Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATLANTICA ONLINE /moved

vircotovircoto Member Posts: 27

Being a huge fan of mmos ill try most of them at one  point or another but tend to steer clear of free ones, apart from guild wars and sword of the new world which were ok for free and i enjoyed.  So with some positive articles in magazines i though i would try atlantica online and all i can say is what a breath of fresh air to my hard drive i couldnt stop playing it last night. All i can say is give it a go guys and gals its a really good alterative to war , wow , lotr etc ( im still playing these games too ). dont want to review it as ive not played nearly enough of this game , but just needed to express how i feel.

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

I t doesn't feel like a mmorpg at all. Its more like a turn based strtategy game. And not a very good one at that.

• vircotovircoto Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by ghoul31

I t doesn't feel like a mmorpg at all. Its more like a turn based strtategy game. And not a very good one at that.

Your view is welcome thank you

anybody else feel like this ? any positive feedback? all feedback welcome.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

No its a good game......It is a nice change from the typical WoW clone and the turn based is a nice change from tank and spank......I think its a solid alternative and its free.....You just have to accept that alot of people on the boards have prejudice against certain things and arent going to like them....You can say words like "f2p" and" turn based" and some people wont like it no matter what it is like......Also there are rumors that some people have problems running it well and that may lead to a bad experience also..... Alot of people think just because they can run WOW that they can run anything and thats just not the case..... What I learned here is that you can listen to others opinions but you have to try alot of things and make your own opinions....If you enjoy the game that is all that counts...Dont let others talk you out of your enjoyment.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I'd give it a try, but so much stupid viral marketing pretending to be honest oppinions from players is pissing me off.

• raizzeenraizzeen Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by ghoul31

do you even know the meaning of what a mmorpg is? are games where you push buttons 1-9 and loot dead bodys the only mmorpg for you? my god the stupidity hell a game can have no combat at all or even fps combat and still be a mmorpg and the ammount of people playing this games and the ratings says otherwise

Originally posted by altairzq

I'd give it a try, but so much stupid viral marketing pretending to be honest oppinions from players is pissing me off.

Are you refering to me ? i can assure you i just wanted to give a honest view of something i wouldnt  normally try ! nothing viral about it !!

• TuutobTuutob Member Posts: 607

I've steered clear of games like Last Choas and the like because I've heard of the poor customization, grinding, cash shop corruption etc. I decided to try this one because I thought it was an interesting concept.

It's probably a good game compared to the other free MMO's out there, but I just can't stand turn based fighting. Honestly if I wanted turn-based fighting I'd probably stick with console RPG's.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

This is an outstanding game and now we can really classify mmos into 2 payment categories; macro-transaction and micro-transaction.

A macro-transaction game like Age of Conan requires a large upfront entertainment investment of $50 for the box and $15/month to even get a sense, beyond the second week of game-play wheter the title is worth.

A micro-transaction game like Atlantica Online does NOT have an item mall where players can buy their way to progress or power, but augments their game-play enjoyment by providing simple game-play enhancements like a 30-day teleportation scroll or a mount or a 50% exp gain for an adventuring party for an hour or so; not over the top and not uber gear purcahses.

So, not only do emerging micro-transaction games like Atlantica Online and Runes of Magic have a dedicated, experienced and active development staff, they are running much more efficiently than Western Titles by progressively adding content ahead of player advancements, adding to the epic nature of their games, it seems, and in return, satisfied subscribers can contribute to thier titles by making micro-transactions rather than hoping that the advertising and hype that drew you into a game like WAR, AoC or PotBS and the money you spent upfront is worth it.  In my opinion with the afformentioned pay-to-play relases, it certainly wasnt.

Sort of places the consumer in the drivers seat rather than being bated by a developer or publisher.

• candymuffinscandymuffins Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by altairzq

99% of the opinions I have read on here are obviously from real people.  Not sure if you mean the strange stuff on the ratings page though.

A lot of people have said that there is no way a game like this could possibly be getting the amount of hype it is unless there was some fraud involved. 

Now, I normally don't get involved in the BS that goes on here, but this time I decided to step in because I feel that FINALLY a gaming company has made a step in the right direction and should get a big pat on the back.  I am so tired of all the WoW clones out there and other pointless grindfests that when I came across this game I was really surprised and happy.

I am even guilty of not giving this game a chance the first time I looked at it.  I assumed the same thing most people did -- only difference here is I am willing to admit that I made an assumption and as it turned out, that assumption was dead wrong.  I decided to take another look when people from MMORPG.com had it nominated along side the big boys. 

There is a reason people are willing to defend this game.  It isn't because we are getting paid, or we are bots, or whatever other silly reason you can think of.  It's because we actually believe in this game and their developers.

After so many disappointments *cough* WAR *cough* it feels good to be able to stand behind a game and support it.

Originally posted by Tuutob

I've steered clear of games like Last Choas and the like because I've heard of the poor customization, grinding, cash shop corruption etc. I decided to try this one because I thought it was an interesting concept.
    It's probably a good game compared to the other free MMO's out there, but I just can't stand turn based fighting. Honestly if I wanted turn-based fighting I'd probably stick with console RPG's.

To be honest i thought i wouldnt like the turn based combat too, but i kinda like it ! i think its cause its so different from what on offer elsewere at the moment.

All in all its a nice diversion that i think ill play every now and then for a change and break from  the norm if its not your cup of tea fair enough, its not for everyone. As i said though it will not be my main mmo just a good alterative i still prefer eve as my main with lotr, wow and war closely following.

Anyway have a great new year what ever you play or looking to play ( jumpgate cough cough) may your gold/isk be plentyfull and above all have fun .

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

I'm not a huge fan of F2P games, but this game did steal away my attention for a few weeks.  I'm not sure what it is, but F2p games never have the same "feeling", immersiveness, or production/polish that P2P games have.  Some are better then others, and Atlantica online is fun, but it still had the f2p "taste".. as did ROM, which is also a step in the right direction for f2p mmos.  They still have small worlds, little customization, linear progression in quests/zones/armor, a sometime funky translation, and a poorly flesh out in the Lore/World catageory.  They're fun to play every once and a while, but I could never invest the time that I do in WoW/LOTRO/EQ2 or even Guild Wars.  There has never been any "satisfaction" in F2P games that I get from P2P games.. At least all the currently released ones.. Although they are definately improving.

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

wow, you all have said a lot..

just play a game if you like it.. dont play it if you dont like it...

i dont care about mmorpg genres..  i just play what for me is playable...