Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like the members on this site?

SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224

I'm bored and I'm gonna make some polls.

Comments

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

Yes, i don't dislike people because they have an opinion that may not mesh with my own.

• SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Yes, i don't dislike people because they have an opinion that may not mesh with my own.

that's a great view on life.  you can use that one everywhere you go ; )

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

not really, all i hear fron this site is moan moan moan...argue argue argue..troll troll troll

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Swiftblade13Swiftblade13 Member Posts: 638

some of the people here are great, others not so great.   Some of the ignorant things people say here really drive me nuts (like some of the things people like to say about WoW)

Grymm
    MMO addict in recovery!
    EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
    Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202

I like the people here. Really. I think it's a very good comunity composed in a good chunk by good experience gamers that are still looking for their definitive MMO. The kind of gamer that tries all the MMO that have  been released.

Tasters, critics.

I mean, really, here anyone can have an opinion. Yes, you may get flamed, but nobody is going to insult your mama, or just post "Dumbledore dies".

Everytime someone post is their opinion. When people post they are usually ready to back it up.

Also, even if we have gamers of all ages, I think we somehow have a comunity united by tastes. Even if we differ in the exterior we all like the same. We like to play with people, against people or both.

We are a comunity that enjoys spending time with people. And thats why i don't get all the complains we get.

We moan... ok yes, a lot of us have complained on how shitty games have been this last years, but thats not moaning, thats just a justifed reaction to the events that have occured.

In other words, do you have anything else to talk about regarding MMORPS? I mean, WAR was THE NEXT BIG THING. and failed. AoC Promised too. didn't deliver. It has been a year of failure for the genre.

And for the last, we don't bitch. Really we don't. I mean, we just think wow forums.

So cheers

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

I'm mixed.

I like the people on this site because they bring a variety of perspectives from many different styles of gaming.  I never would have tried DDO, or EQ2, or Eve (which I eventually stuck with) if I hadn't heard about them here.  As I'm getting up in age myself (just turned 30 last week) it's also nice to see a fresh, new-school perspective on things and new gamers join the fold with their own preferences and perspectives on things.

I hate the fact that fanbois, haters, and elitists tend to congregate here.  Every other thread seems to degenerate into some kind of flame war amongst people who think MMOs are an online recreation of the Highlander and there Can Be Only One MMO left standing at the end of the day, just look at the ongoing 20 page threadknot that's 5 pages of useful discussion and 15 pages of sandbox and themepark gamers flaming each other.

• OracleusOracleus Member Posts: 133

well for me all of people here are good they are so helpfull and very talkative hahaha, however there are still gold spammers i hate them their ruining the game.

• SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224

I think most of you guys/girls are great.  I've read so many hilarious comments on this site.  So many funny, intelligent people on here.

Yet every thread turns into a war lol.  I just hate the people that make comments just to hurt someone's feelings.  I've been guilty of that in the past.  You feel like shit, you want other people to feel the same.  I try more and more to limit these kinds of comments.  

The majority of people on here are good in my book.  We all have our bad days.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

You can go through my post history and see just who I have a dislike for.

Luckily the majority of people on this site are not these "people".

Oh, I voted no by the way. Although I have a dislike for a certain kind of clown, it by no means means...imagine that...that...here I go again...

If you had a yes/no and some, that would have fit my vote better.

Happy New Year!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I've actually played a few games with some people from this board and for the mostpart, when it comes to actually playing, everyone has been cool....

Some of the posters here....

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"I've actually played a few games with some people from this board..."

I was actually guilded with a few members from here in a past game and all was well until I mentioned whom it is I dislike on this site and found out a few of my guildmates were the ones I was talking about!

CHEESEBURGER!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

There are quite a few I like on this site.

But the important thing is, everybody loves me!!

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i may dislike somebody for their views for a day or 2, but that fades quickly.

All in all i like the community here.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

its a pretty good community.  As with all communities there are some that give us a bad imange (but that can't be helped). 

I'd say there are only 1 or 2 'regulars' that i somewhat dislike (looking at you Enigma ), but even then i usually forgive them pretty quickly.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I found out today that Zorvan is my Mother and Stradden my long lost Father!

No matter all bickerings, difference of opinion, heated debates and all those multiple accounts - I still enjoy postings and converse with all.

• Amy571Amy571 Member Posts: 59

Honestly, I tend not to post here myself very much because I do not like a large chunk of the people here. There are some that are good people who can discuss, debate or converse in a normal, fun, civil and occasionally intelligent manner, and make posts that are interesting or enjoyable to read. But a lot of people here tend to be quick to judge, assume or blame. There really is quite a few people here who think their opinion is much more educated and holds more ground than anyone elses, and they tend to jump down the throats of those people who might have a slightly different point of view. A lot of individuals are also quick to insult anyone for pretty much anything, or nothing, at all. I vistit a few different sites of this type, and I can really honestly say that it happens more often here than any of the others I go to.

Some gamers seem to be so angry and frustrated at all times, and it seems like those types of gamers end up here.

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I found out today that Zorvan is my Mother and Stradden my long lost Father!
    No matter all bickerings, difference of opinion, heated debates and all those multiple accounts - I still enjoy postings and converse with all.

I don't know which of us just got the worst end of that deal - me apparently being bopped and impregnated by Jon ( might wanna call the Inquirer for that one ), or Jon being the one who apparently bopped me?

That being said,

GO TO YOUR ROOM, MISTER!!!

And to Amy571, us angry and frustrated gamers don't end up here by accident. We've been stalking you.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

..Your all on..The List!

• Amy571Amy571 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Zorvan

And to Amy571, us angry and frustrated gamers don't end up here by accident. We've been stalking you.

all this time... I had a feeling there was something suspicous going on... something beyond coincidence...

Originally posted by redcap036

..Your all on..The List!

Hey, could you make a notation of "eggs, milk, and new Playboy" next to my name? That'll take care of this weeks shopping.

Thanks.

• FarScapeFarScape Member UncommonPosts: 185

I love the people on this site. Im on this site all the time, weather im at home or at work. I love reading the

different veiws and opinions on different games. I love posting my own I laugh though at all the ppl who

QQ over someons opinion. And the fanboi's can take posts way to farm at times. Without any of that this

play wouldn't have anything good to read.

Happy New Years to everyone at MMORPG. Members and Admins alike. I hope everyone has a great new

year. And i can't wait to see what 2009 bring to MMORPG!

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

I do not dislike everyone but I find that people here tend to be rather negative on these forums. The same 5 subjects often come out and they all usually end up in hate. Games barely have a chance here and are usually bashed to a point that it's hardly constructive.

This is not a site that I recommend to people. However, if i"m still here and posting, it's because I do like some fine folks here as well :)

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

..Your all on..The List!

Hey, could you make a notation of "eggs, milk, and new Playboy" next to my name? That'll take care of this weeks shopping.

Thanks.

...Skim or... plain milk?

..Your all on..The List!

Thanks.

...Skim or... plain milk?

Soy. Vanilla flavored, if they have it.