Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

couldn't get over the fact of no shields

joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

it's a space sim and it's not point and click, you actuall fly around kinda like freelancer or privateer or even terminious,  but it didn't have any shields.

a space sim without shields??

if your lookin for a game like this, may i humbly suggest a freelancer mod, or jumpgate.

but it's your choise and money

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Comments

• XolodnikXolodnik Member Posts: 8

The lack of rechargeable shields in VO is part of what makes the PvP experience so exhilarating - when you get hit, you feel it; when you get hit a lot, you die. No shields means you pay for your mistakes immediately and decisively.

I suggest you come back to VO and give it another try; you might find you like it.

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

I'm sorry but that's the lamest reason yet I've seen for not liking VO.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by hentai_jeff

I'm sorry but that's the lamest reason yet I've seen for not liking VO.

we all have our oppinions.

what did you like about VO?

what char did you rp/play?

as for me i was in it with the mining aspect of it, kinda liked that, though as i said before i just couldn't get over the fact of the no shields.  i eventually went back to JG but only for a bit :)

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

Honestly, I like too many things about the game to name just one. But if I had to name a few I'd say the community is one of the best I've ever seen, hunting the hive is fun and has it's many rewards, and the development team, thought only 4 ppl, comes on and talkes to us regularly and they really do listen. Let's not forget the multiplatform aspect, being a linux user it's a perfect fit for me.

• PentamorphPentamorph Member Posts: 101

I've thought about the shields issue myself a couple of times. After playing for a couple weeks, I have to say that I think shields would ruin the intensity of combat.

VO combat is about skill. Dodging, distance control, knowing the speed of your weapon. If you make a mistake, you pay for it. As a result, combat is intense, engaging, and addictive.

I think adding things like shields would actually detract from that intensity, and "water down" the feeling that your next mistake could be your last.

I love the feeling of absolute control that the flight model gives. It's such a precise, responsive system, and it makes me work on honing my skill each day.

VO is a different kind of game, and I can't wait to see where the devs take it. I know I'll be along for the ride.