Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

star trek 2009

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

http://www.geektyrant.com/2008/11/check-out-spock-and-a-new-tweeked-star-trek-movie-trailer/

not sure i like the new kirk and hope there is ot so much action as the trailer as star trek is suppose to be a slow pace sci fi

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by hercules

http://www.geektyrant.com/2008/11/check-out-spock-and-a-new-tweeked-star-trek-movie-trailer/

not sure i like the new kirk and hope there is ot so much action as the trailer as star trek is suppose to be a slow pace sci fi

It's so hard to tell if a movie is going to be good simply from the trailer.  After all, I got excited about The Phantom Menace by watching the trailer, but was disappointed with the movie.

But the producers pretty much have to update Star Trek for present day audiences.  Most people don't go to movies anymore to watch intricate plots.  They go for the action.  I'm not against that if they do a good job of it.  But I still prefer a complex story to non-stop action.  That's why I don't go to movies much anymore.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

I saw a trailer with kirk riding in a corvette off a cliff as a child.  Producers and writers need to realize that such over the top machismo is contempt worthy and doesn't make the protagonist look ultra masculine but rather makes the writers look retarded.  They are so out of touch with reality they feel they need to frame their character in a cartoonish act to try and impress the audience.  

That being said I will probably see the movie anyway. 

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Looks like Dawsons Creek in space to me.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

You know Kirk is going to be poorly represented with the Anakin skywalker duo portraying him.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the actor who portrays Spock does. He actually was the one I would have picked. Something about the pragmatic and cool personality he has suits a vulcan. Plus he has the eyebrows I mean seriously after watching heroes and seeing him do it on that show without it being on purpose, it screamed spock! Hehehe.