Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting all packages?

xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Hey all, i was playing GW when it first came out, and after lvl 20 i quit along with my friends.

We are all bored now with most of the MMOs not being as good as we thought and wanted to come back to GW.

Now of course GW has several packages out, GW, Fac, NF, and EOTN.

Now for me to start completely new account and character - is it best for me to get just GW and finish the camp and then move onto fac, then NF then EOTN?

or is it ok if i just buy them all, and start on the original GW and then progress normally, im abit confused on how all the "compaigns" come together, because i know EOTN is a offical add on so you will require the others.

Hope i made myself clear :).

Comments

• xusheng2xusheng2 Member Posts: 109

get just GW and finish the camp and then move onto fac, then NF then EOTN

Playing: WoW and Guild wars faction.
    waiting on: GW2 and next WoW expansion =)
    played: flyff, diablo2, maplestory, dungeon runners, eudemons online, conquer online, runescape, decide online, perfect world, and atlantica.

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

After Prophecies - you have a choice between Nightfall and Factions. Neither will affect the STORY outcome too much regardless of which you get first. But Nightfall will grant you some heroes. :)

Finally get GW:EN. It's icing on the cake. :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

info on combo packs

North America: Guild Wars Trilogy

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Trilogy

retails around 50.00

Europe: Guild Wars the complete collection

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars:_The_Complete_Collection

includes everything including Eye of the North

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall operate independently and function as seperate games. Eye of the North is meant as a continuation of the Prophecies storyline. Therefore, you can play through Factions first if you wish, then take your character from Factions over to Prophecies, followed by Eye of the North then Nightfall. It doesn't matter. My advice is to just do one campaign at a time as the storylines are enjoyable to work through as a whole instead of working through a number of them at once. 

And on a side note, travel between continents is quick and simple, so it's not as if you totally abandon Prophecies when you start playing Nightfall. It's like teleporting to any other town on the map, just via a ship icon.