Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The current state of her players

ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

So I have a topic near and dear to my heart. Does anyone else have a problem with people who play this game. Not any sect of people per se, but the group of individuals that make this game not fun. This was said in another thread:

Originally posted by xantho10

try ausra its fun and has friendly people if you can't get on odin that is

Originally posted by ic0n67

don't try asura you will find the biggest bunch of elitists, pricks, and assholes in the game. go to odin

Originally posted by xantho10

maybe for you it was but i find it very friend and i have a lot friend on there

For instance, just last night I was leveling in a spot for a good 2-3 hours and another party comes in and wants our camp. After I pointed out that they were camping on top of us and there is another camp a little ways in, the response I got was (paraphrased) "tough shit." To which they precede to pull 3 mobs at a time and clear the area out. So they move towards the other camp, but when repops happen they come back and do it again. So basically my party crumbles because of some selfish asshole. Again ... Welcome to Asura ... go play on Odin.

GMs can't (won't) do shit about something like this. There is no pvp and nothing would happen if you report them so you can't police the game yourself. Just making a group of pretentious elitists, pricks, and assholes. If this kid tried this in real life he would have gotten a hockey stick to his face and wouldn't have tried it again (and if he did all the more fun for me).

Now this doesn't happen very often so anyone who wants to try the game and read this, don't let it discourage you. For some reason these people find me -- and thus find my hockey stick -- even in real life. I'm sure that you can come and play this game and never experience anything bad.

Back in the day before they changed the despawning it happened a little more often. For those of you who don't know back when the game was first out if you pulled a mob to the zone (for whatever reason). The mob would walk back to its spawn point and aggro and/or link with anything it would if it were pulled. So for instance if you pulled a crawler from the "secret camp" (quoted becuase it isn't exactly a secret anymore) in the Crawlers Nest and pull him to the zone he would link with all the other crawlers along the way and you'd have 15 mobs a the zone slowly walking back as others zoned in for a party. Thus there was more chomping than a Pac-Man game. Also if they made it back they would also interupt any party that happened to be in the way since the one from the basement is aggressive.

Accidents happen and most people were very sorry when it happened. Others did it on purpose and this was called Moster Player Killing or MPK for those of you that might have heard the term, but never knew what it was. People used to do it to other parties when they claimed an NM that the group that missed the claim got made and wanted it, Fafnir/Nidhogg in particular. Others would do it because they were wrong and were exacting revenge.

Not the best of methods to be honest with you, I never did it on purpose (there was a crab and a sneak that wore without warning), but it was a way to police yourself. Another party comes and tries to take your camp you MPK them and then continue on your work. Granted I'm sure that in my particualr case above the asshole would have just MPKed us to take the camp and stood on our dead bodies.

And on the topic of Fafnir and Nidhogg. I don't know if anyone actually camps these guys anymore, I gave up doing kings after waiting for 3 hours in a zone only to have it get claimed by cheaters. I got tired of being beaten by people who don't play by the rules. People use bots of all kinds, fishing bots, voking/claim bots, lotting bots, speed hacks. I know a girl who actaully had a healing bot. A level 75 WHM that would follow whoever it had targetted and cure when HP got too low. Not another character to powerlevel, there you actaully have to do the healing. It was a bot that did everything for her. I have not seen her in a long time so I hope she got busted for it.

I know people who take out the .dat file for Mayflys so they game doesn't know they exist and thus Darters don't show up on your screen when trying to claim Fafnir. I know people who buy gil. I know people who use windower. And yes windower is a cheat, the only justification for using it is that you can run the game windowed and since you can now do that in game windower is not needed. And anyone who justifies it with Final Fantasy Windowed Mode lags your game is full of shit because I use windowed mode and the only time I start to lag in at the Whitegate AH because for some reason hanging out in front of the AH is the thing to do and/or I'm running iTunes in the background. I suggest shutting down bit torrent while playing.

People cheat and nothing ever happens. I caught a guy in Mount Zhayolm using a speed hack while mining. Everytime he went past my party he was "Fleeing." I took it as a coinidence since he could have been fleeing each time he came past, except a few times he would do it he'd be back in less than 5 minutes. Which frankly is impossible since the /recast of Flee is 5:00. Reported and the guy just speed hacked to his hearts content the rest of the night. Nothing happened. The GM could have phased in and stood there with a watch to timed his laps like I was. I'd love to be a GM ... "Hello!' "What is the problem" "That suck" "Anything Else I can do?" "Good bye" and then sit on my ass and get paid for it. What a job.

Even when you do try and police yourself there is alway some schmuck in the game that know he can be a schmuck and contiue schmuckdom. My Dynamis shell attempts to schedule Dynamis for a lot of Asura. If you want to claim a zone at a certain time you can go to their website and see if it is open and stake your claim. Awesome idea. Have a scheduled time where you can say group X is doing zone Y so when group Z shows up at the same time there isn't a fight ... group X schduled. It would be great if SE got the hint and did something like this themselves ... or even better INSTANCES. Well ... not everyone like to follow the rules and another group showed up and hour earlier and sniped the zone we were going to do that day for us. Why? Because the leader wanted to get a particular piece of gear. So basically we try to police ourselves by having a schedule out there, but we throw that all away because someone wants to be a selfish prick. And because it isn't offical and we can't do anything to police ourselves better in game the selfish prick wins. It is a great great lesson for the kiddies: "Be and asshole and you will win. Be the good guy and get shat on by said asshole"

I could could keep going on the topic of self linkshell leaders ....

I guess my question to everyone is: Do other people have similar problems on other servers? Do you think the game would be better with a certain set of rules that the adventurers should agree to and abide by when first playing? Better enforcement of the EUA? Would it be better for the players to police themselves since the GMs can't (won't) do anything about it?

This image kinda says it all:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/ic0n67/other/20040319-1.jpg

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Oh yes many problems within the player base,it is EVERYWHERE.I have quit the game 3x,i have not played in 6+ months,actually 8+ i only logged in for a few days never really did anything.

I have a buddy who pointed something out to me,that may well be the truth.This game and all other games are a lot more fun ,when you know nothing,basically blind to everything that goes on around you.The reason is because there is nothing for you to get pissed off about,just walk around blind.

Well how true that is,seems every game is good when you join as a noob,then after you learn the ropes and really understand the player base and game mechanics,you get real annoyed.Simple example,you join a new guild,you see lots of people you think great.It might take several months,but then you start to realize the leader is kissing ass to some members,or some members are just "me me  me "never to help anyone back.

That was just a simple example,doesn't happen all the time but it does,all the little things can really grow on you ,like the OP said ,GM's ignore you,other groups try their best to piss you off.I love how soon players forget their routes in the game it is a joke.Take Garleige,a VERY popular leveling spot,EVERYONE has been through there.Well all of a sudden you get these idiot BST come in there and wipe everything out.There is VERY few zones for players to level and parties are not about to high tail it all over VAnadiel everytiem a BST shows up.The yare showing no respect to other players,and know dam wel lthey can level just about anywhere,but instead the ychose to remove the fodder from 1/2 maybe 3 parties.

All of it exists only in FFXI?no way,the players are like this in EVERY game,you will NEVER escape it.Sad really because it makes players that are normally respectful to the game and others,turn sour and look for REVENGE or ways to get even,creating a whole game of idiots.I would say it took FFXI a LOT longer to get this way than most other games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DaggitDaggit Member Posts: 16

Only problem I have is the giant wall of signature that crits me when I read your posts, OP 

Hehehe, as for FFxi, I tend to stay pretty much to myself even when playing in groups. My favorite groups are the JP groups that I get from time to time because its all about buisness time, no talking, no bitching, no one opening their mouth showing me how stupid they are..... just exp grinding with the JP's 

Have I had any problem in FFxi? sure, but not near as many as WoW, what with all the 12 year olds 

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

You really hate asura don't you?

But seriously, With level sync going on, most good camp are pretty pack, camps like lesser collibri.

On every server there will be pricks soloing lesser collibri for latent when they can open more camps.

But people doesn't.

Everywhere is the same. There is no better server or worser server, its all just your luck and the way you dealt with it.

none

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

Where was the original post for this? :)