Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VO is pretty darn good!

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I would like to recommend taking advantage of the free trial to Vendetta Online, offered here at MMORPG.com.

You get 1 month free, and if you decide to subscribe, it's only $10 per month.

They did some recent graphics updates, and are apparently adding more stuff to the game. I am only on my first week of the trial, but I am really liking it. Last night I played until 5am, because I lost track of time.

It does not have the depth of EVE, which is unfortunate.. but the gameplay is definitely more fun.

So if you like pvp, and/or want to play something that isn't a wow clone, try it out. You might like it.

And if you don't believe me, check out the Vendetta Online forums here at MMORPG.com..

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/692

You'll find people saying good things about it, which is rare for any game on this website. :)

Comments

• BwanaKuuBwanaKuu Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Lustmord

I would like to recommend taking advantage of the free trial to Vendetta Online, offered here at MMORPG.com.
    You get 1 month free, and if you decide to subscribe, it's only $10 per month.
    They did some recent graphics updates, and are apparently adding more stuff to the game. I am only on my first week of the trial, but I am really liking it. Last night I played until 5am, because I lost track of time.
    It does not have the depth of EVE, which is unfortunate.. but the gameplay is definitely more fun.
    So if you like pvp, and/or want to play something that isn't a wow clone, try it out. You might like it.

And if you don't believe me, check out the Vendetta Online forums here at MMORPG.com..
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/692
    You'll find people saying good things about it, which is rare for any game on this website. :)

Downloading it now, looks like fun.

One thing that always bothered me about the EVE combat was that it was still very fantasy RPGish meaning you just click different skills and the computer does the rest.  Hopefully this one will have a better combat system.  A large sci-fi MMO is such a cool idea, but EVE was far too boring for me to really get into.

• OracleusOracleus Member Posts: 133

wow it was really cool, a reall space shuttle expereince hehe, im excited i will try it.

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

(Cough) Advertising? (Cough)

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• PentamorphPentamorph Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by bigfoots
    (Cough) Advertising? (Cough)

nah. but a lot of ppl (including myself) have just gotten into the game thanks to the free month that mmorpg.com is giving away.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't get the exposure it needs...I think a lot of us new players are just stoked to tell other people about how much this game rocks, and to let people know it exists.

'cause I know I would have been playing it a while ago if I had known about it...and I have to think that others will feel the same once they try it.

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

defenitly a good game. Good community, great learning curve, excelent development staff (even if there's only 4 they make it a point to come into the game at least once or twice a day to see how we're doing, and looking for suggestions.) Plus how many MMOs of ANY genre are you going to find that are avalible for Linux, Mac, and winblows?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This is without doubt the worst buggiest game I have ever played.  How anyone in their right mind can recommend such junk is beyond me.   I feel like an idiot even downloading it and trying it out.

Originally posted by Ozmodan
    This is without doubt the worst buggiest game I have ever played.  How anyone in their right mind can recommend such junk is beyond me.   I feel like an idiot even downloading it and trying it out.

What?? What bugs?? VO is one of the smoothest performing, bug-free MMOs I've ever played. You either have serious computer issues, or you're a troll....sorry, but I have to call them as I see them.

Edit: post history explains it all.

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Pentamorph

What?? What bugs?? VO is one of the smoothest performing, bug-free MMOs I've ever played. You either have serious computer issues, or you're a troll....sorry, but I have to call them as I see them.

Edit: post history explains it all.

Well he's part right but only cause the devs are taking a well diserved R&R over the Christmas break, they'll have it fixed tommorow, still quicker then most MMOs out there.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Well something in the game's write up must have caught your eye or you wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place. 

Could you possibly point out what these bugs may be?  My son and I have been playing a week now and neither of us have seen any bugs.  No rubber-banding of NPC's.  Nothing stuck inside anything else.  No NPC's leaning or sitting on thin air.  All of which I have seen in SWG and PoTBS.  And if you think it's a bug that after doing the mega-grind routine that you in your uber-ship got his behind handed to him by someone flying a beginner's NooB bus ...... wwweeeellll that's not a bug.

I can honestly say that for the staff size, what their budget probably was, the ease it plays on multiple systems (we have both Win XP and Vista), they turned out a pretty good game and I won't have any problem paying the $10.00 a month to keep a sub going.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Then you must not have played very many MMOs. VO is pretty solid, a bit small but solid. And yes for the 10 bucks a month you could do worse.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I'm guessing that you're thinking of a different game?

Np, mistakes happen.

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87

Yea, the guy in blue font HAS to be thinking of a different game or he's just trolling. 

Anyways, I tried vendetta online a long time ago when I got my new x52 joystick, this was after long frustration in finding a decent space simulator that is not in 3rd person (bleh!). 

Vendetta by far was the most polished, smoothest space sim mmo I've played, I was quite satisfied with the gameplay but I ultimately decided not to suscribe after my trial since it looked like there was so little content ahead. I put good faith that over time the content would be very sizeable to make for an enjoyable pronlongued experience. It seems like it has.

I might go back to the game soon, haven't been feeling the space sim vibe for awhile though, Folks at vendetta might be in for a little trouble, I've been eying jump gate evolution for awhile and they probably know alot of other people have aswell. I was never able to try jump gate because the trial required a credit card...Hoping to see what the beta is like.

By the way, as I can recall, in VO there was sections of pvp areas, and non pvp areas in space, are the pvp areas largely avoidable at the later parts of the game? I'm not much for pvp. 

The entire game is open PVP. You can be killed anywhere.

HOWEVER...there are areas that are heavily patrolled, and turreted. Fighting in the No Fire Zone near stations is not advised either.

The PVP is a huge part of this game though...not really designed to be a PVE game.

• StopidFanboiStopidFanboi Member Posts: 65

I'm hooked. Thanks for this thread. Haven't had this much fun in a MMO from a long long time.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Originally posted by kalrhael

By the way, as I can recall, in VO there was sections of pvp areas, and non pvp areas in space, are the pvp areas largely avoidable at the later parts of the game? I'm not much for pvp. 

As said it's a total PvP game.  Some area's are safer than others, but you can be attacked anywhere.  Having said that ......

Like you I'm not a Pvp fan but as I generally play as a courier / freight hauler pilot I don't see it as my job TO FIGHT.  So instead I'll hit the turbo's and haul for my jump point.  The part of this I really like is the rush of knowing that there is some very real danger out there.  I'm actually having to stay involved in the game.  No getting up and going for a soda while flying.  I'm consently checking my radar to see who's out there and if it is a non-my nation player, is he friend or foe?  Do I say 'Hi' or duck and hope he doesn't see me?

My biggest fun factor so far was getting chased by a hostile player and escaping.  I may not like Pvp but it sure add's spice to the game.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Originally posted by StopidFanboi
    I'm hooked. Thanks for this thread. Haven't had this much fun in a MMO from a long long time.

It's crazy isn't it?? It's not the biggest game, or very complex....but it's so much damn fun.

I think a lot of it has to do with the great community, and the incredible physics engine.

I've played a LOT of mmos over the years, but this one has me hooked like I havn't been in a very long time.