Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Server Release Date?

Hey all, is it true that they are going to be addnig in a new server? If so, does anyone have any idea on when? I'd certainly pick up the game again if this i the case.

thanks

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Next month after the merges are done.

• WargPestWargPest Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Loke666

Well remember December is almost over now, which makes ETA about 3 weekish from now.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by WargPest

Originally posted by Loke666

Well remember December is almost over now, which makes ETA about 3 weekish from now.

You are giving a January ETA for a company who originally gave the ETA for last month.

The new server will come AFTER the mergers.   They were supposed to be starting  3 weeks ago.  A last minute problem came up (surprise) and they said they were delayed.  

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by precious328

Hey all, is it true that they are going to be addnig in a new server? If so, does anyone have any idea on when? I'd certainly pick up the game again if this i the case.

thanks

They are going to merge servers in january, and i think it will take around 3 weeks.

After the merge they will open fresh start servers, probably late january or early february.

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Yep the last news from the Govn'r :

December 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM #3

Silirrion

Game Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The updates last week have set everything up for the merges. We will be starting the process in January and hopefully completing them within a few weeks.

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Game Director

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

Yep probably late January early February on the new server.  After all the server merges are done you will get one server transfer per character if you do not like the servers your server was merged with.  You will NOT be able to transfer to the fresh server with any of your character's already created.

Also, word is early 2009 they are going to make a free trial available without the need for a buddy key.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Yep the last news from the Govn'r :

December 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM #3

Silirrion

Game Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The updates last week have set everything up for the merges. We will be starting the process in January and hopefully completing them within a few weeks.

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Game Director

People asked on the forums "if the mergers are ready now why wait" and his response was along the line that they didn't want servers to be down during most people's vacation time. Mergers are scheduled for about 3 weeks, and the new servers are suppose to be put up afterwords. If everything goes smoothly, then we can expect it to happen by feburary.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ScaredgirlScaredgirl Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by xpiher

People asked on the forums "if the mergers are ready now why wait" and his response was along the line that they didn't want servers to be down during most people's vacation time. Mergers are scheduled for about 3 weeks, and the new servers are suppose to be put up afterwords. If everything goes smoothly, then we can expect it to happen by feburary.

This is typical Funcom. Excuse after excuse..

"Merges are postponed because we encountered a mystery issue.."

"Merges are postponed because we don't want down time during vacation.."

"Merges are postponed because my cat died.."

etc.

Merges could have been done in 2 weeks if they really wanted to. Instead they keep lying to the public, hoping for a christmas miracle so that they don't need to do so many merges.

Look what Mythic did with WAR. They had a PLAN even before launch and when merged were needed, they executed that plan swiftly. No bs talking, just results.

There's a difference between companies like Mythic and Blizzard who know what they are doing, and hacks like Funcom.

-----------------------------
    Originally posted by Frobner
    "Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

This is typical Funcom. Excuse after excuse..

"Merges are postponed because we encountered a mystery issue.."

"Merges are postponed because we don't want down time during vacation.."

"Merges are postponed because my cat died.."

etc.

Merges could have been done in 2 weeks if they really wanted to. Instead they keep lying to the public, hoping for a christmas miracle so that they don't need to do so many merges.

Look what Mythic did with WAR. They had a PLAN even before launch and when merged were needed, they executed that plan swiftly. No bs talking, just results.

There's a difference between companies like Mythic and Blizzard who know what they are doing, and hacks like Funcom.

And theres a difference between being informed and not being informed. Had you been paying attention they stated why mergers were postponed intially, the exact reason why, no BS, no wagging the dog nothing, They basically said, we found the problem, heres what the problem is, it was a mistake, its getting fixed shortly, and bam the updates came out. FC wasn't expecting the game to sell a lot of copies during xmas, no company were expecting sales to spike as much as they would 2yrs ago.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

yeah, the Christmas part sounds like BS to me.

Remember, the mergers were supposed to START a couple weeks ago, but  they were only starting with a few servers.  That means the majority of them were originally planned to occur during the 'holiday break'. Now all of a sudden they are worried about starting them because of the holidays?

And theres a difference between being informed and not being informed. Had you been paying attention they stated why mergers were postponed intially, the exact reason why, no BS, no wagging the dog nothing, They basically said, we found the problem, heres what the problem is, it was a mistake, its getting fixed shortly, and bam the updates came out. FC wasn't expecting the game to sell a lot of copies during xmas, no company were expecting sales to spike as much as they would 2yrs ago.

Yeah, they have given us a lot of reason about a lot of things. The problem is that I don't care. I, and many others, want RESULTS.

If you are content with only good reasons then they could postpone merges for 3 years and you would be happy as long as there's a good reason every time.

Some companies like Funcom try to do something, fail multiple times, and every time give excuses why it happened. Other companies try to do something, fail, and just FIX it.

You are wrong about the christmas. Funcom DID expect to sell a lot of copies during holidays. This is why they spent a fortune on advertising (for example mammoth campaign) and why they didn't do merges like they promised.

They sold some copies but not enough. Funcom didn't get that christmas miracle they were hoping to get.

This whole AoC server merge thing has been a big FAIL.

"Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

They should have made the server merger for x-mas time.

It wasn't very good for people on unpopulated server to login during holidays and see empty server.I'm sorry but server merge would have been beneficial for some low populated servers...

More people play mmo's during holidays, it's a no brainer, FC should have known better and make server merge so people would see more populated server, get the word out, more AoC under the tree perhaps...

And please don't blame recession, lots of countries had record sales in video games this xmas.

Originally posted by BoudahXL

They should have made the server merger for x-mas time.
    It wasn't very good for people on unpopulated server to login during holidays and see empty server.I'm sorry but server merge would have been beneficial for some low populated servers...
    More people play mmo's during holidays, it's a no brainer, FC should have known better and make server merge so people would see more populated server, get the word out, more AoC under the tree perhaps...
    And please don't blame recession, lots of countries had record sales in video games this xmas.

Agreed, they did a lot of advertising for Christmas, but those that did buy the game are now going to more than likely be on ghosttown servers. (random chance).  They should have had the servers consolidated before the big advertising campaigne.  Same way they need to make sure they are done before they do any type of 'free comeback' for old players.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

With Funcom's track record, you have to expect the worse and hope for the best....

You know after the mergers are done there's going to be a crap load of problems....  If anyone is considering this game I seriously would hold off for another 3-4 months (at least until the expansion comes out) so they can work out all the problems there going to cause with this server merge.

The reason I believe this, is because every patch they have done has caused more problems then it has fixed.  They have to release patches for their patches, to me this proves that Funcom's programmers are not in the top of their field.

This server merge is going to be a mess...

Originally posted by monoth

The reason I believe this, is because every patch they have done has caused more problems then it has fixed.  They have to release patches for their patches, to me this proves that Funcom's programmers are not in the top of their field.

This I think is the main reason for AoC failure. Bad programmers.

Just look at the UI. Is AoC UI something a professional would design? The guy who designed it is a complete amateur who knows nothing about usability.

What about crafting? Lol You think a programmer from Blizzard would design something as horrible as that?

Funcom programmers are simply bad at what they do. They lack the skills and experience. This is why we got so many bugs and this is why every time they try to fix something, 10 other things break down.

Funcom probably employs mostly freshly graduated n00bs with no work experience. This way Funcom don't have to pay them much. Only problem is that if you pay with peanuts, you get monkeys.

Originally posted by Scaredgirl

Originally posted by monoth

This I think is the main reason for AoC failure. Bad programmers.

Just look at the UI. Is AoC UI something a professional would design? The guy who designed it is a complete amateur who knows nothing about usability.

What about crafting? Lol You think a programmer from Blizzard would design something as horrible as that?

Funcom programmers are simply bad at what they do. They lack the skills and experience. This is why we got so many bugs and this is why every time they try to fix something, 10 other things break down.

Funcom probably employs mostly freshly graduated n00bs with no work experience. This way Funcom don't have to pay them much. Only problem is that if you pay with peanuts, you get monkeys.

I thought about the whole 'Norway' thing.  Not to ditch on it.   But if I were interviwing for a job and the choices were Austin Texas, California or Norway.. ummm..