Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have some questions

What is turned base combat?

Is this a bad ass game?

good character customization?

Im thinking about doing this game or going back to wow or try lord of the rings...im not sure if you know anything about those two games i would like to hear why you liked it or didnt like it.

Comments

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314
    Originally posted by pacashe109

Is this a bad ass game?
    Im thinking about doing this game or going back to wow or try lord of the rings...im not sure if you know anything about those two games i would like to hear why you liked it or didnt like it.

turn based combat i think is a battle mode like that of final fantasy, you attack, wait for another persons attack/turn then you again...

bad ass? what do you mean? haha what you do here is kill monsters do quests, play in the free league, bet on the arena.. a lot of things you can do here...

character customization is minimal.. what you can do here is change the equipment or gear of your character and it will turn out as your appearance, the shield, armors, boots and weapons...

• candymuffinscandymuffins Member Posts: 22

Is this a bad ass game?

This seems like it is a Love it or Hate it type game.  Either you will love this game and think it is a needed break from the WoW clones, or you'll hate it because it isn't like the other WoW clones. (Generalizing here based on posts made on the topic of why people don't like this game)

I have played both of the games you mentioned.  WoW since beta and LoTRO in beta and a little after.  This game is not like either.  It is a turn based strategy game more than an RPG in my opinion.  Sure you play a character but there isnt a specific character building system or storyline to fit that build. 

Does this mean it is bad? Not at all.  It is just different than most other games out there right now.  Instead of leveling up one character you end up leveling several.  Some people find that this is time consuming and not something they want to do.  I personally love that I can play every class in the game.

In the end, just give it a try, but please --PLEASE-- before passing judgment give the game a little time.  The newbie area or even the starter area wont give you a real idea of what the game has to offer till about 15 and even then it is just the tip of the iceberg.

• GanJaBakerGanJaBaker Member Posts: 14

Is this a bad ass game?

I've played LOTRO and WoW .. and countless others. Atlantica is very solid and the best Free-to-Play Item Mall format game I've played. If my PC didn't crash every hour in LOTRO, I would be playing that -- but I plan to stick with Atlantica for now - until Diablo 3.

It is a bad ass game, because you get to play all the character types and use all the different skills. You can craft in several areas. There are 10-15 different things to do at any time just after 20-25 lvls of play ... very helpful community.

Turn Based Combat just means that you tell each of your mercenaries what to do.. they do it.. then the computer or other player does the same and back and forth until the match is over. Each fight is a little longer than traditional MMORPG but you are killing 6-27 monsters with each go, so you enter fewer fights.

• pacashe109pacashe109 Member Posts: 41

thank you all for the help i think i might try it out

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Everyone else pretty much gave it to ya straight up but im going to add a few things.

The interface is a bit clunky and they like stuff popping up on the screen. If you can handle that your good to go.

Try to keep your mailbox empty. The gold spammers getting pretty bad ATM. If something is sent to your mailbox and you mailbox is full you may not recieve it.

Stay away from guilds and nations till you higher up. Be wary of grouping with people in guilds or nation currently under war. Make sure you ask or you can find yourself in a sticky situation.

Do not start crafting right away , it is a major money sink. Stick to Food , Medicine and Ring. These three will be needed later in the game.

Bob

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Everyone before me has pretty much summed up the game.  Only thing I would add is that if you're looking for something other than your same old style MMORPG, then look no further.  This game is totally different from anything in the MMORPG world.  It has a very nostalgic feel to it. Reminds me of the old Final Fantasy games.  You and your merry band of mercenaries run around the world and fight monsters and save it a couple of times from darkness.  It's more than that though, since crafting is pretty nice, especially later on in the game, and It's still growing.  There are still new mercenaries coming.  In the end, there will be about 25-30 mercenaries you can get, if they keep the same numbers of D and C grade mercenaries, and add the same numbers of B and A grade mercenaries.  Very customizable in that aspect. 

As for your main character's customizing, this is really the only part that is lacking in the game.  When you make your character you get to choose from 4-6 faces, 4-6 hairstyles, 3 hair colors, male/female, and weapon.  The nice thing about this game is that you can use different armor at each level.  Unlike other games where it's everywhere wear this armor at level 20, and this armor at level 30.  This game you can wear level 1 armor until you're 50 if you upgrade it to the maximum.  You can mix and match the armor sets by upgrading lower level ones.  Even if you cannot afford the costly upgrades for the really high armors, don't fret, since armor and weapons don't play that huge of a role.  Yes if you have better armor, you will do better, but Strategy trumps all.

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

so pacashe109, what server are you playing at? im at the argos server...

tell us when you are already playing...

• ricojpunoricojpuno Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by BobRoss

Everyone else pretty much gave it to ya straight up but im going to add a few things.
    The interface is a bit clunky and they like stuff popping up on the screen. If you can handle that your good to go.
    Try to keep your mailbox empty. The gold spammers getting pretty bad ATM. If something is sent to your mailbox and you mailbox is full you may not recieve it.
    Stay away from guilds and nations till you higher up. Be wary of grouping with people in guilds or nation currently under war. Make sure you ask or you can find yourself in a sticky situation.
    Do not start crafting right away , it is a major money sink. Stick to Food , Medicine and Ring. These three will be needed later in the game.
    Bob

just to add.. choose a rightful mentor.. who would really help you through the game.. dont be scammed by some strangers telling they will give you precious items or gold just to be your mentor.. one of the best way is choose from someone with in your guild..

• candymuffinscandymuffins Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by ricojpuno

Originally posted by BobRoss

Bob

just to add.. choose a rightful mentor.. who would really help you through the game.. dont be scammed by some strangers telling they will give you precious items or gold just to be your mentor.. one of the best way is choose from someone with in your guild..

Very true.

Mentors get 200,000g when you hit 30, so it seems a lot of them try to randomly get as many as they can as a way to earn an income while not providing the person with any help.  Some of them will argue with you also when you say no, so be prepared to defend yourself or put someone on ignore if they get fiesty :)

• ericfroctusoericfroctuso Member Posts: 5

there was a quest that gave me a headache.. it was the quest on taj mahal that i have to craft 20 multi hued crystal shards.. the raw materials are so expensive, i had to borrow gold from a friend just to do that crafting.. but dont be intimidated by that.. the item that you will recieve will be a great help for your character.. its just so expensive to do