Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You'r Silkroad reviews and oppinions.

mrchodykomrchodyko Member Posts: 18

Is Silk road as good or as bad as i hear it to be?

The grind seems intense, even the official website jokes about it. However the hardcore players seem to love it.

So i want to know If it is worth getting. Any information on it from the most known crap to lttle picky bits will be great. Tell us about your experiences with it, good and especialy bad. And if you feel up to it describe it in great detail. Info on how combat works, how everything works realy will be great.

The stuff I want to know is is it skill based like FlyFF (not much at all) WoW (you do need some skill to play it well) or skill like Battlefeild (bad example, wahtever)

Are the character class/builds open ended or waht you pick is waht you are good at? also are the european characters as good as the chinese and info on them?

do you need to spend real money to have a good time early on or can it realy wait till you are in your later lvls?

about build!!! spear ice compared to sword fire, everything. also waht ALL different weeapon types do and waht they are etc etc.

Seriously concidering Silkroad and your info will be very much appreciated.

played WoW, GW, RO, MS, Thang, RS, RAKION, PWI, Atlantica Online, FlyFF, RF (I'll miss RF) and a fiew more.

Comments

• remusus03remusus03 Member UncommonPosts: 88

if u get lucky to log into the server .. that is.. its heavy grindfest... to the core...but good PVP on the absis of the trade stuff..but again...UBER loads of BOTS...so u can forget it..dont try...curse urself for trying...SRO good days are long gone

• agiraagira Member Posts: 9

Hello,

After 2 years break  i started to play this game again, then what i can say:

Idea of game and game is good, but:

1. They still not solved trading stalls problem, at cities stay thousants of people which very much lag the server, they have some trading system familar a bit to runescape grand exchange or WoW - except then player must stay connected to sell something what is main problem, then when in city stay 3 000 or more people server must send information to each of they about each of they and i think this make megabytes, maybe more traffic for server in second... they need to solve this.. then when they done to possible to trade when player offline, they need to disconnect players after afk like 10 minutes to solve lag and connecting problems.

2. GM Care just about money (like silk buying problems or abuse of this) not about gameplay at all, i played just few days then i observed a lot of bots which very openly macroing, they i suppose do nothing if you cheater and you buy some silk....

3. Advertising of real world item trades, like selling items, gold or power leveling for real money in game at all cities, i saw then almost one guy write in 1 second 4 messages about this, this make angry players and this very lag the server  because then server must send this info to thousants of people which sstay at city... GM's don't care about this and they don't ban they at all and they have no any flood protection at server side about that, they can easy catch they with some server side modifications i think, what mean then leak of support for game at all...

4. IMO, new EURO race is overpowered.

Resume:

If people can trade staying offline or when they train and if silkroad will implement auto disconnect after like 5 minutes afk and if GM start to ban cheaters/spamers/macroers(bots) then lags will gone, then start to be easy to connect and we get less crowded training places with less at least bots, i sugges to make abuse report system as in runescape, then people will able to help gm to find who abuse game, when they done that i will rate for hight as possible rating for this game, but util situation is like this and no good suport i rate just averange this game.

Agira,

Developer.