Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion 3 day preview Korea 142 servers

2»

Comments

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Where did these numbers come from?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

these numbers are false, but it will do good what ever the numbers are in asia because it is fun to play.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Greatness 
    150-200K concurrent users is a lot considering that is everyone playing at the same time. It is usually estimated that 15-30% of the total population is always playing their game at some point so I wouldn't be surprised if the total subscriber amount is close to around 1-2 million, as for 6.5 million, I don't know about that.

I agree, its definitely a good start.  It will be interesting to see how this game develops.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Not to rain on your parade. It's quite common for "Asians" (don't PC me) to jump on the next big thing when it comes out and to drop it a few months later. They change games when the wind changes direction.

Your expertise on the 'Asian' player comes from which source?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by Linchpin

and 3.4 million people attended the 3 day preview event. After which pre-sales boosted from 4 million to 6.5 million. Over at plaync they expect this to be bigger than lineage 1 and 2 combined. At this rate they are expecting an easy 6 million active users at AION launch in Korea alone, not including the international launch of EU and US shortly after.

aion.plaync.co.kr

If these games get numbers like that in Asia why even bother with the US/EU??? Just develop the game entirely for the Asian market and live happily ever after........From the footage I have seen of the game it doesnt look like anything special at all but that is just from the perspective of some youtube vids......

Also the link is in Korean or Chinese or whatever it is.....We're jsut supposed to beleive what the OP says?? Why not just say every person in teh world has ordered Aion?? I mean cmon it makes no sense.....The game isnt even as hyped as AoC or Warhammer, at least not in EU/NA........Most predicitons I have heard have it less than 500k subscribers and youre claiming millions and millions?..... Numbers greater than L1 and L2 combined on their best day?? Yeah right.......Its jsut to obad we dont ever get the truth from amny of these companies....it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you know anymore that they are lying 99.99999999999% of the time.........

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Sounds like a big hit in S Korea, will be interested to give it a try and see if I like it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XavierxxXavierxx Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Not to rain on your parade. It's quite common for "Asians" (don't PC me) to jump on the next big thing when it comes out and to drop it a few months later. They change games when the wind changes direction.

from his brain! ooooooooo

• The.DreamerThe.Dreamer Member Posts: 14

I call balderdash good sir!

Here, here!

Good show!

Indeed...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

This game is one of the few Korean stuff I will seriously try.

I kinda liked Lineage 2, except for the lack of armor variety (at least at launch), and the really repetitive level grind.

I hope NCSoft learned something from it and this one has better PVE content.

I will definetly try it.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I don't know about numbers in China, but currently in Korea there are 37 servers (and opening new ones each week).

Afaik there's a 10k players per server simultaneously limit (they reached 210k players simultaneously back when they had 25 servers in OB), that would mean the numbers could be close to 1M or so, with 370k as concurrent users limit, and estimating that 30% of the population are online at peak hours.

I don't know the figures for China preorders, which could also round the million considering the anticipation there, but OP's info isn't true, and then he just links to the official korean site's home? I think he's either trolling us or whatever lol.

• SquinnySquinny Member Posts: 29

37 servers?  That's a lot considering the game hasn't been out for long.

But, yeah, I too was confused at the figures the OP posted. 

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662
    Originally posted by Xavierxx

I was thinking the same. I'm Taiwanese/Korean/Japanese. In otherwords, Asian. I've been playing Final Fantasy XI and Lineage 2 since Japanese launch and North American beta respectively.

Were you expecting people not to take offense to your comment? 

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Lienhart

I was thinking the same. I'm Taiwanese/Korean/Japanese. In otherwords, Asian. I've been playing Final Fantasy XI and Lineage 2 since Japanese launch and North American beta respectively.

Ok well since the later comments were deleted, Waterlilly did explain very well what her comments meant, she may be guilty of generalising but at least she has the intelligence to learn from other people, which I can't say for every MMORPGer... *cough*

I'm fancophone by birth and imagine what would happen if I reacted whenever someone said 'excuse my french' whenever they swore.... I frickin hate that saying however me freaking out isn't going to change anything other then reinforce the strereotype.

Anyhoo....

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Cynthe

Originally posted by Lienhart

Ok well since the later comments were deleted, Waterlilly did explain very well what her comments meant, she may be guilty of generalising but at least she has the intelligence to learn from other people, which I can't say for every MMORPGer... *cough*

If you're going to pick on someone's oberservations you might want to pay attention to the ensuing conversation..

Well the enitre reason for my posting the comment was that waterlily went and totally disregarded the guy's feeling - obviously not having learned any lessons. I am unsure if you read that post of his/hers or not but she was definatly not being nice to the guy.

I wasn't picking on other people's obervations - I was arguing for what I beleive in. Without a little freakout once in a while people get complacent and forget what happens when they start treating other people like... whatever.

Anyhow enough of that and lets get back onto Aion.

------------------------------

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Holy s***. For a game thats not supposed to be revolutionary that certainly boosted my excitement about it.

Anyway this game prolly targets all the gamers that wow doesnt target, the hardcore pvp ones.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

Well...... These numbers aren't even accurate are they?

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

Originally posted by Cynthe

Well...... These numbers aren't even accurate are they?

No... the guy almost definately made them up. However - the confirmed numbers of around 500,000 people are very impressive still - especially since it has still only been released for a short time and only in one country.

However - still guys you should decide what games you play by what YOU like - not by how many other people are playing it.

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

I will be bigger than WAR and AoC combined - that's it's better than the two games combines also is a whole different thread :D

I'm pretty sure Aion is the only real WoW-killer coming out (as I have been saying for over a year on these boards) in 2008/2009.

Originally posted by Miklos

I'm pretty sure Aion is the only real WoW-killer coming out (as I have been saying for over a year on these boards) in 2008/2009.

Bleh I hope you're wrong! I want to play a game with an healthy population but let's not got nuts, which would be WoW numbers. :(

Ahhh well, I'll still play no matter what.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

If this game gets over 1 million subs I will be happy

In case no one has noticed teh OP doesnt have any other posts in this thread......There is little doubt this is total BS and viral marketing at its best........this kind of stuff is what pisses so many people off on this forum...... What stops idiots like this from just posting "XXX game has 85 million subscribers"!!!!!!! You'd almost think that thread starters would have to be responsible for some form of truth in their threads.

Originally posted by Theocritus

In case no one has noticed teh OP doesnt have any other posts in this thread......There is little doubt this is total BS and viral marketing at its best........this kind of stuff is what pisses so many people off on this forum...... What stops idiots like this from just posting "XXX game has 85 million subscribers"!!!!!!! You'd almost think that thread starters would have to be responsible for some form of truth in their threads.

No - we all realised the figures were wrong quite a while back. But don't start thinking the guy is from ncsoft - they can market the game much better than lieing - they don't have to lie - the real figures are impressive anyway. Besides, they havn't even started advertising in the west yet.