Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Louisville, KY gamers wanted for news story.

bpharris9014bpharris9014 Member CommonPosts: 36

My name is Bryan Harris and I am a reporter in Louisville, KY or the Louisville area. I work for Velocity. I am looking for people in Louisville ages 18-35 who play MMORPGs. I am especially interested in people who play/will play EQ, EQ II, WOW, EVE and CoH. If you are a female who plays MMORPGs in the Louisville area, even better.

You can reply here or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Bryan Harris
www.velocityweekly.com

Comments

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by bpharris9014

My name is Bryan Harris and I am a reporter in Louisville, KY or the Louisville area. I work for Velocity. I am looking for people in Louisville ages 18-35 who play MMORPGs. I am especially interested in people who play/will play EQ, EQ II, WOW, EVE and CoH. If you are a female who plays MMORPGs in the Louisville area, even better.
    You can reply here or e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thanks,Hmm why do you only want females?Bryan Harris
    www.velocityweekly.com

Games Played:DoAC, EQ, CoH, Lineage 2, Planetside, and Shadowbane.
    Games Playing:None:(
    Waiting For:WoW, EQII

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

He didn't say he only wanted females.. and even if he did, who cares? :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Still creepy though

• TrebekTrebek Member Posts: 266

I live in Charleston, WV. Dont know if that's too far for you, but if you are interested, send me a PM here :)

-----------------------------------
    | Final Fantasy | Free iPod |

• bpharris9014bpharris9014 Member CommonPosts: 36

We'd like to get a female source into the story because female MMORPG players are more rare than male MMORPG players and, therefore, more newsworthy. Also, the growing prominence of females in MMORPGs and video game culture in-general indicates its slow shift to "mainstream" media.

I'm not sure what's "creepy" about that. Do you not think women should be in the news?

Bryan Harris

I think they mean its creepy that you may be a perv.

My editor's name is Tom Nord. You can reach him at The Louisville Courier-Journal for verification. Feel free to ask him if I am a "perv." Or you can just search for my by-line at the url under my name.

Thanks,

Bryan Harris
    http://www.velocityweekly.com

• shoanmitchshoanmitch Member Posts: 43
    ah youi could have stole that name from the newspaper you idenity stealing perv.  Let me guess you would also like underage boys or "Girls" to e-mail you.  You are the type of person that we tell our little kilds to watch out for on the internet shame on you shame shame.image

First off, I didn't say "only women." I said we're especially trying to find female gamers. Our publication emphasizes diversity. Second off, you're way out of line calling me a pervert while I'm only trying to do my job and I take offense to it. I don't know how old you are, or what your problem is, but this is extremely offensive.

Bryan Harris

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Sadly "offensive" is the middle name of a LOT of people frequenting forums like these, one can only learn to live with it and learn to ignore.

Living in sweden I do not think I can help you though.. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Please stop acting like little children by flaming the guy. He provided credentials for you to check. Also he does have a point about female gamers being rare.

There's no need calling him a perv or whatnot. Quite frankly, he took some of your trolling comments quite well as I know if someone said that crap to you, you would all be like OMGWTF!!!!!!1.

If you have nothing good to say to him, then don't hit the reply button. 

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

I would take this guy a little more serious if he was looking for people from all areas instead of just corespondence from some one in his on area.  Espically if he is just looking for someone to contact him by e-mail.  I hate to say it but you just can not trust anyone on the net and in all seriousness I would be mad if my son or daughter contacted this guy.  Because alot of times this is how it starts hey I just want a little info about you and your interests. hey I am writing about you. hey i want to do a story about you. Gain the persons trust and then oh they would never do anything to hurt me they are my friend they wrote a story about me in the paper.  It is truly scary stuff.  It is just plain and simple to many people are harmed by people on the net everyday to not raise an eyebrow at someone posting stuff about hey contact me for any reason.  If he is not a perv, sorry for offending you but as someone that is in journalism should understand the dangers that are out there for people and you should just blow it off but if you are a perv shame on you.image

I'm looking for people from this area because the publication is a regional publication. If you want more information on me, why not ask instead of calling me names?

My name is Bryan Harris. I live at 406 Fountain Court, Louisville, KY 40208. My home phone number is (502) 635-7157. I worked for the Indiana Daily Student at Indiana University for 4 years, 1997-2001. I have about 90 college credits and no degree. I hold a Gold Circle award from Columbia University for collegiate feature writing. I have two awards from the Hoosier State Press Association for work I did while a general assignment reporter at the Peru Tribune, Peru Indiana. I have a third for work I did as a feature writer at the Logansport Pharos-Tribune, Logansport, Indiana. I am formerly the publisher of Aqui y Ahora of Logansport, IN and of The Ville Magazine of Louisville, KY. I am currently a freelance reporter for Velocity, Business First and Louisville Magazine in Louisville, KY. I am 27 years-old. I have 2 EVE characters, 1 EQ character and 1 L2 character, though I don't play EQ or L2 anymore. My dog is a bull mastiff and his name is Gabe. My favorite actor is Marlon Brando. I grill out about 3 days per week in the summer, and only with charcoal. I have a Cyborg EVO joy stick. I don't watch television, but I listen to NPR almost all day. My halloween costume this year consists of a carnivale mask and a red velvet cloak over a black off-the-rack suit and orange shirt from The Limited. I hate shoes and typically wear sandals. I eat cashews compulsively. I own an SUV but I don't drive it becaue of the gas prices and the war. I am a democrat. My favorite band is Outkast. I volunteered for four hours at the St. James Court Art Show this year. The most recent book I read was "A Storm of Swords" by George R R Martin.

So, "Shoanmitch," who are you?

Bryan Harris

• FlipmodeFlipmode Member Posts: 224

Outkast is a band?

fire ze missilez!1111

fire ze missilez!1111

I never asked for your personal information which anyone should know that you should not post on an open forumn it is just asking for bad things.  I am a father of two little kids that I am raising to think twice about people requesting information on the internet.  And as a gamer you should go in person to the local game stores if you want to interview people for a "regional article".  Also if you want it to be a regional thing why not post an add in your paper and stop people on the street.  I understand that you are trying to do research but you should have asked for posts through this forumn where anominity is everywhere.  By posting your phone number which i doubt is real you open yourself up to what ever bored kid that feels like calling you at all hours of night to wake you up and bug you.  Any adult knows that you never post your phone number out for everyone in the world to get it.  I still stick to the fact that there is way to many people out there trying to do more harm than good.  I truly hope you will edit your post to remove your address and phone number but then again I doubt you would post your info like that.  And like i said if you are not a perv then blow it off and forget about it i did say sory if you were not, but if you are and you know if you are then shame on you.

oh and outkast is a rap group not a band. image

• eLeMenT^eLeMenT^ Member Posts: 41

ur nto a reporter i am come to my house little boys i wud liek to sex u and since u gave ur number im gonna put it on numerous website so u get flooded BUMBUBUBM!!1

And the number does not belong to brian harris it belongs to someone with the last name White  and first initial F.  image  So much for oh this is who I am

There is no F. White living here but, whatever. If you don't think I'm me, why don't you just call me and ask? You said all these untruths about me and my character, you flat out lied about me, and I tell you exactly who I am and where I live, even give you my employment history, and you're still trashing me. I don't understand what your problem is.

Unlike you, I am not afraid for people to know exactly who I am and exactly what I am doing.

In any event, I am still a reporter from Louisville, KY and I am still looking for sources for my article which will be on the front of the Dec. 15 issue of Velocity about people who play MMORPGs. If you live in the Louisville area and would like to participate, please leave a reply here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Bryan Harris

Who would stand in a video game store all day asking people if they play MMORPGs when I can just sit right here in my office and ask people in public forums? I don't work by the hour, I work by the word, and I don't get paid extra for killing a day at the mall.

Bryan Harris

• DoctorRatDoctorRat Member Posts: 54

Maybe someone who doesen't want to get mobbed because of how suspicious they sound. To be honest the thread starting post did sound very, very shady.

I'd actually suggest a game store over a forum. For one you won't get overrun by concerned gamers, and approaching someone up front is... slightly less creepy.

No need to get defensive, though.

• AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357

Bryan,

The simple fact is this... You are not wanted here. Leave.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Life is an inch. An inch we crawl everyday. -Me

Cartman has a big fat ass!

Easier done than said. You just screwed somebody, and mmorpg.com, out of a good opportunity. I hope you people are happy with yourselves.

Bryan

Ok guys, put down the torches and pitch forks, I think he's gone. Now let's all head back to the elitist clubhouse and celebrate keeping the internet clean of all who oppose the nerd-dom!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

In sum: Hahaha - fuck you. I win.

Cheers,

Bryan
    If you are holding all that anger inside and feel the need to come to an old thread so you can brag and tell a few faceless, nameless internet people "off" for an old article where you could have just shrugged off their inquiries, then I strongly suspect you haven't won a thing.

Asheram
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo