Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MY EAR HURTS

I CANT SLEEP BECAUSE MY EAR HURTS, SO IM GOING TO POST ABOUT WHILE WAITING FOR THE PAIN TO STOP. dsgadrhfgwfghfgh brghe gyherGHSRHWGERHS DGVBDSFG SDF GFGS S   DAMMMMMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Hope for you you haven't blown your eardrum.... tried that once. The first couple of hours are the easy ones. Then come the 3-4 hours of unstoppable pain... nothing to do about it. Oh, and you have very reducered hearing in that ear for the next 2-4 months.

• HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Member Posts: 45

Ugh, I been there.

Could be you have an ear infection - especially if you use earbuds for headphones. They stop air from getting into your ears, great for bacterial infection.

Take some Neosporin/bacitration ointment and put it on a Q-tip.  Swab it inside your ear where it hurts. Pain subsides in a matter of hours.

Or you could just have Swimmer's Ear. In that case, it's a trip to the Dr.'s for antibiotics. If you wait too long, you'll need to go to the emergency room because it'll feel like somebody's driving a hot nail thru your eardrum..

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

It's likely an ear infection.  I'd go down to a clinic and have a doc check it for you, probably prescribe some antibiotics and some pain killers and you should be good in about 2 days.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

This looks like spam to me.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118
    Originally posted by HalfEmpty

Or you could just have Swimmer's Ear. In that case, it's a trip to the Dr.'s for antibiotics. If you wait too long, you'll need to go to the emergency room because it'll feel like somebody's driving a hot nail thru your eardrum..

Been there, done that, wasn't fun. I love swimming so much, but I get it almost everytime I go swimming. It makes having a pool pretty freaking useless.

But yeah, agony and deafness for two weeks =

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

same thing happened to me. But what i did that made the pain go away, was put a Hot moist towel on my ear for about an hour and the pain went away. Went to the doctor later that week and got some meds for an ear infection.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• icyrascalicyrascal Member Posts: 6

The doctor gave some liquid medicine before then I would need to lie down, after a few minutes I would stand up and the medicine will come out with something with it. :)

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Bustion

I CANT SLEEP BECAUSE MY EAR HURTS, SO IM GOING TO POST ABOUT WHILE WAITING FOR THE PAIN TO STOP. dsgadrhfgwfghfgh brghe gyherGHSRHWGERHS DGVBDSFG SDF GFGS S   DAMMMMMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If i had a ear like that.. i would hurt too..

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987

Well, I hope by this time you've fallen asleep. 

I don't think anyone has gone through the pain I had gone through on a trip back from Mexico.  The last day I spent in Mexico I had received a sinus infection, I normally get them and think nothing of them.  Until that is, I boarded the plane... Once the pilot dropped altitude and the pressure in the cabin hit my ears.. it felt like someone was taking two large needles and sllooowwwwly pressing them into my ears.. I haven't cried since I was at least 10 years old.. I cried like a baby on that plane flight home. I have never experienced so much pain in my life. 

Turns out, I'm partially deaf now.  They say I might get my full hearing back, but I don't think so, every now and then sometimes when I yawn I feel these clicks in my ears, and sometimes momentarily I'll get full hearing back, but then it just goes back to somewhat deaf.  This all happened 6 months ago.

So if you have a sinus infection, do not fly.... its painful.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by hvc801

I don't think anyone has gone through the pain I had gone through on a trip back from Mexico.  The last day I spent in Mexico I had received a sinus infection, I normally get them and think nothing of them.  Until that is, I boarded the plane... Once the pilot dropped altitude and the pressure in the cabin hit my ears.. it felt like someone was taking two large needles and sllooowwwwly pressing them into my ears.. I haven't cried since I was at least 10 years old.. I cried like a baby on that plane flight home. I have never experienced so much pain in my life. 
    Turns out, I'm partially deaf now.  They say I might get my full hearing back, but I don't think so, every now and then sometimes when I yawn I feel these clicks in my ears, and sometimes momentarily I'll get full hearing back, but then it just goes back to somewhat deaf.  This all happened 6 months ago.

This happened to me a few years ago due to allergy attacks. Felt like someone was trying to crush my skull. I was crying and letting out yelps just to keep from screaming. Luckily one of the stewardesses had been doing her job for a long time and knew an old trick... putting paper towels soaked in hot water at the bottom of cups, and then pressing those cups over your ears. It helped somewhat, and I think that's the only reason I didn't have any permanent damage.

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987
    Originally posted by streea

Originally posted by hvc801

This happened to me a few years ago due to allergy attacks. Felt like someone was trying to crush my skull. I was crying and letting out yelps just to keep from screaming. Luckily one of the stewardesses had been doing her job for a long time and knew an old trick... putting paper towels soaked in hot water at the bottom of cups, and then pressing those cups over your ears. It helped somewhat, and I think that's the only reason I didn't have any permanent damage.

Oh you're lucky lol.  These stewardesses on this plane gave a rats ass about me lol.  I kept asking when are we going to land I'm in pain, and they just shrugged or gave me the same answer, we'll be down momentarily.. I'll never forget that day.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Sometimes I sleep with my ear folded or something and wake up the next morning with a lot of pain...never had an ear infection though.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• santababysantababy Member Posts: 5

Go to your family doctor and let him check it...there must be a reason why your ear hurts that much...