Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good server?

CavissiCavissi Member Posts: 42

I have been playing on a trial account. i enjoy the game, but the server seems dead. i am currently on titan. the AH is like empty, and its near impossible to find groups. are there any servers out there that have a decent pop?

Comments

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

I play Ragnarok.  The pop is good and there are always people looking to party.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Two servers I would reccomend (as usual) are Pandamonium and Bismarck.  Pandy server is 1053 atm but it's It's only prime time for European players atm.  Bismarck (My home server) tends to have more people about now but i cant check atm as i'm on Pandy.  If you choose Bismarck, I can help show you around a little, give you some pointers and a tour as well as a Linkshell.  If you choose Pandy, WSIMike has always been sure to welcome to new players from here as well.

So if you're not finding a good home on Titan i would reccomend these two.  I used to reccomend Titan too but i've not been on there in a good long time so really cant say for the population server.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• Marry23Marry23 Member Posts: 3

choose a good server is really important, one year ago, i chose a server which dead all the time.it's really disgusting!!

• scott21493scott21493 Member Posts: 61

I just started up on Bismark and I've had very little problems finding a party unless its 3AM or something.

Frank Grimes is a great help if you decide to play on that server I'd take him up on his offer.  Wouldn't be having such an easy time getting used to everything if it wasn't for him.

• icyredicyred Member Posts: 138

ragnorok and Odin are the 2 best.

• MarokiiMarokii Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember Posts: 16

Any Server will do well, but if you're looking for a populated/popular server in particular, Odin is probably more to your liking.

If you don't like Odin, you should just see if there are any here or on other sites willing to help you out if you start, or check out ffxiah.com's list of the servers, as you'll get a general idea of how that server's economy looks. (And there are some major differences in server-to-server economy.)

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

i wouldnt 100% suggest Pandy server, ive played there for like 3yrs, nowadays its one of th elower poped servers and usualy not a ton going on (if its not endgame..people cant get enough Nyzule isle here) its better to choose another. the highest ive seen it lately was mabey 1,500~ but i know many others are higher.

not to mention we are still one of the more expensive ones, party wise its not bad but some of the lower levels can have huge wait times (depending on job and lvl)

id say while on the trial try meeting some people ont he boards here of see the pops of a few servers during the time you play.

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

I just started playing FFXI again a little over a month ago on the CaitSith server. Seems like a very nice place.