Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you even log into this game anymore???

I was one of the SoG pre order guys....   are you able to even log into this anymore at all?  since its free now?

Comments

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

The game server shut down in July, and has not been back since.  The chances of it reviving are very very slim.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

In other words... NO. The game is now dead.

In addition the developer (NP3) is facing several lawsuits. Two were in reguards to their use of VWorld technology in the development of their game. One of those was dismissed but the other one they lost and are now trying to appeal. They already lost several other wrongful termination lawsuits from former employees due to the fact that when the game went to hell they tried to fire everyone and shut down the company. Supposedly there is atleast one more wrongful termination lawsuit in the works as well.

Plus, according to current rumors their headquarters is abandoned, all the employees besides the CEO have been fired and nobody knows where the company is currently operating out of or if they are even attempting to operate at all. DnL fanboys claim that the game is still in developement in China but this was proved to be a lie.

So in other words... the game is really really dead.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

The link is this forum. The evidence all the discussions we have had over the last week. I'm just posting a summary of what many of us already know to anwser the OPs question.

So common knowledge isn't evidence anymore? So I guess that means the sky stopped being blue?

Its common knowledge the game is offline. Log into it if you think I'm worng.

Its common knowledge that NP3 is dead. Show me a news update on their site from an actual employee if I'm wrong.

Its common knowledge that they have been sued. You yourself won't stop talking about it.

Nothing about my statements is slander nor is any of it based on anything Pix said. I'm not obsessed with Pix like another person around here. The things I have stated are just the facts as I have observed them. Prove me worng if you think you can.

Originally posted by solareus

common knowledge that you are Zorvan .

Uh... I'm not sure how that proves me wrong. And Zorvan seems like an okay guy to me. You have something aginst Zorvan now?

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

Originally posted by Raltar

Supposedly there is atleast one more wrongful termination lawsuit in the works as well.
    Plus, according to current rumors their headquarters is abandoned, all the employees besides the CEO have been fired and nobody knows where the company is currently operating out of or if they are even attempting to operate at all. DnL fanboys claim that the game is still in developement in China but this was proved to be a lie.

Wow kettle black anyone !

Got any links to all this slander ?

Slander is spoken, libel is print.  GG forum attorney, looks like more Judge Judy marathons are in order.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

Originally posted by ZtyX

Yes, you can play the game if you live in China and you are in the beta.
    They are the land of Communism and Prospect!

Snailgame has no money: english.17173.com/content/2008-06-21/20080621000856544.shtml

So explain to me who is working on the game. Lenin? The Chairman?

Give me a link to this Beta. Who is playing it? Chinese super haxxors who dominated an empty Shadowbane server?

Seriously, either prove this claim or stop making it. You and Solareus with your crazy communist troll posts are actually making Communism look even less credible than it already is.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I see!!!! Of course its being released in Asia! MMOs are popular in Asia!!! This explain everything!!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• bratislabratisla Member Posts: 17

Long live China and DnL ! Read the Great DnL book ! *

* coming soon(tm) with the DnL map

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

How much you willing to wager on that?

• MichkeMichke Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Originally posted by Raltar

Originally posted by ZtyX

Yes, you can play the game if you live in China and you are in the beta.
    They are the land of Communism and Prospect!

Snailgame has no money: english.17173.com/content/2008-06-21/20080621000856544.shtml

So explain to me who is working on the game. Lenin? The Chairman?

Give me a link to this Beta. Who is playing it? Chinese super haxxors who dominated an empty Shadowbane server?

Seriously, either prove this claim or stop making it. You and Solareus with your crazy communist troll posts are actually making Communism look even less credible than it already is.

Snailgame doesn't look out of business, and it doesn't look like they've abandoned dnl either.

http://www.snailgame.net/dnl_e.shtml

http://dnl.woniu.com

I doubt however that it'll be worth to play the chinese version any more then it was to play the NPCube version.

-

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I was a pre order also and at one time i thought this was going to be the best game ever....  I will say that flying to the top of a mountain so high up, that the clouds were under you was one of the most awsome sights ive seen in a mmo.  I actually had a dream about a week ago i was in the game, it was re-released and i was "in" the world.... how silly is that....

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Not silly, just very, very sad. I recomend therapy.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Solareus, i think you are loosing a lost battle. I would quit now before you make yourself look even worse if i were you :)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.