Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most in-demand classes for raiding guilds?

BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

I'm curious as to what the most in-demand classes are as of current for raiding guilds. The classes that you typically hear people on vent saying "I wish we had more *insert class here*".  The classes that have little to no difficulty getting into raiding guilds.

At the end of the day, I could care less what role I play, whether it be DPS, healer, tank, CC. I'm more interested in class demand. Perhaps a top 3 list from some of our more experienced raiders? 

Thanks!

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Depends on which server and guild.

On Antonia Bayle, you mostly see people asking for Coecers, Troubadours, and Brigands to guest on their raids.

Your best bet is to pick a server, find a guild that hasn't already got a full force, then ask them what they need. EQ2 has been around a long time and most guilds have their full-time raid crew and substitutes.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

I would place my bet on Illy's, Coercers, Troubies and Dirges. Although I've seen quite a few needing a Mystic/Defiler.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Also understand that TSO has turned things upside down some, let alone the pending Fighter 2.0 changes will (which maybe the real death knell to EQ2, as it'll screw up too many classes).

If you have TSO, the #1 cry I saw before I left were for plate healers (chain and leather healers, secondary). Chat was full of such cries. Which means Templars and Inquistors are currently in demand for level 80 shard instance runs.

But like I said, Fighter 2.0 will be changing the way classes are going to fight, and how the support classes will support them. So be wary of leveling a class that will be worthless "end-game" in a few months.

• zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114

Do you have a link showing that fighter 2.0?  I have yet to see or hear about this

Originally posted by zandwarf

Do you have a link showing that fighter 2.0?  I have yet to see or hear about this

That's basically just a catchphrase for the hate rebalance. As it stands now, Guardians have gone from being the most able to hold hate to being the worst. In order to balance this out, alterations will need to be made to all classes that have any kind of hate transfer.

You can find a bit more info here.

• zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by darwa

That's basically just a catchphrase for the hate rebalance. As it stands now, Guardians have gone from being the most able to hold hate to being the worst. In order to balance this out, alterations will need to be made to all classes that have any kind of hate transfer.

Gah!  Link is broken =(

But thanks for explaining this too me.  I was un aware of the change.

Originally posted by darwa

Gah!  Link is broken =(

But thanks for explaining this too me.  I was un aware of the change.

The link was valid when I posted it. I guess it was getting rather heated in there. lol

Search the official boards for posts by Aeralik. He's the dev dealing with this.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

Bards and Defilers ... most raid guilds need one more bard or a defiler to put them over the top.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

like someone pointed out it depends on server but as a general rule i say troub and dirge as most raids would like to have one or other in group.another class in huge demand even if you only really need 1 or 2 per raid is defiler as very few people play this class and they are pretty much a must to have one per raid really.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Every guild on Oasis that raids is looking for utiltiy.

Illy's, Coercers, Bards.  Also many look for defilers, but all will take an intelligent player that plays their class well.