Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End-Day 2012

2»

Comments

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by eagles12555

Originally posted by Zorvan

If true, I would go with polar shifts. We are at  the right junction in the global timeline for another one to happen. And the rapidly changing temperatures world wide could very well point to this.

lawl fail. What makes the weather today any different from the ice age or one of the hundreds of climate spikes in the earths history. The earth hasnt always stayed the same temperature. over thousands and thousands of years the temperature is bound to have lots of cold spikes and hot spikes in it.. i.e. uhh. the ice age..?

I don't get it, you just proved Zorvans point... kinda.

I mean, an Ice Age right now could perfectly mean the death of 3/4 of the human populations. It would sure be the end of the wolrd for them.

As you said, the earth temerature changes from time to time. And this changes can make it more or less habitable, like in an Ice Age.

• Aka-ShadowsAka-Shadows Member Posts: 188

If it was just a scam, it would not be referenced through news and ETC.

The new years ball had to be changed to drop one second earlier this year. And it was linked with global warming.

Soverign Malus some call me
    Blood hound is what other's say.
    I shall crush all opponents
    Father Death, Chaos Lord Rains tyranny.
    blanket of shadow, steel sword kissed by the blood of the unworthy. Foes Fall, Fields Of Red.
    - Soverign Malus " Father Death" Forever Shadow Sect.

Originally posted by bluesession

If true, I would go with polar shifts. We are at  the right junction in the global timeline for another one to happen. And the rapidly changing temperatures world wide could very well point to this.

lawl fail. What makes the weather today any different from the ice age or one of the hundreds of climate spikes in the earths history. The earth hasnt always stayed the same temperature. over thousands and thousands of years the temperature is bound to have lots of cold spikes and hot spikes in it.. i.e. uhh. the ice age..?

I mean, an Ice Age right now could perfectly mean the death of 3/4 of the human populations. It would sure be the end of the wolrd for them.

As you said, the earth temerature changes from time to time. And this changes can make it more or less habitable, like in an Ice Age.

Im not to SAVY on zorvans point but, with such a high point of temp influx. Things will balance out, when that happens it will be horrific.

The statement I heard was that, if earth has had more then one ice age. Then we have had 32 exact possibly.

blanket of shadow, steel sword kissed by the blood of the unworthy. Foes Fall, Fields Of Red.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by Aka-Shadows

The new years ball had to be changed to drop one second earlier this year.

no it didn't

(and for the record just because you see something in the news, doesn't mean it should be believed 100%)

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Aka-Shadows

The-END, Could and probably is just a hoax. But I believe things are falling into place. Nothing bad has happen'ed on earth for a " Very Long Time." So are time is due.
    Eagles 1522
    http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2766/globalwarmingchart8vi.jpg

Dating 1000 Years, That is no normal spike.

But it only proves global warming, I believe it will be us people. Earth will become weak, it will die, at our hands.
    But when...the question that will not be answered untill the real dooms-day.

No we won't kill the earth.

Keanu Reves will stop us.

But really there is no reason not to think that the Earth hasn't had temp spikes. That goes back what 500 rs?If were gna go with a science timeline the Earth is millions of years old and thats like a tiny speck on the whole thing of what we know.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by Scalebane

So what's the next end time gonna be when this doesn't happen?
    i'm curious as to what happen's to all these endtimer's when the end of days actually doesn't happen.

Maybe so, but when the end of the world does finally happen, the endtimer's will have the last laugh.  Won't they?

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I didn't bother reading through the whole thread because I know there's some moron who posted something that will tick me off into a rant. So, I skipped it.

Anyways, the ending of the Mayan calander doesn't mean the world will end. From what they can tell it means "A changing of times" this could mean a changing of religious seasons. It could be a special religious celebration. Or how about this one, the people ran out of rock.

As for Norstrodomous (SP?) everything he says is SO vague you can't take any of it for anything. I know, the thing about "Hister". Did you forget about the "Ister" river? Just as close to "Hister" as "Hitler" is.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

i'm curious as to what happen's to all these endtimer's when the end of days actually doesn't happen.

Maybe so, but when the end of the world does finally happen, the endtimer's will have the last laugh.  Won't they?

No, they'll be dead along with everyone else. Everything ends.  Predicting the inevitable has no value. The closest thing to something being endless is the universe itself and that is speculated to restart.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Inzra

Did anyone consider that the reason for the calender ending at 2012 could be because they didn't bother going any further...?

or they ran out of room. at any rate, i agree with you.

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Zindaihas

No, they'll be dead along with everyone else. Everything ends.  Predicting the inevitable has no value. The closest thing to something being endless is the universe itself and that is speculated to restart.

Maybe I just didnt understand correctly, but how is the universe going to restart.

• eagles12555eagles12555 Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by bluesession

hm i think i quoted the wrong person for the first post. but you get my point i hope. im saying for all of the people in the world that think this might be the end of the world because of climate change, there have been a lot of temp spikes in earths history and living organisms found a way to get through them. if a freaking squirrel or whatever can get through an ice age im pretty sure humans with our technology can get through one. And i apologize to  Zorvan if i quoted the wrong postt

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

The only other date I know of after the 2012 date that has been predicted by anyone of importance is 2060.  That is the year that Sir Isaac Newton wrote down on a scrap of paper that he was holding when he died.  That date was based on calculations he made after studying the Book of Daniel.  I have read Daniel several times and don't know how he arrived at the year 2060.  But then again, I didn't invent calculus, so my math is a little rusty.

2060 is still a ways off, so if 2012 doesn't come to pass as the end of the world, get comfortable and smoke 'em if you got 'em.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

You guys just dont seem to get it... the OP is on to something, the world is coming to an end in 2012, and you should do everything you can to protect yourself....starting with purchasing one of my tried and tested, "Armageddon Protection kit". It can protect you and only you from the end of days.

Within each AP Kit contains a:

1955 Wooden school desk - too protect you from all flying debris and large UFOs

Industrial spool of Duct Tape -  you cant go wrong with duct tape, the more the better. You can keep out everything from nuclear radiation too the 4 horsemen with enough duct tape.

Chewing gum - Cherry flavored, just because

All for the great low, LOW price of 19.99

(chewing gum not included)

If you want to be safe, order my Armageddon Protection kit!

Call - 1888 IWILLSURVIVE

(Shipping and handling not included, may or may not protect you from the end of the world.)

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• OpticaleyeOpticaleye Member Posts: 498

Well the end of the world is a big question isnt it.

Remember y2k?Not a whole lot happened.

I always find it funny how men attempt to predict a number that only god knows.Even if you dont beleive in god you have to admit that a prediction of this sort defies a manmade calculation.

What is your physical limit?