Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New rekord.

OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

42951 people online on Tranquility writing this.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

logging in all my accounts this have to be over 43 k :D

BestSigEver :P

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Glad I'm not in Jita : )

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

So many damn people on the server.

Kinda cool that eve's community is so large.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Seems Christmas has a few MMO's in an uproar. While I'm currently playing both Eve and WoW, I figure I might as well add that I'm happy to see Eve doing so well over the holidays. However, of the 10 WoW servers I have characters on, over 1/2 them have had locked status most of this weekend.
    Congrats to both Eve and WoW for their holiday success!

I'm guessing its a side effect of having thousands snowed into their homes from the bad winter storms. 

Edit: Well your at least partially right. I almost forgot schools out for the Christmas holidays so all the kiddies are staying up late and playing

• Vandal783Vandal783 Member Posts: 57

divide that in half and you'll probably have the real number of people logged in

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Vandal783

divide that in half and you'll probably have the real number of people logged in

Maybe so, and its still cool to even have 20k on at the same time on one server. Id like other MMOs to have that in the future.

Originally posted by Rehmes

Maybe so, and its still cool to even have 20k on at the same time on one server. Id like other MMOs to have that in the future.

Maybe so but the majority of other MMO's don't tout that all their players are on one server whilst they can't even handle large scale combat without Dcing everyone and their brother

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Still the only mmo on the market, besides that anomaly that is World of Warcraft, with steadily increasing subscription numbers.  So what if alot of them are multiple accounts?  Still more targets to shoot at, still more accounts contributing to the universal economy, etc etc. 

As far as being able to handle the massive fights - well, I've been playing Eve since 8/06 and I've never been in one.  Now Jita on the other-hand is a lag fest but I handle that by avoiding it unless I have to.  With 5,000 different star systems and over 40,000 different (yes, accounts) players in game all on the same server I think that's pretty damn cool.  They claim that they are improving the lag in large battles but I can't attest to that myself.

o7

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

They claim that they are improving the lag in large battles but I can't attest to that myself.
    o7

300 people in a system fighting are roughly as laggy as 100 people fighting one year ago.
    800 people in jita today lag as much as 300 one year ago.

That's a pretty conservative guesstimate derived from my experience, especially in 0.0 the lag is very incosistent, because often huge fights happen in systems that usually idle, and the cluster can only react to that during downtimes.

Originally posted by batolemaeus

They claim that they are improving the lag in large battles but I can't attest to that myself.

o7

300 people in a system fighting are roughly as laggy as 100 people fighting one year ago.

800 people in jita today lag as much as 300 one year ago.

That's a pretty conservative guesstimate derived from my experience, especially in 0.0 the lag is very incosistent, because often huge fights happen in systems that usually idle, and the cluster can only react to that during downtimes.

I was not in  Jita one year ago. But today when I am there it is usually around/over 700 people there. And I can't really call Jita that laggy that I have been hearing from people, not compared to any other game that may have 40,50 or 100 people around at the same place anyway. From my point of view.

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

Haha divide you post count in half and we've got your IQ.

I was logged in at the time, and I have no alt.

Originally posted by PnHobbit

Coming from the guy with 177 posts and who doesnt know how to use the "quote" button

Originally posted by PnHobbit

Coming from the guy with 177 posts and who doesnt know how to use the "quote" button

Hey, nice here we are throwing insults. How about that :D

Obviously your not clever enough to check his posting history to validate your claim.

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

Lies ,everyone knows that EVE is played by only 1 person who has 47k alts,he just decided to log all of them on today.

Oh here we go, another guy that wants to use the "most of Eve onlines pop are second+ accounts" argument.

Give me a break its been documented that only 16% of the players have second accounts and nopw that ghost training is gone that number is probably cut in half.

Seriously Does it bother you that much that eve is a success? do you have to try to derail the thread with a comment like that?

Anyway back on topic. Yes it seems WoW, Eve and even games like WAR and Lotro are having a good holiday season.

Originally posted by metalhead980

Oh here we go, another guy that wants to use the "most of Eve onlines pop are second+ accounts" argument.

Give me a break its been documented that only 16% of the players have second accounts and nopw that ghost training is gone that number is probably cut in half.

Seriously Does it bother you that much that eve is a success? do you have to try to derail the thread with a comment like that?

Anyway back on topic. Yes it seems WoW, Eve and even games like WAR and Lotro are having a good holiday season.

No it doesnt bother me, I've played Eve since the end of 2005. And my comment did not derail the topic nor was it meant to...its a valid point on the OP's post. 

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

What's the name of that "law" that states something along the lines of: "All forum threads will eventually end up becoming flame-fests and insults?"

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

No it doesnt bother me, I've played Eve since the end of 2005. And my comment did not derail the topic nor was it meant to...its a valid point on the OP's post. 

It is a new rekord after 9 months. And (some) people used more then one account back then aswell.

The last 4 weekends have been pretty close to make a new rekord, the sunday before this beeing only about 500 people from the rekord.

And with the recent ghost training history this could be a bigger rekord than it was in march.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Maybe so but the majority of other MMO's don't tout that all their players are on one server whilst they can't even handle large scale combat without Dcing everyone and their brother

No longer true. They finally kicked that problem in the jimmies... Have been numerous HUGE fleet fights since the recent patches to the server code that allow for more players etc. Jita has over 1000 players in system regularly on weekends now w/o a hiccup and actually very little lag even outside 4-4 itself.

I've personally witnessed a 600 person fleet fight go off nearly lag free (compared to before anyway) and have heard rumors of 400v400 fights going off with reasonable gameplay.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

CCP Explorer
    45,186 online pilots at 20:41 GMT is the new PCU record (the old record was only two weeks old). Thank you all!

BestSigEver :P

Its come to the point that Eve is so packed in high sec that I think CCP may need to Expand .5-1.0 space a bit.

I personally live out in 0.0 but its becoming an ass pain to traval to the populated areas when 200 freaking pilots are hanging around a station that isnt in jita.

Also, I'm shocked that CCP hasent released the new sub numbers yet its no secret that this game has easily exceded the 250k mark ill even go out on a limb and say it has close to 350k now.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Its come to the point that Eve is so packed in high sec that I think CCP may need to Expand .5-1.0 space a bit.

I'd rather punish the idiots in highsec that pile 300+ people into one system for one agent, than neglecting 0.0 even more.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Just more Proof that Eve is Dyeing. Guess i should start canceling my 4 accounts...

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams