Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anybody actually going to DO anything about it?

TussTuss Member Posts: 103

There are complaints on this forum. A lot of complaints. People complaining about customer support and the trading limits, etc etc. What I wonder is why no one is actually DOING anything about it. How come no one has tried to organise a protest or tried to get a job at Jagex to change stuff or ANYTHING? All I see are a bunch of pathetic POES siting at their keyboard with nothing better to do than complain about how bad the game is. If it's so bad, DO SOMETHING! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Comments

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

So what are you doing to fix the situation?

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

I am pointing out the good parts to the people who only see the bad.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527
    Originally posted by Tuss

I am pointing out the good parts to the people who only see the bad.

Funny, looks to me like you're trying to point blame at the people who were unsatisfied with Runescape, rather than at the people who are actually responsible.

As players, we don't need to do anything about it. We tell Jagex how we feel, and they either fix it or they don't. Usually the latter. I quit playing a long time ago and have seen no real reason to come back. Jagex will do what they have always done - ignore the playerbase and do whatever the hell they please, regardless of opinion.

• NalestomNalestom Member Posts: 47

How come no one has tried to organise a protest or tried to get a job at Jagex to change stuff or ANYTHING?

Funny you mention it, as a ton of people have done that. Do you know what happened to them? IP ban. Jagex is handing out offense for creating a protest/riot/march, so that's out of the question. Forum petitions? Deleted. People try, but people continue to fail, because Jagex insists upon letting others know that everything is fine with the game.

And seriously? You'd get fired within an instant for trying to convince anyone that this game is going down the deep end.

There's nothing you can really do anymore to let Jagex know they've destroyed an excellent game except quit the game and leave it alone. After that, there's no point in beating a dead horse.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I wonder how the game ever got more than 2 people to ever pay for it.......I still to this day have not found a worse community or a game that has worse graphics.

• NalestomNalestom Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Theocritus

I wonder how the game ever got more than 2 people to ever pay for it.......I still to this day have not found a worse community or a game that has worse graphics.

Well, the funny thing is that, once you start paying that $5 (or however much they're charging now) you're instantly granted a better community, as many of the immature players aren't paying a dime. Not to say that everybody with a membership is nice, but the community instantly gets better.

As for the graphics, they are excellent graphics...because they are programmed in Java! If you can show me one game that is programmed in Java and can be played in your browser, I'd pay you quite a bit.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

POES

that is a very rude name for a vagina where I live.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Nalestom

Well, the funny thing is that, once you start paying that $5 (or however much they're charging now) you're instantly granted a better community, as many of the immature players aren't paying a dime. Not to say that everybody with a membership is nice, but the community instantly gets better.

As for the graphics, they are excellent graphics...because they are programmed in Java! If you can show me one game that is programmed in Java and can be played in your browser, I'd pay you quite a bit.

Lol yeah if any of these people that say RS's graphics sucks can show us one MMORPG that is programmed in JAVA that has better graphics than runescape I'll give them 100 bucks. Also, it has to have a world that is about the same size as RS's.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

There are complaints on this forum. A lot of complaints. People complaining about customer support and the trading limits, etc etc. What I wonder is why no one is actually DOING anything about it. How come no one has tried to organise a protest or tried to get a job at Jagex to change stuff or ANYTHING? All I see are a bunch of pathetic POES siting at their keyboard with nothing better to do than complain about how bad the game is. If it's so bad, DO SOMETHING! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

There are complaints on this forum. A lot of complaints. People complaining about others not doing anything, etc etc. What I wonder is why no one is actually DOING anything about it. How come no one has tried to organise a protest or tried to get a job at Jagex to change stuff or ANYTHING? All I see are a bunch of pathetic POES siting at their keyboard with nothing better to do than complain about how bad the game is. If it's so bad, DO SOMETHING! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

• MinikillersMinikillers Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Lydon

POES

that is a very rude name for a vagina where I live.

I think not :P, well of course it depends on what you call rude. I wouldn't call poes offensive or w/e.

Add me on MSN: [email protected]

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Minikillers 

I think not :P, well of course it depends on what you call rude. I wouldn't call poes offensive or w/e.

In South Africa we speak a language called Afrikaans, which derives from Dutch, and in Afrikaans it's very offensive lol.

Originally posted by Lydon

Originally posted by Minikillers 

In South Africa we speak a language called Afrikaans, which derives from Dutch, and in Afrikaans it's very offensive lol.

Oh lol, yeah I'm Dutch. Aparently the word took a course on its own :P... Here it's not a descent word for it, though it's commonly accepted I guess. I mean I wouldn't know who would take offense to it.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by Bonemane

Lol yeah if any of these people that say RS's graphics sucks can show us one MMORPG that is programmed in JAVA that has better graphics than runescape I'll give them 100 bucks. Also, it has to have a world that is about the same size as RS's.

Starwars galaxies uses java.  Java isn't as limited as people think, the problem is Jagex run it through a browser which is limited.

I'd like my 100 bucks in cash please :)

Originally posted by NasherUK

Originally posted by Bonemane

Starwars galaxies uses java.  Java isn't as limited as people think, the problem is Jagex run it through a browser which is limited.

I'd like my 100 bucks in cash please :)

He might pay you in Runescape-bucks :P called gp hehe...

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

So is that a no?

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

We both used to love Jagex. But wait, they still have a second chance-and that is mechscape. This is the only positive thing  I can say about Jagex. Let's just wait and see, Ill keep my fingers crossed.