Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not worth your time

2»

Comments

• ArietaTrayArietaTray Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by adrianpf

The biggest mistake:
    Making people pay to enjoy the main gameplay is a huge error. You have to make them pay to get even more fun, not the basic.
    Second, I don't care about a game's graphics, but I DO care about how its commercial model is handled, as it could ruin all the time you spent in the future...

What's with these people coming in here and posting lies about the game for no reason?  You don't have to pay money to enjoy the main gameplay.  The only things in the item mall are  items to increase exp gain or clothes.  That is unless you're counting the pets as the "main" gameplay which they arn't.

While their item shop is *really* expensive now, there's nothing in it that you need to progress or enjoy the main gameplay.  And just about everysingle thing in the itemshop can be bought by other players for in game gold.

• Milliardo5Milliardo5 Member Posts: 2

I've been playing this game to close to 3 days now, and I must say that I like it.  I play Perfect World right now and got curious about this game, especially since its graphics looks like it came from an anime. I enjoy its rather laid back atmosphere, and it sort of reminds me of another game I used to play, Rose Online.

That being said, of course there are some flaws in the game. Some of the flaws of this game are well noted--items break, for instance. I agree that it's a con for the game. Even if you try to repair it, the item will have a lower value than it originally did. And each time you repair, it gets lower and lower. Another I found is that mobs don't drop any money whatsoever--you really have to farm the items dropped and sell them to earn. Of course, your character can't jump as well. And lastly, you only have 3 points to distribute to your stats, which is somewhat limiting for me. You really have to plan wisely to make the build you want for your class.

Then again, all games have their inherent flaws, and IMO the flaws of DOMO are no biggies. I don't know--maybe I enjoy the game. I don't mind the farming, since you do that in any other MMORPG anyway (who hasn't farmed in any game?). I have yet to experience how it goes from level 40-50 onwards, though with a level cap of 65 I don't see why it would be a major concern for one to go solo against mobs at this point. As some have pointed out, the point of the game isn't to become the best or the strongest, but social interaction. Sort of like Ragnarok Online doesn't have any major point (no worthwhile quests apart from job quests) or plot, but people still play it for interaction.

• BaronTacoBaronTaco Member Posts: 10

I'm going to go out on a limb here knowing full well there will be many eager to saw it off and let me fall but I think it's worth it. I really don't pay much attention to the larger portion of reviews/opinions of games on this site because it seems to me that they are written by kids or idiots or a combination of the two. At worst I ignore them completely, at best, I read them and see if there are any elements of intelligence obvious in the posts. Tell-tale signs of the immature poster are, predictably: poor spelling, halting, broken grammar and hordes of typos caused by people who stare at their keyboards when they type. While I can't demonize people on these qualities alone it does give me some insight into the mind of the person who posts them which is where the real problem lies. As for my opinion of this game, I'll try it for myself and see. I can't honestly say I have high hopes for it but if it turns out to be an ok game, all the better.

As for the original post... look through it and see how many of the signs I listed show up and you'll figure out why I paid it no mind.

When life gives you lemons... throw them at cars.

• SyndoWolxSyndoWolx Member Posts: 2

woa woa woa slow down there buddy Ive been on this game from closed beta when it was only onyx all the way up tell now now mmo is perfect in fact f2p games are alot easier on people then a p2p some people don't got the money for it.

ALSO! what wrong with a durability system? I see nothing wrong with it

also let us get on the issue of it lacking in EVERYTHING" I'm sorry but I don't see this game lacking in everything it has the main classes which ever your chose and then there's sub classes that you can use skills from I know there are other games out there like that but is this not an example of it not lacking further more I cant tell you how many bugs errors and other things Ive ran into on the downside they take their sweet time fixing these things but they are human lazy or not its not like they can just poof in and fix everything in a heartbeat.

community is awesome there's drama big woof there's always gonna be drama no matter where you go, the item mall dosn't have many usefull items I admit but also lets not forget this game isn't complete yet  a good example would be that they just recently added the last job witch doc to the career list.

Lastly! when I read what type of  game this is, it had "Social" which means on main part this is a game mostly for online socializing. I honestly am not a aeria supporter in the least bit mostly cause their service sucks but as for the game its self, its a very good game and honestly if it took you 30mins to get to lvl 15 then wow..that's pretty slow I can lvl from 1 to 30 in less then at least two to two and a half hours at most and it isnt with just 1 job I have every job they have put in, well anyway if that's what you think then fine no one can change your mind but I will not let this game be belittled just cause some one found it boring.

• GelleGelle Member Posts: 1

I disagree with the guys saying DOMO sucks. It is a game geared towards the younger crowd with its cute g-rated graphics. But that is one of the reasons I like it to begin with. There are many different types of gamers out there, some like the blood drenched violence of hand to hand combat, I don't particularly care for that stuff. The class system is fun and keeps you interested. I don't know too many mmorpgs out there that allow you to take on all classes on the same character. No its not for new gamers only, I have been playing mmos since 2001, it really has to do with your preference. It is a good game for casual players like myself who can't play every day or weekend due to life responsibilities. If I were to play everyday any game would get boring. I also have to mention the players are overall really nice, its a great community.

• guo9810guo9810 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Zoolandar

I'm Currently Playing DoMo, its worth looking into.
    The micro transactions are for costumes, exp bonus's, pets, and some random helpful items.
    Theres no gold Bots yet. I'd be hard pressed to figure out how they'd be successful at that,  you can get everything you need to play easily in game since all the in game stuff is resonably priced.
    The graphics are Solid, Low-Poly, and pleasent to look at, the animations are amussing and very well made. (think a less defformed Zelda Wind Waker/ Anime combo)
    Gameplay is fun in team (a bit boring solo). You can be any class, and you can have all the classes in back-up.
    the player base, is well... deffinetly younger... but for the most part they arnt that anoying.
    I find this Game high quality, for a free game, hell its high quality compared to some of the pay to play games.

I am a full time domo player on Sapphire.  Add me to join mah guild, (~*Paradox*~) or our partner guild (DevotedStalkerZ).  TaintedFyre is mah name, but. gold bots there are... they mail you the welcome to ....blah blah b lah

The Game Awards start now!
    http://tinyurl.com/2fcjy69

• Zalera13Zalera13 Member Posts: 1

I've played plenty of MMORPGs and i liked Domo the most. Its one of the few games that i've stopped playing, and then came back to. Multiple times.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by ArkGrave

2. Classes all of them aren't even released yet....and you really can't solo with any of them...I mean yeah you can solo but only up to like 20 after that you gotta start going into parties....

To each his own. To me that's a huge bonus. I hate games where you can level 1 to max by yourself. Curse these damn MMORPGs for having people group up in parties.....

• xlr8spdxlr8spd Member Posts: 13

WOAH MAN SHULDNT BE HATING ON NARUTO. And I play'd domo or a few seconds and like... I did the first few quest and thought to my self: This game sucks.

So I logged off and uninstalled it. This game isn't my type and apparently, not the type of game many ohers like.

Also, NARUTO IS AWESOME. People who are in their 30-20s like naruto, naruto isn't young. It's not much different from Bleach (Another nice anime series.)

Why am I getting off topic? Dream of Mirror Online isn't that great and the story line seems kinda dumb.... A giant mirror? I dont get it....

MMORPGs FTW

• hybridchichybridchic Member Posts: 20

Interesting necro...

In any case, since the thread has had some life breathed into it.....

the game has come a very very long way since it was first released. The forums that the publisher provides are something of a Ghost Town. To actually enjoy the game you usually need to know one before hand so they can help guide you through some of the smaller pesty parts of the introduction.

There's only two servers that could afford to be downsized/consolidated into one and the more frustrating thing is story line. It just doesn't encourage a lot of PvP. (But yes PvP does happen). I'm pretty sure Aeria does try to increase/encourage events through their community volunteer program but that's trouble waiting to happen. Aside from that this game is very much soloable. I think of this as a kiddy version of Second Life because of the game's crafting/job system.

• voidinsanityvoidinsanity Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by xlr8spd

WOAH MAN SHULDNT BE HATING ON NARUTO. And I play'd domo or a few seconds and like... I did the first few quest and thought to my self: This game sucks.

So I logged off and uninstalled it. This game isn't my type and apparently, not the type of game many ohers like.

Also, NARUTO IS AWESOME. People who are in their 30-20s like naruto, naruto isn't young. It's not much different from Bleach (Another nice anime series.)

Why am I getting off topic? Dream of Mirror Online isn't that great and the story line seems kinda dumb.... A giant mirror? I dont get it....

I don't know about this game, but agreed about the naruto subject. Guy Kinda seemed slightly judgmental, and narrow sighted. Didn't even review the game at all. 

Might as well have said..

"Me no likes stupood game *scratches bum and drools on self*"

;-_-