Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will factions effect the layout of space?

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

What I want to ask is if the different factions will have thier own space, if so will this be dynamic with space gained and lost due to player actions? Also will I be able to raid enemy space where and when I please being a FFA pvp enviroment? Will members of opposite factions be able to kill eachother when and where they wish?

thankyou,

Agricola.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

Check out http://jumpgateevo.wikia.com/wiki/Sector_Control

As of writing, control of sectors can change and will be factional. For how long, whether this will change during beta (it causes problems for multifactional PvP squads who can only claim sectors for the claimants Nation) and other elements of the PvP mechanic remain to be seen.

For more (again, still not concrete) information on PvP, check out http://jumpgateevo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:PvP - don't assume all space will be FFA PvP however.

• slapstik89slapstik89 Member Posts: 19

Hehe, how unforunate for those who like to gank the newbies.

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

Ganking is pretty hard to do in a game that relies on your skills as a pilot so much, particularly if the ship you're trying to gank just fires its engines at full speed and heads for the nearest gate.

Even if you could catch them eventually, do you really want to risk trying? 

• NalestomNalestom Member Posts: 47

I think that the territory is pretty much static, which means that the amount of space owned by your faction is constantly changing.

Which raises another question: How will the game "even out" the amount of people on each faction? What will happen if the majority of players belong to one faction, leaving the other factions devoid of players and activity? Are they allowed to keep some of their territory permanently until more players join that side if this happens?