itself is great- I like the ship combat and "AvCom", the trading aspect seems cool.  The setting is unique and I like that it is historical.  But I am a heavy RPer and need RP to keep my interest in the game.  It's the only thing keeping me from subscribing.

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by CrankyViking

I'm on the trial account, so I can't initiate /tells or talk in the nation channel.  I also can't seem to post on the official forums, so I'm at a loss as to how to find out what I need to know.
    Basically, is there any RP in PotBS?
    The game itself is great- I like the ship combat and "AvCom", the trading aspect seems cool.  The setting is unique and I like that it is historical.  But I am a heavy RPer and need RP to keep my interest in the game.  It's the only thing keeping me from subscribing.

Once in a great while. I saw a society initiation in Tampa once, where the society leadership stood on steps and introduced new members to the mass of the society, It was pretty neat.

Mostly, nation chat was used for reporting other nation's movements, or game mechanic discussion. Chat between nations was used for taunting, or verbal warfare.

As to someone actually talking in character, those times were very rare.

Keep in mind RP is based on the player base, and this is a PvP game. Not many PvP gamers are heavily into RP, they would rather hunt down other players rather than talk like a pirate.

• While I concur with the first response, I'd like to add that I'm also an RP enthusiast as well as a PvPer and it's been my personal experience that you won't get laughed at so much if you throw a "ye" or an "Avast, me hearties!" in here and there, even among non-RPers. Sometimes, folks may respond in kind; I guess you'd say there's an air of Unofficial Casual RP to the game if nothing else.

Not sure why you can't post at least on the New User area of the forum... try filing a support ticket about it for detailed help :)