Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PDO Review by Insipid

I have been playing this game on and off for probably close to a combined 8 months. The game is based in ancient China during the warring states period and a player has a choice of one of 4 professions, and the choice to join one of 4 states. Available professions include Paladin, Assassin, Wizard, and Priest. All professions have their strengths and weaknesses, a Paladin excels in close range combat because he has the defense and life to handle it, an Assassin uses mostly ranged attacks but does have the ability to hold its own in close range combat since they naturally have a better chance to dodge than other professions, A Wizard specializes in causing heavy damage but lacks life and defense, finally a Priest is mainly used for healing and support, their summons are actually useful unlike other games and they naturally have more resistance to negative affects than other classes. Players have the opportunity to choose an element for their character; there are 5 elements from which to choose. These are: Metal, Fire, Earth, Water, and Wood; each promotes a different aspect. Metal promotes damage, Fire promotes speed, Earth promotes defense, Water promotes mana/mana regeneration, and Wood promotes HP/HP regeneration; furthermore once one has gained level 50 they may choose a minor element but the properties are reduced by either 1/3 or 1/6, I do not recall which. The game has a crafting system in which you use to create equipment, in order to do so a player must collect certain materials in various amounts that are then combined to create the equipment. There is much more but I am too lazy to include it in this review.

Summary-

Graphics: 9/10

Community: 5/10 (many people are nice but even more are a$$ holes)

Gameplay: 7/10 (everything comes to a screeching stop at about level 55, which is not hard to obtain)

PvP: 7/10 (it takes some skill to excel in PvP on this game, but I am not a big PvPer)

Crafting: 8/10 (it can be hard to craft decent gear, a lot of time spent collecting materials)

Overall Concept: 9/10

Other Thoughts-

Play this game; I would like to see the community grow so I do not have to deal with the same people all the time. There is a lot of emphasis on teamwork, which gets to the point where it is annoying once you get up to mid/high levels. The GM’s could show their presence in the game a bit more often ban some people or something.

Comments

• JskcoreJskcore Member Posts: 2

Forget what I said about playing this game, avoid this game like it is the plague, this game is almost surely going to die...