Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

~~HACKED~~

PalucaPaluca Member Posts: 2

::::26:: I am wanting to know if any 1 else has been hacked on the game, what the have lost, and what the GMs did to help. Because a couple of days ago i logged on (as you do) and found that my main character had lost all his GOOD stuff, by that i mean - Brigandine Breast Plate, Brigandine Gaiters, Brigandine Helmet, Dual Swords - Artisan Sword and Elven Sword, 1mil adena. i asked the GMs to help but they asked me to put a full report to support.lineage2.com but i havent heard anything back (some help they were)::::25::::::26::.

So if you could put down what you lost because i would like to find out if there is a pattern with the hackers with wat they are taking.

Paluca::::26::

[red]Ill Hunt you Down like the Pig you are[/red]

[colour=red]Ill Hunt you Down like the Pig you are[/red]

Comments

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

uhh okay do you want a Fu%#%#@%# brownie button?
    its ur fault, for either having a really easy password or giving it away, people just dont get randomly hacked.

~~ CURRENT GAME ~~
    Lineage 2
    ------------
    Server: Ericca
    Character: ShadowAeon
    Race: Dark Elven
    Class: Fighter
    ============
    Aim: Sean Ok Thx

====
    lol.
    ====

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

/agree

practically 99% of the time you get hacked in big name MMO's is due to personal fault...

it could be as simple as downloading an illegal L2 program (such as C2 skins, or a bot/macro program) ith a keylogger in it...

just a few months ago a bunch of people were getting hacked but couldnt figure out why... turned out that an un-official C2 texture patch that a bunch of retards were downloading had a keylogger in it... ta~da YOUR HACKED...

just gotta be smart about it image

i've played MMORPG's for YEARS and have NEVER EVER been hacked or anything remotely close... why? because im smart about it... a buddy of mine on the other hand has had his RuneScape, SWG and Lineage 1 account hacked... why? because he's an idiot who shares accounts and used macro programs...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - EQ2 and WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l33t d3wdz everwhere >_<;;)

--------------------------------------

• PalucaPaluca Member Posts: 2
    WTF i downloaded the FULL download from Lineage2.com and havnt downloaded anything else, except the updates thats it and do u think im dumb enough to give out my password. come on im not some kid that doesnt have a clue i just asked if any 1 else has because i thought it was strange to have this done to me but not hear from any 1 else of being hacked. so befor u start havin a go at me saying ive downloaded some rubbish and saying its MY fault when ive done the same stuff as you. y u 2 havin a go at me any ways i havnt done any thing wrong.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by Paluca
    WTF i downloaded the FULL download from Lineage2.com and havnt downloaded anything else, except the updates thats it and do u think im dumb enough to give out my password. come on im not some kid that doesnt have a clue i just asked if any 1 else has because i thought it was strange to have this done to me but not hear from any 1 else of being hacked. so befor u start havin a go at me saying ive downloaded some rubbish and saying its MY fault when ive done the same stuff as you. y u 2 havin a go at me any ways i havnt done any thing wrong.

okay fine, so you're the 1% that actually got "hacked" by some l33t d3wd hacker...

but seeing as practically everytime somebody gets hacked, it is usually somewhat their fault, it's pretty safe to assume that something you did caused this...

if you didnt, that's fine, chill out...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - EQ2 and WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l33t d3wdz everwhere >_<;;)

--------------------------------------

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I haven't been hacked, but I have heard of more than 1 person who has in Lineage II.

The type of players that play Lineage II seem to be the type that would cheat.  Every MMO has cheaters, but it seems that in Lineage II you hear about them more. 

Hopefully in Guild Wars all of the critical data will be stored on ArenaNet servers and nobody will be able to cheat.

Lineage II has gotten a bad reputation as far as Customer Support, and with all of the problems with either cheating, tech problems, or whatever, they really need to improve on this.

It is important to be smart and protect your password, I agree.  but sometimes there is nothing you can do, you just get hacked.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I got my old hotmail account hacked a few years ago.

But that's because I used to use passwords like "budweiser" or "cereal" and I later learned that there's password hacking programs to hack people with such obvious passwords.

Mix letters and numbers when using a password!  Like "budweiser007" or something.

Hacking programs generate thousands of words and numbers per second attempting to find the exact password you used using a word & number database (or obvious passwords like qwerty or abdcefg)

No one can get a password hacked if you use something that is not common and you don't have a keyboard recording virus-like software installed on your PC, sending all your keyboard commands towards a hacker via the internet without you knowing.

Or it's your mother and/or girlfriend that is sick of you playing MMORPGs all day long, and she logged onto your account and deleted all your stuff.  image

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

actually, to give the original poster some credability, I have known 3 people personal (people whom I know in real life that worked for me) have their accounts hacked and they downloaded nothing but the client on the main site.

This isn't including the numerous amount of people who bought the game only to go through 2 weeks of protocol to prove they are the original purchaser because their CD-Key was hacked before they even logged in. (many CD keys were duplicates made by the company while others were hacked copies)

But yes, I have known 3 people personally had their accounts hacked and their items stolen and they downloaded no other software and from what I understood their passes were pretty tough. That doesn't include the numerous amount of people on the official forums who had their account hacked this summer.

Apparently there is a new wave of hacks.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=79625&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

http://boards.lineage2.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=80181&Forum=,f3,&Words=account%20hacked&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=80147&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post80181

http://boards.lineage2.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=75316&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

There's more but these are just three..

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Next time don't use that l2.ini file. Happened to me. Made me quit too. Oh well. Stupidity can be painful.

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

I kind of got hacked and so did my friend. It was our fault.

I had lvl 36 dwarf with over 15 million in adena! Some kid on ebay was trading 2 World of Warcraft acounts for a Lineage 2 account.

We said ok. I gave him my account with login/password, secret question and answer. We did this on AIM by the way.

Turns out, right after I gave him the info and asked for the WoW info, he blocked us on AIM.

After a few weeks, I called Lineage 2. I gave them my email and key, all the good stuff. They were able to get my account back to me. Guess what? The guy never played my character once.
    So I still had my stuff back.

The email system they have sucks. Anyway, they said I could get banned because I was trying to trade accounts. I told the people on the phone it plainly got hacked.

I suggest you actually call them if you can. I doubt they will give you your stuff back. They used to do that though.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

they gave my accnt back [ i forgot all my login information ] like a week ago o_o

~~ CURRENT GAME ~~
    Lineage 2
    ------------
    Server: Ericca
    Character: ShadowAeon
    Race: Dark Elven
    Class: Fighter
    ============
    Aim: Sean Ok Thx

====
    lol.
    ====

• LoneshadowLoneshadow Member Posts: 49

My clanmate was hacked a couple weeks ago. She is a level 40+ artison. Found her character in the Dwarf starting town with all items/adena gone. The next day I get 7 E-Mails:
    ------------------------------------------
    Subject: Password Reset Failure
    Someone at 66.188.53.57 attempted to reset your PlayNC Master Account password
    for account Loneshadow. This attempt was unsuccessful. If you did not attempt
    this change, please contact support immediately at
    [email protected].
    ------------------------------------------
    Even though they have their IP address, there is nothing they can do about it. Why give me there IP address if I can't use it? My account is still secure. Ran Norton and ad-aware and found nothing.
    I've also heard of a few others in our alliances that have been hacked. I've never heard of this happening so much in the 8 years I've been playing MMORPGs. Makes you wonder <thinker icon here>.

Good Journey
    Loneshadow<Supreme Dragon>
    Founder of the Dragon Lords
    http://kinncaid.proboards20.com/index.cgi

Good Journey
    Loneshadow<Overlord>
    Founder of the Dragon Lords
    http://kinncaid.proboards20.com/index.cgi

• archonfuryarchonfury Member Posts: 139

Ok this is the guy who stole my account and many peoples other accounts

Maybe there is someone out there that will teach this kid a lesson. THis is the kid who stole my account:

Email: [email protected]
    Name: William Rose
    City: Lebanon
    State: NJ
    Phone: ask me and ill give it to you.
    his AIM: ajohnstone46

Can't find his IP but when i do ill post it

He stole many L2 accounts, City of hero and a few other MMORPG's out there by suckering people.

>B=()
    >8()

>B=()
    >8()