Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me it's not so....

Could this become a serious challenger to EVE online? As I scanned the ss I was pleasently surprised to see another decently looking space based game. I was disappointed to see it is p2p instead of a micro system. ( f2p ) This may be a game to test play for those that are bored with the f2p grinds.

Comments

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

It's really more of a direct competitor to Jumpgate (classic) than EVE.  Also, in my opinion it would be horrible if it were based on microtransactions.  The game is about doing stuff, not using little booster potions to get fairy dust xp bonuses.  Plus, since there are only 4 devs on the team I think it is fairly reasonable to pay the $10/month to play.  I've observed and played the game off and on for several years, and recommend everybody at least give it a shot.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

• SoulPTSoulPT Member UncommonPosts: 15

I decided to try it and all i can say is that it kicks ass and could teach somethings to other MMORPG's out there.

It may not have the graphics of EVE but in terms of content, replayability and community it is one of the best space-sims around right now.

You should try it!

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by SoulPT

I decided to try it and all i can say is that it kicks ass and could teach somethings to other MMORPG's out there.

It may not have the graphics of EVE but in terms of content, replayability and community it is one of the best space-sims around right now.

You should try it!

I can only second this. I've been playing for a week now, on the 1 month free trial key, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• gavekgavek Member Posts: 25

yeah one month free trial kicks ass, i cant recomend this game enough.

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

tried it, and it sucks.

• Jamo68Jamo68 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Aramanu

tried it, and it sucks.

This game isnt for everybody, but if you like it you will absolutely love it.

• PentamorphPentamorph Member Posts: 101

"tried it, and it sucks."

Care to be more specific? This is exactly contrary to my experiences.

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

tried it, and it sucks.

sucks how? seriously I smell a eve player coming to troll.

• RossdieRossdie Member Posts: 9

I like this game it has good content, the PVP is awesome, at the time I was playing in 06 the only gripe was not enough systems. I may try coming back to it shortly. I did play EVE for a year and got bored with it, but the community there is ok, just I don't care for games that are basically controlled by a few players. I do see a guild on here that I don't really care for, if they are the same ones that play EVE, as they are one of the controlling factors on EVE and live up to there names.

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

I dont think there are any guilds in VO that are ones from EVE. Some guilds have similar names as ones in EVE but still are not inter-related at all.

The current main guilds in vo are:

CLM, ONE, ITAN, TGFT, PA, ORE, THC, (k)', EMS, THC

in no particular order

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

You did not even give the game a chance Mr. Syder.    Go back to your JGE forums.

• txrextxrex Member CommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by UsedManatee

It's really more of a direct competitor to Jumpgate (classic) than EVE. 

So i am going to play either VO or Jumpgate.  Which should i pick?  I have read both forums and still dont know.  I dont have time to try them both.  I know there are max around 50 players online for VO, how many for Jumpgate?  I liked combat games like Tie fighter, but i also liked Earth and Beyond.  I like to sometimes collect resources/trade as  break from combat.

Also, does VO use a joystick?

Thanks.

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

trex it can use a JS but most ppl prefer the mouse and keyboard method.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

Between Vendetta Online and Jumpgate Classic, Vendetta is definitely the better of the two in my opinion.  The game is actually quite nice, I enjoyed the game using a joystick and the community while small was friendly to say the least.  Though while I enjoyed the game, I had issues with the movement and how it affected PVP.

You can go in reverse, strafe and do other movements that sort of fell in line with general ground FPS games.  It was awkward because I wasn't expecting someone to just reverse and strafe around my ship like I would expect in other games.  It took a sense of realism away from the game, or it just didn't feel "right" to me the way it worked.  Otherwise I enjoyed VO and would have continued to play if it wasn't for this.

Otherwise I'm holding out for JGE in hopes that it feeds the need I have for a more interactive space game.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

It is a good game and will only get better with time.  The Dev(s) has a to do list and even though a game is never 'finished', once they get further down the line this should be a serious under dog challenger to other space games.

It's real big point is the multi-platform support for playing.  It's not just Windows etc... based and that opens it up to alot of players that would normally be left out.

My son and I did the 1 month free trials and enjoyed it (him more so) but we come back to that 'finished' comment.  As it's not totally there yet (econ, lack of missions things like that) it's the type of game you come back to and check up on every so often to see if it's 'ready' yet.  We let our accounts lapse but will be diffinitly be keeping an eye on it.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• LithomanLithoman Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Souvec

Between Vendetta Online and Jumpgate Classic, Vendetta is definitely the better of the two in my opinion.  The game is actually quite nice, I enjoyed the game using a joystick and the community while small was friendly to say the least.  Though while I enjoyed the game, I had issues with the movement and how it affected PVP.
    You can go in reverse, strafe and do other movements that sort of fell in line with general ground FPS games.  It was awkward because I wasn't expecting someone to just reverse and strafe around my ship like I would expect in other games.  It took a sense of realism away from the game, or it just didn't feel "right" to me the way it worked.  Otherwise I enjoyed VO and would have continued to play if it wasn't for this.

It's callesd "physics" mode and it is actually very much like how things would work in a weightless vacuum. (like space)  Physics mode can be strange at first, but I found it easy enough to adjust to.

I did the free month  myself and I really enjoyed the game. I'm no expert at it. Never had a pvp encounter, but then at my level I wouldn't have been  much of a challenge for those who do it every day and have access to the best ships and weapons.

My only gripe (and for most it probably wouldnt matter) is the almost nightly chat drama. I could probably leave the channel and not hear (see) it, but then, I dont play MMOs so I can play alone. And the vast majority of the folks there are very nice and extremely helpful even when you have a "dumb noob" question.

I truely feel the game has great potential, and i recomend it to anyone who who wants to play a game where skill really matters. I will keep an eye on it myself to see what the DEVs come up with, and hopefully come back to it. Hell, if I wasn't out of work I'd probably spend the $10 per month and hang around. Mebbe even go into the pirate killin business...