Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to upgrade to MOM

This is driving me nuts. I have been playing LOTRO since May, 2007. I usually do monthly subscriptions through email money transfers. While playing back in November my system updated the files so that MOM areas were now available, and I was able to run around in the Eregion area doing quests and earning xp. Then, once I reached level 50, I no longer received any xp for ANYTHING. Proper thing, upgrade to MOM and I'll once again be able to level and gain xp. No problem... or so I thought...

I attempted to upgrade to MOM using credit card as directed, and keep getting the following errors:

* The system was unable to update your billing information. Please verify your billing information and try again later. If you continue to experience this error, you may wish to try another credit card or contact your issuing bank. To request further assistance, please visit support.turbine.com. [err: 30005]

* The system was unable to update your account at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again. [err: -2]

I have attempted to upgrade numerous times to no avail. I sent a comment to Turbine and received a response saying my account had been updated. Nothing changed. I still couldn't upgrade to MOM, still receive the same errors as before.

Anyone have any ideas on how I may correct this situation. It's getting rather boring not being able to do quests or gain any xp for kills.

Thanks.

Raymond

Comments

• cbeaglecbeagle Member Posts: 45

I would check with turbine support, or post on the support forums.

• gavelrgavelr Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by cbeagle

Been there, done that. They sent me the email afterwards saying my account has been upgraded, but it still didn't allow me to upgrade.

Just wondered whether anyone else is having a similar problem upgrading to MOM.

Raymond

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

you might get a better an dmore knologable respnse by posting over at

forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php

I doubt if any of Turbines support people bother reading this forum.

I miss DAoC

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

Originally posted by solareus

Originally posted by gavelr

Originally posted by cbeagle

Been there, done that. They sent me the email afterwards saying my account has been upgraded, but it still didn't allow me to upgrade.

Just wondered whether anyone else is having a similar problem upgrading to MOM.

Raymond

Its obvious you HAven't been there or done that because you still have an issue. Calling the support number and getting help is would resolved the issue , but thanks for yet again another bull crap thread.

Gee thanks Solareus, your response was even less helpful than the one I got from Turbine support.  I was not attempting to start "another bull crap thread", I am having some troubles upgrading to MOM. I thought maybe, just maybe, some other people that frequent the LOTRO forum would have heard of similar problems and might even know what the solution is. 

And Solareus, I'm not sure how you missed it the first time, but  I contacted Turbine support with my problem and they sent me an email saying my account had now been updated. No assistance with the problem I am having, no solution to the problem I am having, not even any MENTION of the problem I am actually having. Their entire reply was:

"Your Turbine Account information has been updated."

I'm not trying to update my information, I'm trying to upgrade the game to include the MOM expansion pack. 

You don't happen to work for Turbine support do you?

Raymond

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221

Maybe I missed something, but did you buy the MOM disks too? You have to have the expansion installed on your PC to play it, whether your account is upgraded or not.

Originally posted by Tetters

Maybe I missed something, but did you buy the MOM disks too? You have to have the expansion installed on your PC to play it, whether your account is upgraded or not.

That's part of what I'm trying to do, purchase the digital download so I can upgrade to MOM. When I click on the 'Buy it now' part of the screen on my account it takes me all through the process but then I get the error message I quoted earlier.

I HAVE contacted Turbine support, did so a few days ago, and their response didn't resolve the problem. I was hoping someone here might have had the same problem and could give some reasoning behind why it wasn't working.

If it's something that can only be resolved by Turbine support, so be it, but I never thought it would hurt to ask.

solareus, not sure if you're pissed because Santa wasn't as nice as you'd have liked, but your attitude sucks. I wasn't looking for support from Turbine here, I was asking a question of the users/players of the game. 

Raymond

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

This is driving me nuts. I have been playing LOTRO since May, 2007. I usually do monthly subscriptions through email money transfers. While playing back in November my system updated the files so that MOM areas were now available, and I was able to run around in the Eregion area doing quests and earning xp. Then, once I reached level 50, I no longer received any xp for ANYTHING. Proper thing, upgrade to MOM and I'll once again be able to level and gain xp. No problem... or so I thought... 

Did you put the credit card on your account to take over your monthly fees?

The reason I ask is.. If you did and it worked the rest won't matter.

If you didn't... then it would probably give you the same error.

So you mentioned email money xfers.

So my guess is its being blocked on one end or the other due to the new fraud prevention things that are in effect.

It can be affected by where you live and/or your bank.

I buy a lot of art related programs from Europe.. this will cause my bank to call me.  Well its an automated fraud prevention thing.

My GF recently opened a checking account at her bank and had just got her debit card.  She tried to use it (with an american company) and it was declined then the bank called.

So my guess is its related to something like that.. as what its telling  you (when it says can't update) that the charge can't be processed.  Its not being declined due to lack of funds which would trigger a different message.

This is.. just my guess tho.

*edit* you can call your credit card issuer and say you are having a problem and ask them if they see the charge coming through and if so why its declined.  If they don't even see an attempt then its entirely on Turbines end.

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by Tetters

That's part of what I'm trying to do, purchase the digital download so I can upgrade to MOM. When I click on the 'Buy it now' part of the screen on my account it takes me all through the process but then I get the error message I quoted earlier.

I hope you get the issue sorted out, but if you can't, go out and grab the disks

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

When you say you contacted their support, did you call them or email them? if you just emailed, I would recommend calling... here is their info:

Call our Account Management team

Speak live with one of our Account Management Representatives via telephone from 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET Monday - Friday by dialing:

781-407-4020.