Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone think they are gonna open WPE early/extend it longer like the E3 beta?

KenjiWBKenjiWB Member Posts: 39

Comments

• aLeX666aLeX666 Member Posts: 153
    I don't know... but I would really hope so! I doubt it though.

"I am trying to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my @$$."

"I am trying to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my @$$."

• lumynuslumynus Member Posts: 8

They would be smart to.  It has become a trend now for online gaming to let people beta test to see if they like the game.  Yeah, truthfully a beta test is really suppose to be about finding bugs, but I'm sure about only 10% of the players even report bugs.  So far the competition like EQ2 and WOW have been smart with their betas also, with pre-orders and accounts to various websites and have created or should I say strenghten their fan base.  Guild Wars has to create a fan base, so they should hold out a longer beta time just so people can actually know what Guild Wars is. 

• aLeX666aLeX666 Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by lumynus

They would be smart to.  It has become a trend now for online gaming to let people beta test to see if they like the game.  Yeah, truthfully a beta test is really suppose to be about finding bugs, but I'm sure about only 10% of the players even report bugs.  So far the competition like EQ2 and WOW have been smart with their betas also, with pre-orders and accounts to various websites and have created or should I say strenghten their fan base.  Guild Wars has to create a fan base, so they should hold out a longer beta time just so people can actually know what Guild Wars is. 

I got to agree that their Public Relation manager is too quiet. As for the beta, their internal testers and staff make a very sound team and they know their stuff. When I see guilds like LotD testing every builds out there to balance hundreds of skills out, I know the finished product is going to rock. I'm not worried about bugs, E34E didn't have much. Their tools are awesome and I expect WPE to run smoothly.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I can only pray, and hope.

But whenever I do that, my prayers are never answered... so I'll just wait and see so I won't be disapointed.  image

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• abollardiereabollardiere Member UncommonPosts: 121

Jonny come lately here ...

I wasn't around for E3 ... in fact I didn't even know about the existence of this game ... can someone tell me what happened at E3 ... ie how much earlier than anticipated did they start the event ... and for how long did they extend it.

... this might give me an idea of what to expect in the event that ArenaNet decides to be generous once more.

SWG - droid engineer (retired)

CoH - Electric Lama - Lvl 26 Blaster

WoW Stress Beta - Kame - Lvl 16 Night Elf Hunter (brutally killed)

SWG - droid engineer (retired)

CoH - Electric Lama - Lvl 26 Blaster(retired)

WoW - Kame - Lvl 60 NE Hunter
    Server: Zul'jin
    Guild: Crash Test Bunnies

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I dont think they will extended it to much, if at all. Beta weekends start right after WPE. Thats my guess.

==================================================
    speedmann.blogspot.com

*Guild Wars and World of Warcraft will kick @55*

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by abollardiere

Jonny come lately here ...
      I wasn't around for E3 ... in fact I didn't even know about the existence of this game ... can someone tell me what happened at E3 ... ie how much earlier than anticipated did they start the event ... and for how long did they extend it.
    ... this might give me an idea of what to expect in the event that ArenaNet decides to be generous once more.

They were going to start it on a friday like the WPE, but to my surprise they started it on tuesday. How long did it last, well not sure. Can't remember it exactly but it may have end on the monday. So just about a solid week of Guild Wars, was fun.  WPE is alot of fun too.

speedmann.blogspot.com

*Guild Wars and World of Warcraft will kick @55*

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!