Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played the trial about a 2 weeks ago and loved it...however...

DarksixDarksix Member UncommonPosts: 140

Made a DE SK and made it to 20 and started a Human wizard and got to level 14 on the RP (pvp) server ..was very fun..I was addicted and glad to be  playing something interesting again other then WOW.  I was going to subscribe to the full game this week when I got paid. However....The Cash shop is just horrible. Not going to subscribe...Played pre NGE SWG and loved it and then was force to quit..and now this. SOE's games would be the best if they were in the right corporations hands. I am very disturbed with SOE and the way they treat the customer.

{ Mod Edit }

(PC Specs)
AMD Phenom II 965 3.4 Quad
8GB G-skill Ripjaw 1600mhz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 1280mb
Windows 7 64 bit

Comments

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

How's it going to affect your gameplay?

• Battle-SotABattle-SotA Member Posts: 20

Unfortunately, I resubbed about 2 weeks before all of this.  Probably wouldnt have if I would have known about the cash shop thing.  Cancelling my sub after this month.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by Darksix

Made a DE SK and made it to 20 and started a Human wizard and got to level 14 on the RP (pvp) server ..was very fun..I was addicted and glad to be playing something interesting again other then WOW. I was going to subscribe to the full game this week when I got paid. However....The Cash shop is just horrible. Not going to subscribe...Played pre NGE SWG and loved it and then was force to quit..and now this. SOE's games would be the best if they were in the right corporations hands. I am very disturbed with SOE and the way they treat the customer.
    { Mod Edit }

Since when can a person Level to 20 with the Trial? Isn't the max 10 or 12? At least it was 3 months ago when I did the trial.

• DarksixDarksix Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

Made a DE SK and made it to 20 and started a Human wizard and got to level 14 on the RP (pvp) server ..was very fun..I was addicted and glad to be playing something interesting again other then WOW. I was going to subscribe to the full game this week when I got paid. However....The Cash shop is just horrible. Not going to subscribe...Played pre NGE SWG and loved it and then was force to quit..and now this. SOE's games would be the best if they were in the right corporations hands. I am very disturbed with SOE and the way they treat the customer.
    { Mod Edit }

Since when can a person Level to 20 with the Trial? Isn't the max 10 or 12? At least it was 3 months ago when I did the trial.

I played the 14 day trial and my Shadowknight capped out at 20 and my Wiz made it to 14 before trial expired. ..Thats how......

(PC Specs)
    Windows 7 64 bit

• QurellQurell Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by drag9999

How's it going to affect your gameplay?

It's hardly a need for the cash shop to affect my gameplay to be against it. Some people like the fact that MMOs and real world are separated and that the only thing that matters in the game is what you do in the game. It doesn't matter if the items sold is just crap or if they are the best in the game. The existence of the cash shop is enough for me. Not all share this opinion of course and if you aren't bothered about the RMT then you should be happy. Just accept that for some of us this is important.

But there is no need to get upset about this. SOE is a company and they want to get the most profit. This station cash might be the way forward but it will be without me playing. I just hope not all games starts with this.

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

the QQ from this station cash thing is so ridiculous lol

IT DOESN'T EFFECT YOU OR YOUR GAMEPLAY BALANCE - so why cry about it. No one is forcing you to go spend real life money.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by anakinsella

IT DOESN'T EFFECT YOU OR YOUR GAMEPLAY BALANCE - so why cry about it. No one is forcing you to go spend real life money.

Comments like that help to cheapen not only the game, the genre. Because it will effect the the game and genre --

AS THE STEREOTYPE WILL BE EVERY GAMER WHO PLAYS A GAME WITH RMT ARE CHEATERS OR GOLD DIGGERS!

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

The trial level cap is 10.

Nice fail

-------------------------

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Netzoko

Nice fail

Yup.

I think this could be classed as an epic fail by the OP.

Check out the post history of Darksix. Most of their posts are a dig at SOE. Classic example of the 'Star Wars NGE war victim' sheep mentality.

I think it's time for Darksix to move on. Dwelling on a part of your past that had a negative impact is not a healthy pastime.

• imp0imp0 Member Posts: 54

yeah.. EQ2 was a great game but i quit because of that cash shop and i'm never going back.

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Originally posted by UNATCOII

Originally posted by anakinsella

Comments like that help to cheapen not only the game, the genre. Because it will effect the the game and genre --

AS THE STEREOTYPE WILL BE EVERY GAMER WHO PLAYS A GAME WITH RMT ARE CHEATERS OR GOLD DIGGERS!

I don't get it.

How does it make you a cheater when it gives you no real imbalanced advantage over another? And even in the case where you get an xp boost for X amount of time from an RMT potion, it's not "cheating" because everyone has the freedom to go pick up this "potion" or whatever.

People who cry about RMT and claim to quit a game over it don't understand how RMT works (how it will work in game and in the genre as a whole) and are drama queens.

You sound like a rich spoiled girl at her sweet sixteen when her dad didn't get her the right sports car. "I'm never talking to you again daddy!"

• KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648

what does the cash shop really offer?

Originally posted by darwa

Nice fail

Yup.

Check out the post history of Darksix. Most of their posts are a dig at SOE. Classic example of the 'Star Wars NGE war victim' sheep mentality.

I think it's time for Darksix to move on. Dwelling on a part of your past that had a negative impact is not a healthy pastime.

THE TRIAL LEVEL CAP IS 20 AND IT IS A 14 DAY TRIAL!  It may used to be 10. But its now 20 trust me! If ya dont believe me then do some research and create a trial account and see for yourself.... 

(PC Specs)
    Windows 7 64 bit

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Oh and by the way...if you do check my post history you will see that I loved the EQ trial Prior to the Cash Shop introduction. There are no SOE bashes unless I agree with someone on the topic. Nice epic fail at trying to make me look like a SOE basher all though I do now dislike the corp even more.  Keep up the good work Meathead!!!!

Even more? Guess that means you disliked sony before? But yet did the trial? 

Originally posted by grandpagamer

Oh and by the way...if you do check my post history you will see that I loved the EQ trial Prior to the Cash Shop introduction. There are no SOE bashes unless I agree with someone on the topic. Nice epic fail at trying to make me look like a SOE basher all though I do now dislike the corp even more.  Keep up the good work Meathead!!!!

Even more? Guess that means you disliked sony before? But yet did the trial? 

I was rather displeased with what happend to SWG and  we the customers. But I have always loved EQ 1 seeing how it was my first love and exp in the MMO universe.  I gave EQ II a try and loved that also. But it is now with what they are doing to their customers and the game that makes me ill.  Even though today if SOE was to hold a great game with no Cash shop etc... I would give it a try. But I dont think they are capable of holding or "keeping" a game great anymore...they always seem to ruin them.

(PC Specs)
    Windows 7 64 bit

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Nice fail

Yup.

THE TRIAL LEVEL CAP IS 20 AND IT IS A 14 DAY TRIAL!  It may used to be 10. But its now 20 trust me! If ya dont believe me then do some research and create a trial account and see for yourself.... 

So are they now letting you get off the "trial island" to get those other 10 levels?  That's interesting.  I didn't know they changed that either.

I think this might have changed with RoK when they added the other starting zones, if it changed....I'm truthfully not sure, since I haven't played the TRIAL part of the game for oh....four years.  LOL

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by girlgeek

Nice fail

Yup.

So are they now letting you get off the "trial island" to get those other 10 levels?  That's interesting.  I didn't know they changed that either.

I think this might have changed with RoK when they added the other starting zones, if it changed....I'm truthfully not sure, since I haven't played the TRIAL part of the game for oh....four years.  LOL

Yep..you can get of the isle now....My SK is camped in freeport. You also do not need to start on the isle with some races such  as human, woodelf, halfelf etc.... you can start in timmerous deep or DE wooded area outside Neriak and a few other areas.

(PC Specs)
    Windows 7 64 bit

This discussion has been closed.