Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how does 56k(Dial-Up) do while playing the game?

i am wondering how does 56k do during gameplay? im in a small town an 56k is all they offer. does anyone here play on dial up? an if so how its your gameplay?

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

with hopes an dreams so far away, its no wonder why so many go insane

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

Comments

• ThinmanThinman Member Posts: 461

I used to play daoc on 56k and it was better than most games.. I'm not sure how well it performs in large groups of players, I never was in any raids or anything when I had 56k.. but situations without zergs seemed to go well.

Waiting for WoW, will play until something with new gameplay arrives

"The philosophy of a corporate entity umbrellas all activities. Obviously, SOE has a flawed way of doing business."
    -Crabby, MMORPG Boards

Looking forward (cautiously) to: Age of Conan, Dark Solstice, Armada Online.

Will soon try: Guild Wars

Overall: Amazed and bewhildered at the current sad state of the artform of gaming.

• LoderdaleLoderdale Member Posts: 16
    this maybe a stupid question but i havent been in DAoC for a while an im just preparing on info that i'll need when i rejoin in about a month.... but what is a "zerg"?

• sirironmansirironman Member Posts: 2
    a zerg is a grp of ppl running around in new frontiers taking keeps and towers one after another
  • edquirkedquirk Member Posts: 1

I use dialup with America Online and lots of people will tell you thats the worst you could have to play MMO,s out there.  I live in a very remote area and this is my only choice, sounds like you : )

I have played every yes i mean every MMO game out there and have had no problems with my internet connection on any game ever.  Now computer or graphic problems are seperate, but tech today allows you to play any of these games just as good as broadband with 56k, im living proof, so go for it.

Thanks

• LoderdaleLoderdale Member Posts: 16
    thank you for the help guys, ya'll we're very helpful :)