Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a way to subscribe without paying for boxs set?

is there a way to subscribe without paying for boxs set?

i already had the trial long time ago but didnt got no where.... start at shore and got no where . lazy to learn to play. dont know where to go and dont know what to do. the guy that helped me got no voice dialogue i guess its my comp. and i dont care to read quests. i jus fight few mobs and thats it. i play like 10min running around and fight few mobs and shut it down. next day launch it... run around... for 4min... shut it down.. ect...

enough of small talk. my question is... is there a way to subscribe without paying for the box set? as i already had the trial.....

i want to test my rig's might on age of conan. it will be

x2 4400+

total 6gig ram. 2x 1gb XMS2 DHX, 2x 2gb XMS2 GHX  (aiming for 16gig after)

8800 GT msi

vista 64bit

Comments

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Is this a serious post?

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539
    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

Is this a serious post?

If it is might be one of the dumbest ones I have see.But I will bite no you cant have the game for free without buying the actual game trial is a trial if you wanna actually play past a trial on most everything then yes you have to purchase the acutal game.

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

but it is riddiculous to subscribe and pay additional one time fee for box set and thats like about 30 bucks.

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by UpskirtPower

but it is riddiculous to subscribe and pay additional one time fee for box set and thats like about 30 bucks.

Have you ever played a MMORPG before? Most MMO's  Charge for the box and a subscription....  And from what you are telling us in your OP I honestly do not think MMO's are for you.... Allow me to list the reasons:

1. You don't want to read

2.  You are too lazy to learn to play (Your own words)

MMO's require you to learn the game, much the same way other games do..... they also require you to read..... So perhaps instead of wasting your money on this and regretting, I am honestly going to recommend you find some other genre you will enjoy.

NOTE: Please note, I am not trying to be mean, I am just working off what you have stated here and in your OP

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

Get Crysis (think the box is quite cheap) - if you really need to bring your system to its knees. Don't think the 8800 will be a match for that game.

Other than that - games do cost money, a trial is a trial and is only meant for you to test a game. If you want to play it, buy it. The price is comparable to single player games and the first month alone gives you more to do than in most offline games (like for example Crysis).

And btw, just saw AOC for 10 bucks at a local computer store, so that's really a great deal, if you ask me.

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by xXSeraphielX

Have you ever played a MMORPG before? Most MMO's  Charge for the box and a subscription....  And from what you are telling us in your OP I honestly do not think MMO's are for you.... Allow me to list the reasons:

MMO's require you to learn the game, much the same way other games do..... they also require you to read..... So perhaps instead of wasting your money on this and regretting, I am honestly going to recommend you find some other genre you will enjoy.

NOTE: Please note, I am not trying to be mean, I am just working off what you have stated here and in your OP

well i do read in ff7,ff8, suikoden3 but reading quest in a mmo is boring.... no real story. all mmos should be like everquest2 where every npc talk to you and explain to you with full voice so it motivate the people like me to do quests. reading is boring.listening is not.

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by xXSeraphielX

well i do read in ff7,ff8, suikoden3 but reading quest in a mmo is boring.... no real story. all mmos should be like everquest2 where every npc talk to you and explain to you with full voice so it motivate the people like me to do quests. reading is boring.listening is not.

Well in tortage most of the quests are voiced, however post level 20 you will be lucky to find many. I did enjoy the fact that EQ2 had the voice overs... but that unfortunately is NOT the norm in most MMO's.

I am still going to need to stand by my original statement though, I honestly do not believe you will care for Age of Conan.... however I am certain you can request a buddy key from someone and play the game on the 7 day pass. Though downloading the game may be a little difficult (unless you still have it installed from last time)