Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII Competition

flootieflootie Member Posts: 100
I was thinking that EQ2 will do awesome, but then with the announcement about UXO is makes me a little worried about the competition...anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Theres plenty of competition about, i would say WoW is EQ II main rival right now. Next year is gonna be huge in the world of mmorpg's.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

There are so many potentailly good mmorpgs coming out in the next 6 to 8 months I think its going to be really hard to choose, which is a nice change from waiting for something all the time.  image

I think Lineage 2, W.O.W., UXO, EQ2, and Horizons will all create some serious competition between them.  Maybe that will even help things by creating more competition between companies to make their mmorpg the best it can be.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yea....its promising, i mean look at the release dates on this site, they are like ALL ON ONE DAY!

• justriffejustriffe Member Posts: 17

good im glad. competition is the best thing we can hope for. it means better content and all around better game because SOE wont want to lose there costumers.

hats what i think anywayimage

*LamA Land*

*LamA Land*

• VineyardVineyard Member Posts: 180
    What is UXO?

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

WoW, nice rez on the year old post.

Anyway, UXO was the second attempt at a sequel to Ultima Online. It was canceled shortly after they announced it was being made. EA and MMOGs don't mix.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    they have quite a bit of competition, i see a plethora of new mmorpg's that will be coming out within the next year. and yeah i saw that the uxo was cancelled, BUT heard they were making a UO: second edition now...may be wrong, but it was a rumor i heard.