Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it Too LATE??

well i have been looking for an MMO for a while after quitting WoW and then EQ2, and WoW seems to be doing better i just have a feq questions...

is it too late to join?

are there still lower level characters being made?

is there still ppl to grp with for the first instances(ie VC, WC, SFK)?

are there still lower level guilds?

"Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force"
The Original Jedi Code

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Noob guilds started by scrubs that cant get in raids. No one on my server (Kel'Thuzad) did lower level instances, it was usually power leveled or solo level.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• Azntranc3Azntranc3 Member Posts: 169

IMO just join a High population server, on my server (Gorgonnash) there are lots of low lvls doing instances etc.

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

If you join a high pop server it's still pretty easy to find groups for lower level instances.. I've found groups for WC (level 20ish) on an alt the other day.. Also easily found a group for Uldaman and Scarlet Monestary on a different alt (level 30-40ish).  You can easily level up to the level cap in a pretty short amount of time without even doing any instances, and then gear your character up once you hit the cap..  You could also search for a decent, active guild and get some guild mates to run you through these low level instances..  WoW is easy, and quick to get to the level cap, and there always seems to be folk of all different levels/classes during prime time on the more populated servers.. Concerning WoW, it's never really "too late" to level up a character.. Playing casually, it shouldn't take more then a month or two to level up to the level cap.  Good luck, and happy hunting!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976
    Originally posted by Knived11

is it too late to join?
    are there still lower level characters being made?
    is there still ppl to grp with for the first instances(ie VC, WC, SFK)?
    are there still lower level guilds?
    • A guild I am in recently recruited a player who was brand new to the game. In order to help him settle in, many people created low level alts or assisted with their higher level main characters. If this anecdote is any indication, it is never really too late to join in.
    • People in my guild are always creating new characters to try a new class or just have some fun. As far as my experience, this is a pretty wide spread practice.
    • There are people to group with, but on the older servers, you may find yourself relying on higher level guild members to help you out with instance runs if you want to experience that content.
    • There are still lower level guilds, but the nature of the beast is that they don't stay lower level for very long as it is not terribly difficult to level up.

Hope that helps. Those answers are really just based on what I see, so take them with a grain of salt and weighed against other people's responses.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

It's not too late to join and it won't be for a long while.

People create new characters all the time.  A few months ago, my best friend and I rerolled and the world felt as lively as it did in 2005.   People re-roll all the time, even classes they've played before because the game is a joy to play, and 10 times moreso if you're playing with a friend.

Although, level 80 is where all the fun starts imo - and you've got at least a year to get there now.  

WoW is not only withstanding the test of time, it's kidnapped time and demanding a ransom, and probably will do for many years to come.

Don't worry about being left behind, this isn't EVE where it's impossible to get even near the same number of skillpoints as someone that started years ago.  In WoW you can achieve anything you want if you put your mind to it.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• catsaadcatsaad Member Posts: 176

yeah stupid answers .dont join a high population realm.as they get locked and blizzard doesnot help it before a month .join a server of medium population .if you are looking for fun .or wait in queue like these stupid repliers who dont know a nic about the meaning of mmorpgs

• floppyfacefloppyface Member Posts: 97

No, its not too late. The latest "expansion", Wrath of the Lich King, has basically hit the reset button and started the game all over again. Levelling in WoW is very easy and solo friendly and the vast majority of the PvE content for lvl 80 is very easy and it doesn't require you to have done any of the lvl 60-70 PvE content.

The only thing you will be a long way behind in is achievement points.

PvP is different since how easy/hard it is depends on the opposition. And at the moment doing well in PvP depends on you playing a paladin, death knight, rogue or arcane mage more than anything else.

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

It is never to late to start WoW even when the max lvl will be 100(that means 2 more exp), WoW is a very newbie friendly game.Try to get a RAF to help you level faster.

I'm considering starting WoW again since there are no AAA quality games out there that are casual frendly, as much as i hate to say it, WoW is the only game for me, i don't have the time to spend 4+hrs per day gaming, gf job etc.

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.