Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BF Heroes ... Is it cancelled?

Was suppose to be out in summer 2008.  And if you look at the fan sites... thats what they still say.  Yet it is about to be 2009 and this game apears to effectivly canceled.   No?

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

BF Heroes?  I don't know what the "BF" stands for and I'm not even going to ask.

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

Battle-Field

(Has BF really fallen so far that kds today don't even know they exist?)

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

As in like, the Battlefield series?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• forinboyforinboy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Its almost new years day so I am not going to look it up, but wasnt this supposed to be a console title?  Didnt think it was going to exist for PC but I could be wrong.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

It was just delayed to early 2009, that's all.

And no, it was never announced for consoles. Consoles got their own version of Battlefield called Battlefield: Bad Company

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Blomi

Was suppose to be out in summer 2008.  And if you look at the fan sites... thats what they still say.  Yet it is about to be 2009 and this game apears to effectivly canceled.   No?

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

No its going to be released in 09..

I was following this till they mentioned they will have only 16 player per server. Too small for my taste, not even worth the download to me, so i pretty much quit following it now.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by pencilrick

BF Heroes?  I don't know what the "BF" stands for and I'm not even going to ask.

Battlefield Heroes (BF1942, BF2, BF2142)

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

What I can't understand about this is why on earth did EA buy what is in many peoples eye is the worlds finest fps studio and ip and then set them to work making browser gamers?? Insane.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

It a Team fortress rip off if you ask me , more battefield2 gameplay but the look and style is totally a TF2 clone .

Still the game looks fun , i love playing TF2 from time to time .

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other. WW2 is a great setting for a sandbox type vehicle FPS because the vehicles are slow and fighter planes are actually fun to use. Also, with it being free to play and playable on most systems, it means there will always be a large population to play with. Throw in the level of customization and addition of simple but fun game mechanics and you have one hell of a game. BF:1942 is on my list of best games ever. Mainly this was because of the Desert Combat mod, but a mod usually needs a great game to be any good itself. BF2 never really did anything for me and Bad Company kind of blew. I actually never played the futuristic one, but I remember Vietnam also blew. They are going back to basics which is what they should be doing. EA needs to take a lesson from them when it comes to UO and MMORPGs.

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

...BF2 never really did anything for me and Bad Company kind of blew. I actually never played the futuristic one, but I remember Vietnam also blew.

The futuristic one (BF2042) was actually pretty fun.  They added a new game type where you had to infiltrate the enemy hovering base and blow the core.  Check out the demo, its a blast.   

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

Blodpls, it's not a browser game. You need to download it and install it and run it. It was also DICE's choice from all of what I've read and I'm not much for crackpot theories with no backing evidence.

The Battlefield series was a jump forward in gaming, offering very large battles with land, air and sea combat. With features like a Commander and squads (the commander pretty much playing an RTS) it was a groundbreaking series.

Battlefield Heroes is breaking away from the style of all the others and going back to one of DICE's first games. With the cartoony style (which is not a rip-off of TF2. Any FPS that chooses a cartoony style doesn't mean it's a TF2 rip-off) which is based off of DICE's earlier title Codename Eagle. Much of the game is based from the eariler two Codename Eagle and Battlefiel 1942 which are going back to more arcade style play than the realistic style we've been seeing. Battlefield Heroes will also be totally free to play with an RMT shop for clothing. Instead of first-person like the rest have been, BFHeroes will be in a third-person (or behind the player) viewpoint.

It will be released mid 2009 as closed beta comes to an end.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein