Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CTS-Site down - any other way to d/l and install or get a patcher/account from?

MorrokMorrok Member Posts: 130

Hi!

It seems the problems mentioned in this thread are back (or still persisting?).

I wanted to use the holidays to test a few games, and it seems this one's perma-down.

Well, it's holidays and all, and i understand they're a small company and probably are not in the office either.

But since i don't really want to wait until mid-January, i am curious if there's another way to test the game?

(Like, all you need is a patcher to download and one can register on a pre-game screen for the free period?)

The posts i've read here, the vid's i saw on you tube left me keen to at least give it a try :)

Thx for any advice!

M

Comments

• AlloughNAlloughN Member Posts: 168

CTS isn't having any problems at all, its the big 1&1 corporation that can't keep the webserver running.

{end rant}

I checked with all the fansites, and it seems that all of them took the shortcut and just posted a URL to the download instead of hosting it themselves.

Maybe some other player knows where it can be downloaded?

O and don't worry, if its not up in a couple days CTS is going to dump 1&1 and go with something else. So it should be back up within 3 days. Normally 1&1 would have it back up in a couple hours but all they will say right now is "Sorry its a hardware issue *click*"

Right now a windows 95 server running on dial-up would work better than 1&1 hosting........

• AlloughNAlloughN Member Posts: 168

Website is back up now

• MorrokMorrok Member Posts: 130

Thx for the reply.

But honestly it does not matter if the problem is with the hoster or the company itself, since the result is the same:

Their site is not accessible ;)

Alas, somewhere between now and ~10mins ago it came back up.

So i am downloading the files atm and i hope i can get a first glance at it tomorrow

(I've been up now for 23+ hrs - i need some rest finally :P )

I plan to make a "dedicated" testdummy at first, or perhaps several.

(Since i had the "privilege" to utterly "misroll" several chars in the past...)

And i hope the site will still be up tomorrow too, so i can check the manuals and Official forums.

(Since the fansites linked here either don't exist anymore or have only links up to the official site.

Might i recommend a mirror site? :)

G'Night  and CU in-game